MetLife Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014
Updated 16 Oct 2014

2.7

Financial Services Representative Interview

Came in as a referral. Initial interview and personality test. Follow up interview that I got Job. I have heard some have 3 interviews but I had the initial and then offer.

None

Investment Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

First you go through a phone call interview with the head recruiter. It was all fit based questions and they ask questions related to what you want to do. The superday was 3 one on one interviews. All fit questions to see if you are driven. Resume based questions for the phone call and superday.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Applied through University. Process took 2 weeks

Met with a manager who had been with Metlife for over a decade. Interview was pure behavioral questions, walk me through your resume, etc, as well as some canned questions (Do you consider yourself a team player, give me your greatest accomplishment, do you have sponsorship to work in the US, etc.)

Did extremely well, built rapport, got the interviewer smiling as well as saying "I agree with you" multiple times. Did not proceed to second round interviews, and emailed the manager asking for feedback.

I was told I hadn't progressed due to expressing interest in moving back to Texas after a decade or so- my interviewer told me Metlife doesn't like training employees only to see them eventually leave. This must also be why the Analyst position is four years instead of 2-3. If you get an interview, tell them you plan on staying in NYC-NJ for the rest of your life, and with Metlife.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to go buy-side instead of sell-side?   View Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Interviewed with the Sales Manager. Normal interview questions. Had an online financial test. background check. fingerprinted. Not a difficult interview. reviewed resume. why do you leave former employers? About one hour long.

No negotiation. Commission based job

Inside Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MetLife.

Phone interview by outside recruiter, appointment at the MetLife offices by sales supervisor, offer from the recruiter. Interview at offices was long, two hours, but did not include a tour of the facility as it was "confidential" and not available to tour. Long and in-depth background check, drug screening.

Interview Questions
    No wage negotiation, hard to reach commission levels due to increase in hiring nationwide. Pay attention to the work hours.

MTU Tech Associate Infrastructure/Network Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MetLife in October 2014.

Phone screening followed by an online assessment. Once you pass the online assessment you are considered for an in person interview. Online assessment consisted of three sections. Mathematics, matching, and values.

Interview Questions
    • Online assessment was timed. Some of the problems in mathematics section were challenging.   View Answer

Broker Interview

The interviewing process is not difficult. Being self motivated in this position is the key to being successful. They look for someone who can work on their own. Being friendly and a people person is so important. working in this industry it isn't just about selling products and making the numbers but it is about helping people, which is Metlife goal.

Account Manager III Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

I was not living in the area at the time that I applied for the position. Therefore, I had two phone interviews and a personal interview once I moved to the area four weeks later. The first phone interview as a simple interview verifying my resume and contact information. The second phone interview was shorter than I had expected. I was not asked very many questions, and felt the interviewer was not really paying attention to my answers. However, when I followed up once I moved into the area, a third personal interview was scheduled. I was very pleased with that interview, as the professionalism expressed by the interviewer was impressive. She explained the new program the company was moving towards, which I would be a part of. She asked several behavioral questions as well as time management and customer service questions (What would you do if..., Have you ever..., Give me an example...). The interview was very comfortable and I felt pretty confident when I left that I would be offered the position based on my experience and my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had a client requesting an issue to be corrected in a short period of time. What did you do?   View Answer
    I had another job offer with more pay. I countered by stating I preferred to go with MetLife if they could meet the other amount. Within two hours they accepted my counter.

Insurance Agent Interview

Simple interview, was seamless but they will not pay for your licensing. My interviewer made me feel comfortable until he asked me to take some computer exam to see if I was a fit (after he offered me the job). Found it strange and pointless.

Interview Questions

They keep to much of your commission in my opinion.

Sourcing/Procurement Specialist Interview

I was hired for a contract position through a third party recruiter. Interviewed over the phone and in person with the hiring Manager at MetLife. I worked through a company called MetaSys out of Atlanta. MetaSys performed all the pre screening and handled all HR and payroll.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were open and didn't have any trip you up types of questions   Answer Question