Merrill Lynch Interview Questions

Updated 27 Sep 2014
Updated 27 Sep 2014

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Three interviewers were in one room, asking one by one. They introduced themselves as associates and vice presidents. First start off by 'walk me through your resume' and then asking questions that are relevant to your resume. For example, 'why did you work at company A?' and 'how did you like it?'

Market Risk Interview

First round interview: Go through my resume especially for some of the projects I did.
    Then they asked me concept of VAR CVA and what are different methods to calculate VAR, what is their difference. Why American call option will not be early excercised? how about American put?
    Not very difficult, but i did not answer them well.

PMD Financial Adviser Trainee Interview

Very intensive interview and what's most important to success is you already have a book to bring in. Otherwise, they won't consider you as a good fit. It's a good chat with the managing director, considering they are super busy with their clients.

Interview Questions
    • what people you know that can be your potential clients?   Answer Question

Card Services Specialist Interview

The process was longer than it needed to be, they are 3 different interviewing meeting, and finally you are hired through a recruiter. The interview process is fairly easy, just be yourself.

Client Associate Interview

The hiring process took about 5 weeks as there were a lot of applicants, but it was a good experience. I interviewed with the Client Relationship Manager and a bunch of Financial Advisors. Everyone I met in the interview was pretty easy going and polite.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was behavioral. Nothing about markets or investing.   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Only interviewed with Complex Director and some of the Financial Advisors. I had three separate meetings over a 2 week period. The total interview process has changed. It was a much less complicated process and much more informal.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to develop a natural market in 3 years   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2014.

Take assessment test. Two tests, each one is around twenty eight questions. Passed both tests, then phone interview with recruiter. Still in process. Recruiter set me up with an interview in which I iwll meet the Senior Training Advisor and the Director

Assistant Vice President FSA Interview

you applied through online and recruiter will contact you if they are interested in you. After you set up phone interview, you will meet one and one interview with Hiring manager and do interview, such as introduce yourself, your resume and work experience.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

You need to have a college degree and well connected with others, so you can develop connections and get clients. We were hired from another firm and already had an established book of business to bring. So they wine and dinned us to move.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you very personal questions about your financial history   Answer Question

Senior Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2014.

Applied for the position took an assessment which included phone scenerios and you were to pick best answer, if you pass the recruiter then calls you for a phone interview, after that I interviewed with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!