McGladrey LLP

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Duluth, MN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details There was a preliminary interview and if you did well you would move on to a second stream of interviews. I had three interviews with two partners and a manager over the course of four hours. It's exhausting, but the key is to be open and honest as well as comfortable meeting new people and being under pressure. The questions were more personal than work related in some cases.

Interview Question – They will ask you about your extra-curricular involvement and will point out any flaws they see on your transcript, so be ready to answer andy school related questions.   Answer Question

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details Short 30 minute on campus interview with one person. A second-round office interview consisting of two 45 minute interviews. Questions general and covering the resume and school. One or two behavioral but nothing unexpected.

Interview Question – Tell about a time you had a group project that had problems, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Tax Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details applied online on university career resource website, was invited for first round interview on campus. attended a meet and greet (drinks and hors d'oeuvres) at a local restaurant the evening before the interview, interviewed with a partner the following day, very conversational, heard back from the recruiter 1-2 weeks later and was invited for a second round interview in the office, again very conversational met with a partner and a specialist in the office and attended a dinner while in town

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for McGladrey?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details I went through the campus recruiting process- career fair, on campus interview, and then office visit. Everything was pretty relaxed, yet you can tell you're being evaluated based on all of your behavior. Be yourself and it'll come naturally if you're the right fit for the firm, overall both you and the firm should feel comfortable as it is a mutual relationship.

Interview Question – Why tax?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Schaumburg, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied through campus recruiter. One on campus interview along with second round office visit. Very relaxed environment. Conversational interview, no tough questions.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in McGladrey?   Answer Question

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details Had an on-campus interview. Interviewer was nice, only asked me a few questions. The interview consisted of me asking most of the questions.

Interview Question – Why this line of service?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes to an office visit.

Champaign, IL (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2012.

Interview Details The recruiter started off by asking me what question I have for him, which was quite different from other interviews. He basically went over a few behavioral questions on the list and talked a lot on how the internship would be different from the one in Chicago because of the different clients they were exposed to. Overall the interview was easy.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for McGladrey?   Answer Question

Davenport, IA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2012.

Interview Details I had an on campus interview with an HR woman. She was nice but all she did was go through a list of questions. I left thinking I was not going to get a second interview, but about 5 days later I received a call asking me to come in for an office interview. I went and there were 13 of us. I had two interviews with a Tax Partner and a Tax Manager. Both interviews were not at all behavioral and just chit chatting, but make sure you get in your experiences and interest in McGladrey. After that it was a dinner with a lot of the tax employees. Make sure you speak to as many as you can.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Received an offer from Deloitte and chose to accept it.

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2010.

Interview Details If you make it to the office visit final interview make sure you let the interviewers know what you want the position. They will be very casual and it may be misleading. Make sure to stay professional and explain why you want the position. They will let you run the interview the way you want to so make sure to not get sidetracked. Three interviews with Partners, 30 mins each.

Interview Question – What did you learn at while working at ______?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2009.

Interview Details 3 People Interviewed right after one another.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!