McDonald's Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015
1,147 Interview Reviews

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Brisbane) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through metime and a few weeks later I got an email inviting me in for an interview. The interview was then another few weeks later.

The interviewer came out and guided me to a private area and he asked a few general questions like, "What did you do today?" And "What are you studying at uni?". They want to know what kind of responsibilities you have. This was followed by a few basic questions and a whole heap of situational questions like, "You're cleaning the bench and a customer walks in, how would you greet them?" Or "A customer makes a mess and seems embarrassed about it, what do you do?" It's all common sense. What they want to hear is that you're friendly, willing to engage in small talk, customer orientated and like teamwork. They don't expect you to know everything. My interviewer even guided me to the right answer if I only answered partially right.

I heard that they usually tell you whether you're hired in the interview, but I received an email from them five days after the interview telling me that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at McDonalds?   1 Answer
    • How would you bring your "A-game" to work each day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Sydney) in April 2015.

Interview

After booking the interview, what you want to do when you meet the hiring manager at the place is ask one of the members working in McDonald's for the hiring manager. When you see him/her tell him/her you're here for an interview and offer him/her a firm handshake and say to him/her your name. E.g ( Hi,my names John and i'm here for an interview). (P.S Wear something suitable at the interview and try not to look too sharp)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this Maccas?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Illawarra

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's (Lake Illawarra) in March 2015.

Interview

They did a group interview process/ speed interview process. The manager told me they were bulk hiring because they were opening up a new section. They sat 4 interviewees on four tables and had four interviewers (Store manager, assistant manager, and two others) and spent four minutes with each person asking general questions before moving on to the next table. NOTE: I only went for the interview yesterday so they have not got back to me yet whether I have got the job or not.

General Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Perth, Western Australia) in March 2015.

Interview

She came out, shook my hand and we sat down at a table. Friendly chatter for a moment or two before she went through my online application asking and clarifying a few things - availability, references, salary expectations. She was friendly throughout the whole process and gave me feedback of how I went and what I could have said to make myself sound even better (which was extremely helpful).

Interview Questions

• Why McDonalds? Why did you choose us over Hungry Jacks, KFC, etc?   Answer Question
    • Why THIS McDonalds?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you? In one sentence, why should we hire you over everybody else?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

did online application. got email and i was called for an interview. you can view your progress via online portal. formal dressing. personal grooming very important. easy questions.a question that is must: why do you want for Maccas. they are quite fast with interview and result.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

So far, I have my interview booked for in 6 days, so I will speak about the initial McDonald's Australia process.

On the metime website, McDonald's career portal, you initially take about 10-15 mins to fill out an account, after which you'll get your log on ID number. You apply for the job you'd like, at whichever location you want, which takes about 15-20mins. It asks you everything from availability to scenario questions, such as those I'll include below. I heard back from 1 store (maximum of 10 on one application) within 12 hours. I booked in my interview time and here I am.

Fast and easy system.

Interview Questions

• You work in a retail store and a customer wants to buy a product that you do not have in their size at the store. You know a nearby store has the size the customer would like. What do you do?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnie

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Burnie) in September 2014.

Interview

It was rather a fast but relaxed interview.
    The hiring manager was interested in, my availability and people skills.
    All she expects is that "you do your job right." and that you can prove to be a valued employee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick, easy, flexible

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Brief 15 minute interview, general questions about yourself and why you want to work for this company. Manager easy-going, makes you feel comfortable. Interview done on the floor of the restaurant. Hired on the spot, and ask you for your availabilities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Melbourne).

Interview

A very enjoyable interview. When entering, I approached the front counter and asked for the hiring manager. I waiting for a few minutes, sitting with my friends. I was approached by the interviewer. It was a casual and pleasant conversation. The questions were really simple. I was told that I was hired mid way through the interview.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to manage your time with both university and work? How?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McDonalds Creek

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's (McDonalds Creek).

Interview

Handed in my application and she said I was hired 30 seconds later