McKesson

Getting the Interview

148 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McKesson in March 2014.

Interview Details I was screened by a recruiter who explained that she was just the first step and if I "passed" her screening then my resume would be forwarded to the local office for review. The interview included all of the typical questions. When the interview was finished, the recruiter replied, "Well, you obviously made it to the next round." But then shortly after she offered, "If you do not hear anything in the next week, just forget about the job."

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult however, the recruiter typed significantly more than I actually spoke, which made me conscious of not only what I was saying but my tone and speed of speaking. I could not guess what else she was typing, unless she was a bad typist and needed to go back to fix mistakes. It was intimidating to listen to her type long after I was done answering a question.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson in May 2013.

Interview Details Smooth, professional. Contract Recruiter, Company Recruiter, Hiring Manager, team interview then VP.

Summer Undergraduate Quality Assurance Internship Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in April 2014.

Interview Details I gave my resume through a Job Fair. A few weeks later, I was contacted by McKesson via email about scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview discussed details about the internship and consisted of your basic interview questions like "Did you ever worked in a group?; Did you have any conflicts with any of your group members and if so, how did you resolve them?; and Are you familiar with Agile?" I was emailed a few days later for an in-person interview. The interviewer was very friendly and asked questions like "Could you explain your resume including the projects you have done?; Tell me more about yourself; Are you able to learn on your own and work with a team?; If you had a disagreement with a co-worker over which solution to a problem is better, how would you resolve it?; and How do you accept rejection?"

Interview Question – What is your definition of a great leader? What vegetable would you be and why?   Answer Question

Patient Services Representative Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details Contacted for a telephone.

Interview Question – What can I do for McKesson?   Answer Question

Controls and Compliance Intern Interview

Carrollton, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied through my school's career center. Had an initial interview with the recruiter and then I was invited for a second interview with controls and compliance manager at their office.

Interview Question – Just the usual behavioral questions. "Tell us about a difficult decision you had to make, how did you go about it and what was the end result?"   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details Was long and drawn out. 3 phone interviews with HR, mainly verifying interest in the position and personal information. The last with HR being the typical HR "what would you do" questions. 4th call was with the hiring manager, allowing them to evaluate phone etiquette. Another call from HR to confirm a face-to-face interview with hiring manager. Job offer came a week later.

Interview Question – If you didn't know how to resolve a customer issue, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR only asked my minimum after the face-to-face interview. There was no negotiation offered.

Senior Administrative Assistant V Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details A recruiter had contacted me regarding this open position and gave me the interview schedule. I met with 3 managers which reported to the hiring Director. Each of the managers was pleasant and professional. After I interviewed with the managers I stayed to interview with the hiring manager. She was eager to hire, but wanted to make sure that it was someone who is smart enough and detailed enough to fill the position and provide support to all her demands without having to be told. I could tell this was an old company and you dressed and acted very corporate.

Interview Question – They asked questions regarding my experience, specifically my business and accounting background and what I was doing since I left my previous employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My recruiter negotiated for me. After being made an offer I told the hiring manager I had a few other interviews lined up and I had to honor my commitment to interview and consider their position. The made the manager want to hire me even more. She called me every day until I committed to working for her.

IT Architect Interview

IT Architect
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson in March 2013.

Interview Details Friendly initial phone HR interviews (2); Relevant technical questions; Staff interviewers make you feel comfortable; Hiring process takes a long time for FTE; Professional HR environment; Relaxed and amiable manager interviews; Predictable technical questions (easy).

Interview Question – Some of the technical staff/leads try to ask misleading or vague questions. Not too many difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at McKesson in November 2013.

Interview Details Comprehensive interview with manager

Interview Question – Questions may be difficult for others but not for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Terms were immediately satisfactory to all.

Very Easy Interview

Community Health Worker Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details Interview process via skype with Elena Popp and Jacque Waller

Interview Question – meeting them via skpye - long interview process .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary- We work from home.

Interviews for Top Jobs at McKesson

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McKesson interview questions and advice. All 148 interview reviews are posted anonymously by McKesson employees and interview candidates.