McGladrey LLP

172 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consulting Summer Intern Interview

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2012.

Interview Details First there was a phone interview with a local recruiter who gave me a description of the company, a description of the position, and a little information about what was on my resume. Next I was called into the Charlotte office. I had a 45 min interview with one supervisor who asked me questions about my resume, why I wanted to intern at McGladrey, advantages of not working at a big 4 firm, etc. The 2nd interview was also with another supervisor who asked similar questions but also had me explain how what I learned in school would help me as a consulting intern. It was also 45 min.

Interview Question – Explain how what you have learned in your classes would apply as a consulting intern   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2013.

Interview Details Was introduced to company through job fair. Had one phone interview which was simple and easy and 2 part face-to-face interview. The interviewers were very kind and I was relaxed throughout the process.

Interview Question – Only had 3.3 overall GPA and they asked me why they should take me as an intern rather than someone with a higher GPA.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in April 2013.

Interview Details Email from recruiter to set up and confirm phone interview. She called me 15 minutes late, which cost half of the time she had allotted. She was clearly going down a list of pre-arranged questions, with no interest in my answers. Her response to everything I said was "good." She asked me the same question twice in a five minute span, evidently forgetting she had already asked me the question.

Interview Question – None really, all pretty standard. The question she asked me twice was "what accomplishment was I the most proud of"   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Davis, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview as first round

Interview Question – What makes you suitable for the job of an auditor?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details campus interviews and then an in-house interview

Interview Question – just asked about myself   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details Met with multiple employees during the process and all were friendly and down to earth. It was more of a get to know you to make sure you fit with the company type interview.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers asked the "Tell me about yourself" questions, which I think is a difficult question for a lot of people.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Consulting Associate

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details Met with a recruiter. Then brought in to meet with several directors and a partner

Interview Question – What do you want to do with your CPA   View Answer

Winter Tax Intern Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2013.

Interview Details Basic college recruit. Applied through campus career center. Meet some partners and recruiters at the career fair. Selected for on-campus interview. 1on1 interview with tax partner. Awesome guy, nice conversations. Basic questions, just to get to know you and you're interests in the firm and accounting. Nothing technical. I think there were a few questions on teaming, but those came up naturally in the convo. Invited to the office visit and notified the day following. The office visit was the following week. Meet with two partners for 45 minutes each. Very down to earth people and they just asked about your experiences and why you would want the internship and work in public accounting. I got the offer the monday after following the friday interview.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected. In my opinion, the good firms these days just want to get to know you.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Went with a Big 4 firm I felt more comfortable with. Basically, the only reason was because the McGladrey office was more boring and bleak (furniture and layout wise) compared to the big 4 I am going with. McGladrey is impressive anyhow.

Summer Leadership Interview

Interview Details Got through university recruiting. Interviewed on campus with the HR director. Interview was very conversational and relaxed. They basically just went over the things on my resume and had me expand on them with a lot of time at the end for questions I had. They said I should hear back in several weeks.

Interview Question – Very conversational, all behavioral.   Answer Question

Audit Manager NYC Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details The interivew process was very organized from the minute the recruiter contact me (she was very friendly and personable, and knew the culture of McGladrey). to the offer extended and the hiring process. Everyone was very professional and very interested in me as a person. I knew from the minute i walked in the door I was not going to be another #.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it was a good offer did not negotiate anything.

Interviews for Top Jobs at McGladrey LLP