Merrill Lynch

Updated 27 Jan 2015
Updated 27 Jan 2015

2.8

Summer Insight Week Interview

On line application. Numerical reasoning test. They called me after 4 days to invite my the a first round interview. The interview was scheduled a week after. They changed the interview day once. Easy interview, personal and competency based questions. Walk me through your CV, tell me about a time you performed well under pressure, you work in a team... They called me after two days with an offer.

Wealth Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

They contacted me for an office interview. I met with everyone on the team separately. It took them one week to get back to me with an offer. Had to wait until background check and fingerprinting went through to start working. It was a very standard interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Just behavioral questions like "What are your strengths and weaknesses?"   Answer Question

401k Specialist Interview

It was a phone interview that included the simple questions; tell me about yourself, why are you interested in this job. After you show interest in the job and are confident, then they invited you to an in person interview at their Jacksonville campus.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly simple, but they ask if you understand options. They will refer to a company option plan.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Summer Analyst Interview

On campus interview with two directors. Most are behavioral questions with focus on the resume. The only tech question is how would you invest with one million dollars. They look nice and smile all the time. Most of the interviewers are directors/ md. Be prepared to face two at the same time.

Wealth Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

The interview was pretty straightforward behavioral stuff. Talked with the senior FA for 30 mins about my resume, he asked me to walk him through it. Then he asked what i knew about merrill lynch and then we talked a for a bit about the markets. He said he'd contact me in a couple days and i got a call a couple days later with an offer.

Financial Planning Advisor Trainee Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2015.

I applied via a University career website and I received an email to take an exam. I was frustrated because they didn't conduct a phone interview, and unlike personality tests, this was a 2 hour exam and they went into this huge rant about not cheating and how you can use a calculator etc. I should also mention that I have my Masters and a few years experience in Financial Planning, so I'm not about to take an exam for a Trainee position, especially without a phone interview to discuss whether or not I really want the position. I left the exam in my inbox to expire.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions because they didn't start with a phone interview and I decided not to take the exam.   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Recruiter vetted me and made me take online tests after which landed me an in person interview in which they hired me on the spot. They want aggressive people who can cold call.

No negotiation

Intern Interview

I submitted my resume and received a phone interview promptly. There were two separate phone interviews which contrasted from each other. They lasted around 10 minutes each. Discussed the importance of cold calling and why you would be interested in Merrill Lynch.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in December 2014.

Had my first interview, going in for a second. Pretty standard questions, nothing that will throw you through a loop. A few questions were resume based. A few behavioral questions but overall pretty standard.

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Assessment centre:
    - Numerical test: very difficult, much more than typical online test
    - Group exercise: analyst investment opportunities for a fake bank; the exercise was followed by a presentation to the fake bank's board of directors.
    - 1:1 Presentation: Investment in either stocks/bond or sector
    - 3 1:1 interviews: both technical and competency based.