Michaels Stores Floral Designer Interview Questions

Updated 17 Jun 2014

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Floral Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocoee, FL (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocoee, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2014.

Manager contacted me by phone months after I had applied. I told him I was only interested in full time. He said even though it was part time he could pay me more than where I am currently working (a competitor). I decided I would go ahead and set up an interview. Rushed over after finishing my shift and got there early. Took the toll road so I could make it on time. Manager was more than an hour late. He was out running errands. The only reason I stayed was because I had already come all the way across town and didn't want to reschedule. After telling me how important the position is and how it's a money maker for the store he told me again he could pay me more than what I was making. I'm paid right now 10.00/hr. He offered me 10.85. What a joke! I told him the minimum I would accept was 12.00/hr. That's what the florist who taught me was paid back in 1998 when I worked at another craft store.

Interview Questions
  • He asked me how many arrangements I could make in a day.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Floral Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores in November 2011.

extended questions on floral processes and knowledge tests, including customer presentation for weddings, funeral work and special occasions. Online Application mandatory for all positions within company , including aptitude test. Once this is passed, in person interviews can happen. My prior work experience in floral design and sales management helped me get the initial interview. I would still recommend to make a person to person introduction at the store you want to apply for a position.

Interview Questions
    • describe your worst experience with a customer and how did you resolve the situation?   View Answer
    depending for what type of position you are applying, previous experience in your chosen field is a definite plus and will have an impact on compensation.
    I found Michaels to be very accommodating in regard to my life circumstances as well as monetary compensation .

Floral Designer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2010.

they will ask for experience and how quickly you can produce pieces

Interview Questions
    • would you turn in an associate if you knew they were doing something wrong   Answer Question