Merrill Lynch

Updated 2 Mar 2015

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

It was a phone interview by the administrative manager. She explained the basic job requirements for the position of account opening, find solutions for CAs and FAs, and they have constant training on the different systems. Also explained the office organization and the team that the position will be working closely with.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

I exchanged emails with VP and he decided to give me a phone interview. Interview was about 45 mi and was very casual. He was curious to see if I would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume and what valuation method do you use to analyze companies?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

The interview process was not that difficult they asked more about my past experience and my project work which i have done so far?
    They also asked about different ways of investing money in market and why is it important to do that?

Registered Client Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

I was referred by an employee and was scheduled for an interview before I had even put in an application online. I had three interviews in quick succession (branch manager, the department supervisor, and then the team you will be joining). After that you go through the background check, finger printing, etc. From start to offer letter the whole process took about a week.

The first interview is just a "get to know each other" thing. No tough questions, just a test of chemistry and a conversation to make sure you speak intelligently and will fit in with the work atmosphere. Second interview was a little more traditional, but still conversational. Third interview was very typical traditional "where do you want to be in 5 years" type of stuff.

BTW, I noticed on this site that when it comes to ML you are either hired immediately or you're SOL. If you're waiting more than two weeks to hear anything I'd move on.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you let a client down and how you handled the situation.   View Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Commodities Trading Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Applied in December, phone interview in January, final interview in Houston offices
    Final interview was four back to back interviews in Houston with team members for two hours. Received an offer thirty minutes later

Interview Questions
    • What is the square root of 1000?
      How many ridges does have a quarter have?
      How would you figure out the the price of lumber?
      Why trading of commodities

Answer Question

Debit Capital Market Summer Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Applied through college and interviewed on Campus. Two MD interviewed and really aggressive on my story and point out what is the direct direction about past experience and this intern opportunity.

Wealth Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

The interview was very short and straight to the point. I met with the two partners of the office and they asked me basic behavioral questions and spent a majority of the time telling me what the internship would be like. The partners were very family oriented and seemed as though they wanted an intern who was the same.

Trusts & Estates Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pennington, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Pennington, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in February 2015.

You have an initial phone screening with an interviewer that apparently is with "Bank of America Merrill Lynch." If that is successful you move on to the next phase.

You go in and sit down with two senior employees and discuss some of the jobs and some questions about the job. You then sit down with a senior manager who basically sits there and makes you do all the work. The second interview with the senior manager really is kind of awkward as her answers are very terse and she seems the exact opposite of the employees who sat down with you before.

Interview Questions
    • How have you been detail oriented in the past?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe when you used communication in a previous role?   Answer Question

Summer Insight Week Interview

On line application. Numerical reasoning test. They called me after 4 days to invite my the a first round interview. The interview was scheduled a week after. They changed the interview day once. Easy interview, personal and competency based questions. Walk me through your CV, tell me about a time you performed well under pressure, you work in a team... They called me after two days with an offer.

Wealth Management Interview

They contacted me for an office interview. I met with everyone on the team separately. It took them one week to get back to me with an offer. Had to wait until background check and fingerprinting went through to start working. It was a very standard interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Just behavioral questions like "What are your strengths and weaknesses?"   Answer Question