McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated 18 Sep 2014
Updated 18 Sep 2014

2.6

Human Resources Interview

It was a normal interview process

Interview Questions
    • Not really a difficult question, it was really what skills I had to date   Answer Question

Consulting Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 months - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Started with a phone interview. I acutally received an offer directly after the single, phone-based interview. I turned it down as I wanted to meet/speak with other people in the organization who I would be working with and so that I had time to conduct my own due dilligence activities. Over the course of another 6-weeks during which I spoke with a number of other people both directly and by phone, I was told that I had the position but that a starting point would be contingent upon available work closing. The process became a back and forth conversation for the subsequent 6 months until another formal offer was made and we negotiated an agreement.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that I found to be particularly difficult nor unexpected.   Answer Question
    Fairly short with me turning down the 2nd offer and then negotiating to a mutually agreeable solution.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blue Bell, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2013.

I interviewed with two different people. The first being someone who was high up in auditing (I'm not sure if he was a partner or not), and the second being someone in HR. The entire process took about 30-40 minutes. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I applied online and then I called a few days later to ask if they were hiring, and I got an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of culture do you want to work for
      Describe a difficult situation you had in the past and how you worked through it.
      (Questions were not very difficult)
        View Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

First interaction was at a career fair, applied for the job and was called for an interview. One on one interview got an email for an office interview within 5 days. Office interview consisted of 2 interviews and a lunch. Received offer 9 days later.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions a reasonably prepared person would find difficult, interviews were simple and more conversational.   Answer Question
    I negotiated nothing I liked the offer and the company. It was a phone call then an acceptance via email.

Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2013.

Applied via Online and was contacted within a week. I spoke with HR and at first everything uneasy - but I assumed HR had an off day. HR set up an in-person office interview w/ two partners and a director. Note that HR provides the interviewer's names - so prepare interview questions to ask them. Ie, I saw that you worked here for X years, (insert question).

Office Interview: Interviewers asked some questions regarding my work experience - however were more concerned about your personality (which is true for most Public accounting firms). My tip is be yourself and be able to recite your resume details (with real-life examples) without looking at it.

Overall prepare by (1) reviewing your resume (2) research recent/major news about McGladrey (3) practice STAR questions (4) prepare questions to ask interviewer

Interview Questions
    • As noted above, interviewers will ask you to walk through resume and give examples of your listed duties.   View Answer

They took over two weeks to extend an offer (obliviously I was on their waitlist since I knew the person they offered first). However, I received an offer from a Big 4 firm during the wait period. So some other poor soul waited even longer to receive their offer. One thing that annoyed me was that the HR was irritated and felt 'betrayed' that I had accepted an other firm's offer.

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2013.

Applied online through website,, contacted a former classmate who was a supervisor and he gave a good recommendation. Did phone interview and went in for a face to face with 2 partners. No real hard questions, offered the job almost immediately.

I countered the first offer and they increased it.

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I went through the campus recruiting process- career fair, on campus interview, and then office visit. Everything was pretty relaxed, yet you can tell you're being evaluated based on all of your behavior. Be yourself and it'll come naturally if you're the right fit for the firm, overall both you and the firm should feel comfortable as it is a mutual relationship.

Audit Associate Interview

I was surprised at how relaxed and conversational the first interview went. The employees were all extremely informative and excited to tell you about their experience at McGladrey. Most of the interview we discussed my abroad experience and some past work at my internship.

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I was able to skip the first round interviews because I was part of their Summer Leadership Program. First-round interviews are usually held on campus. Second round interviews were held in-office. We were first given a presentation on the different opportunities McGladrey has to offer and an office tour. Then three different people interviewed me, who were managers or directors. They really tried to make it a relaxed environment.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly there were no unexpected questions, but the one I had most difficulty with was asking about a teamwork conflict from my work experience (most of my internships were individual work).   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

The entire process was very painless. It started with a short on-campus interview. I was then invited into the office for a half day experience early the next week. The in office experience consisted of two interviews, an office tour, an informational session, and lunch with several employees. Everybody was great to deal with. The interviews were very laid back and mostly conversational. I received an offer a few hours after I left the office.

Interview Questions
    • None. The interviews were mostly conversational. There were a few behavioral based questions, but nothing unusual. Be sure you can talk about yourself and have questions about the company.   Answer Question