MetLife Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.7

Claims Adjuster (AIU) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Henderson, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in August 2014.

I was offered the above position with MetLife. I passed the background check except for my credit. I have been unemployed for eight months and no income. My bills have fallen behind during this time. The Due Diligence team emailed and asked if I was making payments/paid off the collections accounts. I immediately contacted the individual who was assigned to my case and she wasn't available. I explained my situation to another team member and she asked if I would reply to email explaining the situation (I did). She stated she would speak with the person who was on my case. At a later date (one week) I followed up with the team again reaching out to the assigned individual of my case and once again I was told she wasn't available and my case was under review. A third time I called to make sure if I needed to provide any other supporting documentation and I was told the individual was not available and that I would be receiving a call soon. On September 4, 2014 prior to a start date of September 8, 2014, I received a call from Dawn Miller stating MetLife was rescinding on the job offer letter because my credit was not good. I was asked why now after being offered this position August 6, 2014. I explained once again my situation and I was told my case had been under review and that management and Due Diligence had made this decision not to move forward. I explained that I was qualified for the position and have a degree, but because of my credit I'm denied employment! Total discrimination! I was lastly told I was welcome to apply for other positions in the company that did not require good credit, although I wasn't being considered for anything else. On Monday, September 8, 2014 I received a signature required envelope from MetLife that spoke about rescinded offer.

Interview Questions
    • I experienced no difficult questioning. The first interview went well and during this time it was discussed about credit check. I was told it was not a big deal. If bills are in collections it would be asked for one to take care of them. I didn't think anymore about a credit check. It was obvious that my credit wasn't looked at prior to unemployment.   Answer Question
    Don't believe an employer about credit checks unless they are truly interested on who you are and what you will bring to the company. The pay was starting comfortably.

Account Manager III Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MetLife.

I was not living in the area at the time that I applied for the position. Therefore, I had two phone interviews and a personal interview once I moved to the area four weeks later. The first phone interview as a simple interview verifying my resume and contact information. The second phone interview was shorter than I had expected. I was not asked very many questions, and felt the interviewer was not really paying attention to my answers. However, when I followed up once I moved into the area, a third personal interview was scheduled. I was very pleased with that interview, as the professionalism expressed by the interviewer was impressive. She explained the new program the company was moving towards, which I would be a part of. She asked several behavioral questions as well as time management and customer service questions (What would you do if..., Have you ever..., Give me an example...). The interview was very comfortable and I felt pretty confident when I left that I would be offered the position based on my experience and my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had a client requesting an issue to be corrected in a short period of time. What did you do?   View Answer
    I had another job offer with more pay. I countered by stating I preferred to go with MetLife if they could meet the other amount. Within two hours they accepted my counter.

Insurance Agent Interview

Simple interview, was seamless but they will not pay for your licensing. My interviewer made me feel comfortable until he asked me to take some computer exam to see if I was a fit (after he offered me the job). Found it strange and pointless.

Interview Questions

They keep to much of your commission in my opinion.

Sourcing/Procurement Specialist Interview

I was hired for a contract position through a third party recruiter. Interviewed over the phone and in person with the hiring Manager at MetLife. I worked through a company called MetaSys out of Atlanta. MetaSys performed all the pre screening and handled all HR and payroll.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were open and didn't have any trip you up types of questions   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Had two pleasant interviews. Position was project manager for a software migration. First interview was on the telephone from another project manager about my technical project management skills with the tools they were using at the time. I already had prior experience with the tools, so I didn't have any problems during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was my process of hiring new candidates.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at MetLife in January 2013.

In person, asked about sales techniques and problem solving scenarios. One of the questions was: Describe a situation where somehow you formulated a quote for a customer and when reviewing it you found mistakes or inaccuracies. How did you go about fixing the mistakes and ultimately were you able to meet the customers needs. Was the customer retained after the renewal period?

Interview Questions
    • In the past how have you rectified your worst faults regarding work?   Answer Question

Senior IT Auditor Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at MetLife.

The overall process was Very Good and professional. Right from start to finish, there was a complete co-ordination from HR, Logistics, and the Senior Management. The process was thorough from Phone call, one to one, group interview, scheduling and on-boarding process.

Was typical

Manager Business Systems Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MetLife in August 2014.

I applied directly on their website. I received an email from a recruiter in response to my application. An interview was scheduled by a recruiting coordinator. The process was very smooth. The associates I communicated with (recruiting and hiring managers) were very nice and forthcoming with what to expect during the interview process. Although I was not offered a job, I will apply with this company again in the future.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't run into any unexpected or difficult questions. I only made it to the 2nd interview. Perhaps the tricky questions would have come during the 3rd.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at MetLife in October 2010.

Very Easy. Ist round will be written followed by Typing test. 2nd round would be manager round where they asked about your previous exp.3rd round will be with HR for Negotiation

Interview Questions
    • Excel test was little hard but if you worked on it then easy to clear   Answer Question

Information Systems Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in July 2014.

Standard Phone Screen from HR followed by 45 minute phone interview with department supervisor. Then in-person interview with 3 people. Standard approach and questions. Each meeting was approximately 30-45 minutes long.

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!