MetLife Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
257 interviews

2.7

Senior IT Auditor Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at MetLife.

The overall process was Very Good and professional. Right from start to finish, there was a complete co-ordination from HR, Logistics, and the Senior Management. The process was thorough from Phone call, one to one, group interview, scheduling and on-boarding process.

Was typical

Manager Business Systems Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MetLife in August 2014.

I applied directly on their website. I received an email from a recruiter in response to my application. An interview was scheduled by a recruiting coordinator. The process was very smooth. The associates I communicated with (recruiting and hiring managers) were very nice and forthcoming with what to expect during the interview process. Although I was not offered a job, I will apply with this company again in the future.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't run into any unexpected or difficult questions. I only made it to the 2nd interview. Perhaps the tricky questions would have come during the 3rd.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at MetLife in October 2010.

Very Easy. Ist round will be written followed by Typing test. 2nd round would be manager round where they asked about your previous exp.3rd round will be with HR for Negotiation

Interview Questions
    • Excel test was little hard but if you worked on it then easy to clear   Answer Question

Information Systems Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in July 2014.

Standard Phone Screen from HR followed by 45 minute phone interview with department supervisor. Then in-person interview with 3 people. Standard approach and questions. Each meeting was approximately 30-45 minutes long.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at MetLife in February 2014.

My interview process was ok but others had a disaster. Some of the managers are good interviewers and others not so good. Pretty standard questions.

The interview was average. The company spends a lot of time selling culture and they don't back it up. Don't believe it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too surprising. However, some of my friends were asked about different jobs in the interview, but they were told they were being considered for other jobs. It was weird.   View Answer
    They came in a little low but we worked it out. They don't have an employee stock purchase plan.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at MetLife.

Three interviews, not difficult, but it took a while to complete the three rounds. Advice will be to be prepared. Read about the company, read as much interview questions from online as possible, get answers ready.

It was in my range of expectations, so it was easy.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at MetLife in May 2012.

I was compared to many students from several colleges citywide. But it was a normal interview. No pressure. Only difference is that everything was out in the open. The salary, flexibility, expectations, etc. I suppose, since it was an interview for an internship they didn't hold back much like most interviewers would. It was very helpful. One other supervisor that I interviewed with flat out told me that I'll only do what she wants me to do. There was no room for flexibility or days off, etc. Harsh. But the others were very cordial and understanding.

Interview Questions
    • Its a pretty standard interview. Practice the usual interview questions, and you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    All internships are paid the same. Its a 6 month paid internship. There's no better way to complete your coursework.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  West Warwick, RI (US)
    Anonymous Employee in West Warwick, RI (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in May 2014.

I went through a temp agency for this position. I never really spoke with MetLife other than for my interview. I had never dealt with a temp agency in my life, so I am not sure if that is how it typically goes.
    Anyways, I had to talk to the recruited for a good 45 minutes on the phone. He took down lots of personal information, and set me up with an interview.
    When I arrived for my interview, I had to wait a long time. Probably the longest I've ever waited.
    I was then interviewed by two gentlemen at the same time. They asked some of the hardest questions I had ever been asked, some of which I think I could have done better on.
    I would say there were easily 20 long answer questions.
    They told me a bit about the position, and then I heard back from my recruiter a week later that I had the job.
    I wasn't planning on taking the job, because I would be leaving my current job without any notice.
    I didn't like that MetLife wanted the start date to be in a little over a week,
    However, they changed the date, and it gave me about 16 days.
    I put the two weeks in at my job, under the impression that everything was set.
    To only find out they had to call all my former employers still, I had to fill out and fax 27 pages to Florida!
    Then 4 days before I'm supposed to start, I get a call "Oh we can't verify one of your employers, we need a w2" Mind you I had recently moved and my house was upside down!
    After hunting and hunting I finally found the paper.
    I then asked "Will I be ready to start this Monday? (It's Thursday) They ignore my question in the e-mail and respond with something unrelated. (this is temp agency)
    So I call up and I say "Hi do you know if I will be all set to start Monday? I need to know where and who to report to,"
    They were very rude and told me they couldn't confirm a start date yet because they were still waiting for everyone to get their paper work in! ...Oh that's nice, three days till I start and you're telling me this now?
    So I am polite and just hang up the phone... But I start getting anxious, that I am going to be without a job come Monday!
    So I send one more e-mail saying "Hello I know you said you don't have a definite start date, but I am wondering if you have an idea? I may pick up some days at my current job because I can't be without pay."
    I basically got another rude response.
    So at that point I asked my current job if I could just continue working there for at least a week, and I was lucky enough that they said yes.
    Less than 3 hours later, I get another call telling me to report Monday morning, as previously scheduled.
    I was livid! I just signed up for hours at my job that has been loyal to me and the only reason I was leaving was I needed more pay. If I reported Monday I'd be leaving my current employer flat!
    I spoke with the manager at my current job told her a brief explanation and she offered to give me my position back as they hadn't found anyone to fill it.
    I was very happy about that, and glad I didn't have to work for a company that was so unorganized that they didn't have any idea about a start date that was happening in 3 days!
    I was mad that I had wasted so much time doing paper work, interviews, drug tests, competency tests... Getting forms notarized ect...
    I do honestly think a lot of the blame was on the Temp agency too though.
    I wrote them a letter on Saturday, telling them I wouldn't be coming in Monday because I had signed up for hours at my current job and couldn't leave them flat. I apologized and thanked them for all their help and consideration.
    I never got a response, only a call before they had read the e-mail asking me why I didn't show...

Interview Questions

They were highly unorganized, didn't respect the general "two week notice" courtesy, It was also a temp position, and talking with two previous employees, I found out the contracts are rarely renewed,

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at MetLife in January 2014.

A HR called and send email for a software developer position. Classic HR questions; information about yourself, why do you want to work at MetLife. How much you were making in your last job etc. Turns out some other outsourced HR calls you back from Infusion. This HR asks similar question just like first HR. Waste of time. HR asks pre-selected scripted question. The questions are not so difficult; however, It questions HR asking technical questions? It seam it does not matter developer skill and experience. It seems Infusion wants to hire their own friends or employees. This location has a very high off-shore [INDIA] component and also a very high attrition as they are in a massive hiring phase to meet the 1,200 employee quota to get their tax benefits from the state and Cary. So they fire first than hire. Hence, massive hiring, no investment in the person they are hiring. Finally, very very low salary for the area.

Don’t waste your time. Look somewhere else with better opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are not so difficult; however, It questions HR asking technical questions? It seam it does not matter developer skill and experience.   Answer Question

Out dated technologies, limited advancement, disorganized it structure.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and was contacted through email that they would like to set up a phone screening. Went through the phone screening and assessment and was scheduled for a 1:1 interview about a week later. The interview was filled with behavioral questions ie. tell about a time that you turned a bad situation into a good one. Interview only lasted about 15 minutes and I was told that I would receive information about the next steps in a few days. Two days later I received a call stating that they wanted to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time that you had to prepare for a stretch goal and what steps did you take to achieve it?   Answer Question
    The was no room for negotiation.

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!