McKesson

Updated 13 Nov 2014
Updated 13 Nov 2014

2.7

Breast Pump Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at McKesson.

After working with a staffing agency, I had a 15 minute phone call with their recruiter and was scheduled for an interview the next week. Upon arriving, the front desk was empty and the doors to the office were locked. About ten minutes after the interview was scheduled to begin, someone finally came to the desk to let me in. The interview was quick and very standard.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really ask any difficult questions. They were looking for someone very organized and efficient.   Answer Question

Declined due to salary offered.

Call Center QA Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson.

Two interviews total — phone screening and an on-site interview. I received an email from a recruiter several days after applying for the position followed by a phone screening before the end of the week. An on-site interview was scheduled for the following week in a group panel interview setting with the Operations QA Supervisor and several members of the QA team. I do not recall specific questions but they were related to experiences as a QA Analyst with the final question being a 3-parter. Job offer was accepted and included a standard drug test and background check prior to being hired.

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at McKesson.

typical if in sales, want results and documentation, will interview with at least two managers, process is relatively easy and hiring can take anywhere from one month to two months.

Interview Questions
    • always the same question, why are you leaving your current company...   Answer Question
    minimal negotiation

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Contracted by McKesson Talent Advisor for phone interview. One week later contacted for face to face interview. Interview was behavior type panel interview. They asked questions that were relevant to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Basic scenario questions such as how you handle conflicts with co –workers   Answer Question

Operations Management Development Program - for Veteran Junior Officers Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McKesson.

Most JMO-Transitioning vets will likely get an invite. Then you'll get a phone screen with thier vet liaison, and after screen if you have interest and applicable skills you get in que for next phone interview. If that goes well then you get flown and accomodated for face-to-face interview(s) at thier headquarters.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McKesson.

There are three separate interviews with three different individuals within the team that you would be working in. All of the interviews are all very conversational and just getting to know each other to determine if it's a good fit. Overall all the interviewers are extremely friendly and accommodating. They are also very responsive.

A/R Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

I applied online and a week later received an email to set up a telephone interview with a recruiter. After the telephone interview, I received another email to set up an onsite interview with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • The telephone interview were basic questions related to the position. It was to see if you knew basic things.

The onsite interview was disappointing. The two managers I interviewed with were different than the ones I was told. Most interviews you receive a handshake but I did not. Only one person asked questions while the other just sat there reading my resume'. My resume' really isn't that long. They didn't smile much or seemed excited about the company which made me feel out of place.
        Answer Question

Enterprise Integration Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Very comprehensive interview covering all aspects of enterprise infrastructure in healthcare enterprises and the integration points between them. Also covered standard enterprise systems and models, including wireless and wired networking at both the local and wide area scale, Unix and Linux implementation models, server virtualization and consolidation concepts, and storage models. Also covered interaction with project managers and creation and maintenance of project plans.

Interview Questions
    • How do you standardize the IT fit of an enterprise with 45 locations across 4 timezones?   Answer Question
    Tough, as they really didn't understand the market for EAs. I stuck to my number and they finally came up to a level I was comfortable with accepting.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Received a call from one of their recruiters (looks part of the talent acquisition is outsourced) and
    after a few minutes of questions to get information about my background and experience, he said
    he would get pass that information on to the hiring manager and have him talk to me.

But after that a month has been passed but no word and absolutely no response even for my
    multiple inquiries.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very general about experience and background...nothing technical   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson in August 2014.

Interview process was pretty standard with company recruiter making plans. Consisted of a couple phone screens and interviews, then in person interviews. Company paid for travel to location for final in person interviews. Employees seemed to enjoy working for McKesson and positive about the direction of the organization. Had to turn down the offer due to low salary and minimal relocation.

Interview Questions

Salary was on the low end given the cost of living. I got the impression most employees at the location are not paid well considering McKesson is a top 15 company and the location is one of most expensive places in the US. Relocation was lump sum that would only cover basic movers but did not include the benefits you would expect from a major employer (home sale, realtor commission, closing costs, new home purchase, etc were not covered). Hard to pass a job in Hawaii but didn't want to be so poor I couldn't afford to enjoy it.