Merrill Lynch

Relevance Date Difficulty

Wealth Management Interview

Wealth Management
Walnut Creek, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2014.

Interview Details Efficient application and interview process. Interviewer has clear vision of what is wanted in intern and compounds questions to get holistic sense of interviewee's experience and skills; culture fit is also balanced into questions.

Interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview Details Take assessment test. Two tests, each one is around twenty eight questions. Passed both tests, then phone interview with recruiter. Still in process. Waiting for my next interview.

Interview Question – Why You want to do this   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Program Interview

PMD Financial Advisor Program

I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and my first step was being contacted to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, you have an interview with the director. Then you meet with 4 -5 different FAs and interview with each one. And lastly you meet with the director one more time at the end.

Interview Question – Name some of your greatest achievements with sales at your current job (I am a personal banker currently)   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details You have to go through numerous interviews including phone to a 3 person panel interview. All they are trying to do is to figure out how good your network is and if you will be able to be successful with your network. If not, they share there concerns and may try to have an existing FA sponsor you to help you along but that is solely based on whether or not the FA wants to sponsor you. Also, you must create a business plan that they approve for the markets you will target and how you will target them. The plan must have to potential to be worth 30 million dollars worth of assets.

Interview Question – if you go into a doctor's office and the secretary tells you that he is not in, but clearly he is, what would you do to get in touch with him or make contact with him?   Answer Question

PMD Financial Adviser Trainee Interview

PMD Financial Adviser Trainee

Interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview Details They start with a call then go into another phone interview in which they will ask you to pretty much write everything you say and email it back to them. Then you have a face to face

Interview Question – They want you to be able to generate 10 million AUM in your first year, no pressure right?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not want to work under a 10 million AUM or be fired stress conditions

Very Easy Interview

Wealth Management Interview

Wealth Management
New York, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2012.

Interview Details Very easy interview. Great on-boarding process. Everything was very streamlined. I applied online though my university campus recruitment. I first had a phone interview and then an office visit. Questions were typical, not hard, as it was just for an internship.

Interview Questions

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details took around 2 months, but I wasn't in a rush, took a practice fiat exam and had to pass a background check before actually being able to move past the first round. Currently awaiting the second round.

Interview Question – Really just can you bring in assets.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2014.

Interview Details Still in the interview process, its a five step process from taking a quiz to talking to the managers. They are very detailed and they are.looking for sales experience most especially and the ability to bring in high net worth clients, make sure you have that ability, they give you ample time to study and prepare for the licensing exams.

Interview Question – What sets you apart from the rest.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Beverly Hills, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in April 2012.

Interview Details What was one of your failures? How did you overcome? All very generic and easy. There is a behavioral and math test that you must take before you can exceed to an interview but you can take that at home. The interview and hiring process took two weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing. It was generic and simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate since I was paid on the highest paying scale for a PMD which is capped at $75,000 at Merrill Lynch

PMD Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

PMD Financial Advisor Trainee

Interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview Details Got referred from an employee from a different department. Initially I was given a standard test followed by a phone interview shortly after submitting application. Then I was told a Client Associate would be a better fit for me. The second step was a in person interview two weeks later with several financial advisors. Overall it was not stressful.

Interview Question – What was your favorite class, what was your least favorite. Typical behavioral questions- Why Merrill? Why Finance? Where do you see yourself in five years? Talk about Adversity?   Answer Question

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!