McGladrey LLP

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

2.6

Financial Advisor Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Applied through University job site, got an email about a social at a nearby restaurant to meet the firm (but was not required), scheduled an interview time through university job site, had one interview with HR employer from Cedar Rapids, IA. It took over a month to hear back from them even with a thank you email and another email asking about an estimate on when I would hear back (with no reply)

Interview Questions
    • Take me through a time when you had someone working for you that did not deliver on a deadline?; Many questions were previously listed in Glassdoor   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

I received an interview through a college recruiting event. Everyone throughout the process was very friendly. The interview lasted around an hour and was mostly informational. They ask me a lot of questions about myself and my career aspirations. Then, I was given a chance to ask questions about their firm. I would recommend being prepared with a number of questions that you might have.

Audit Senior Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Contacted on phone by internal recruiter who found resume.

One formal at office Interview met with:

Supervisor - Financial Services
    Director - Financial Services
    Partner - Financial Services
    Recruiting Coordinator - Financial Services

Taken to lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Take me through a time when you had someone working for you that did not deliver on a deadline?   Answer Question
    None

Senior IT Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Applied for job stand alone through their careers website. Was contacted at first through email, followed by a standard HR phone interview. This was more informative for myself, and a few simple questions of what I am looking for. This was followed by a phone interview with the Director and manager of the open position. Some more information about the position, and began some quick technical talk on certain points in my resume.

A few days later I was contacted to come in for an on-site interview. The interview itself was again very casual and was split into 3 separate portions each with one person. No loops or case questions, and each person did a very good job of selling to me which is always refreshing.

Interview Questions
    • No case questions, not even the standard lines of 'greatest strengths', etc. I was questioned on certain technical points on my resume, but only to the extent of walk me through your experiences with x, y, and z.   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

My resume was given through an employee it took about two week till the interview. The interview was about experience at former employer. Constantly stressing my background and other details of the audit process at my current firm.

Didn't negotiate

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Met a partner at University event and he sent my resume to recruiter. I had a phone interview and then did not hear back. Was contacted a few weeks later by a senior recruiter and set up interview with Consulting team. Met with partner in consulting as well as a director.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, typical interview. Very nice & felt like more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Only went through one interview - they seemed to take candidates who did not do as well in school as the Big 4 liked, which was beneficial. Just because someone is book smart does not mean that they can do their job well.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unusual or difficult questions - typical interview questions only.   Answer Question

Learning Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I began with a phone interview. Very straightforward - was asked about my experience, why I wanted to leave my current job, and was asked a few situational/behavioral questions ("What is your least favorite thing about your current job?" "What is your favorite thing about your current job?" "What role have you filled in a team you've been on?", "tell me about a time you worked on a project without direct supervision," etc.)

Heard back the next week and scheduled an in-person interview for later that week. Was not told approximately how long the interview would be, which I would have appreciated, as the interview was in the middle of the work-day, and it ended up being 2 hours long (factor in travel, and that's 3 hours of my work day). I first met with a manager via video conference, followed by an in-person interview with a director, followed by coffee with two members of the team.
    My interviews were very relaxed and conversational. The manager chose not to ask me scripted questions, but rather talked a lot about herself, the team, and the department, and allowed me open-ended time to discuss my work experience and skills in light of what she had shared. My interview with the director was identical, if not even less focused towards my experience and skills; she told me they were confident I was qualified for the position, but that they were primarily concerned about finding the right "team fit." Coffee with the two team members afterwards, which was not supposed to be an interview but rather an "off-the-record" time for me to ask questions, actually felt most like an interview out of the whole process.
    I was told I would be contacted early the next week, but was not contacted until the week after that.

All in all, the process was very relaxed, and I appreciated getting to know about the members of the team, but I also felt it was lacking in substance. For being told that they were looking for best team fit, I would have liked the opportunity to discuss how I function on a team and what I've offered to a team, and I expected that they would have contacted my references. They did none of these things. In fact, they spent a substantial amount of time talking about themselves. The team members I went to coffee with asked me more questions than I was asked in the interview, which seemed a bit flip-flopped. All of this left me feeling a bit frustrated and like my time was not respected.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview questions were all very easy; I was not really asked any questions in the in-person interview   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Campus Recuiter, gave them my resume. Applied through school career center and their website. Had an on campus interview, then interview in their office. Did not hear back for weeks so knew it wasn't the right position for me.

Interview Questions
    • How many bullets would you fit in this room?   View Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

First round interviews, got to chat with one of the current employees while waiting. First interview was a lot about what I was looking for. could tell interviewer was tired after interviewing all day.
    Second round.. one presentation about the company, then a brief office tour, and then three interviews with different level staffs. Mostly about why McGladrey, why audit, groupwork, my knowledge about McGladrey's auditing practice, etc. Lunch after for over an hour.