McDonald's

Getting the Interview

694 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sydney

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in August 2012.

Interview Details Incredibly easy, apply, get an interview, discuss availability, (generally) get the job. If you don't get the job it's because your availability doesn't match theirs.

Interview Question – "Why do you want to work at McDonald's"   Answer Question

Melbourne

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details A very enjoyable interview. When entering, I approached the front counter and asked for the hiring manager. I waiting for a few minutes, sitting with my friends. I was approached by the interviewer. It was a casual and pleasant conversation. The questions were really simple. I was told that I was hired mid way through the interview.

Interview Question – Will you be able to manage your time with both university and work? How?   View Answer

McDonalds Creek

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details Handed in my application and she said I was hired 30 seconds later

Perth, Western Australia

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2012.

Interview Details Application made online. McDonald's followed up with an email inviting me to an interview at the store. Sat with the HR person and talked- fairly casual and relaxed. I was hired on the spot and didn't need to wait to find out if I had gotten the job which was nice. I was taken on a walk through the kitchen and rear areas and issued a uniform (shirt, pants, hat, belt). Received online training which I did at home and a handbook covering expected questions you might have that is a cut down version of the full handbook.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at McDonald's?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick and easy.

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk

I applied online and interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details Easy interview that asks basic questions.

Interview Question – Know something about their food.   Answer Question

Sydney

I interviewed at McDonald's in March 2010.

Interview Details Submitted online application 5 times before accepted. Was emailed for an interview. Book an interview time online. Need to follow up with the managers a week after the interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Melbourne

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2008.

Interview Details Apply online on their site.
If they want to interview you, you get an email and choose a time.
After the interview if you are hired you are told via email.

Interview Question – Where you would prefer to work in the store (They are no really hard questions asked)   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at McDonald's in September 2008.

Interview Details I had applied job through online application and then received a call for interview. I went for interview and the store owner took my interview and he asked me a lot of questions about my previous job like what i have to do in that job and so on.

Interview Question – I didnot face any difficult question since i answered all the questions he asked me.   Answer Question

Sydney

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2012.

Interview Details Went Online and applied through McDonalds metime then got an email 2 weeks later asking for an interview.

Interview Question – No Difficult questions, just the basics.   Answer Question

Cleaner Interview

Perth, Western Australia

I applied in-person and the process took 8 months - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2011.

Interview Details one interview

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at McDonald's

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!

McDonald's Videos

McDonald's – Why Work for Us?

Can you imagine a world without the Big Mac? Or Chicken McNuggets? Or Happy Meals? Luckily, back in 1954, a man named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of our history… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McDonald's interview questions and advice. All 694 interview reviews are posted anonymously by McDonald's employees and interview candidates.