Microsoft Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated 21 May 2015

3.5

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It took a total of 1 month between first call and hiring date. They are very quick and buttoned up. Starts with recruiter call, then hiring manager call and then called in for in-person interviews. It is a full-day experience where all of the other candidates are there are as well. It is a little scary/competitive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, but very generous offer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The screening process was seamless. I had a few different calls to talk about my experience and the HR team in Washington then planned for me to come into the Cambridge office.

On the day of the interview I was placed into a room sandwiched between other candidates. I assume we were placed this way for the ease of the interviewers to bounce from room to room, but the day was a little chaotic not knowing who would be in next (you receive an itinerary beforehand - but be prepared to speak to more people than you anticipate with the provided schedule). Be prepared to speak to your experience - like, from beginning to end. "Tell me about your work history and experience."

The HR team is very quick to respond and provides an update even if you did not get an offer. I followed up for any constructive criticism to take away from the experience and it seems that they were looking for someone with more sales experience than account management.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you overcame a difficult obstacle/how was it handled?
      Tell us about your work experience.
      Why Microsoft?

Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Multiple 30 minute interview with various managers including short list for mock customer call. There were multiple candidates in offices next to each other. Most time slots were not on schedule and very unorganized.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2014.

Interview

3 interviews, 2 rounds...hiring manager, future teamate, and head of business. Depending on the role, there can be more rounds...sometimes up to 7. I think I was lucky. Basically demonstrate an interest in the team, business, direction, and company specifically.

Interview Questions

• What are three adjectives to describe yourself?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

Initial screening interview with HR rep was done via phone. After successful completion of that interview, the in-person Interviews were scheduled. They were completed in one day, and consisted of being interviewed separately by 5 other managers in succession. Those managers then shared their hire/no hire opinions with each other via email. After successfully completing that stage, I was then interviewed by the hiring manager later in the day.

Interview Questions

• There were no real unexpected questions. The interviews were professional, pertinent to the job and detailed. The best question was, "what part of your career are you most proud of, and why?"   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Great experience, spoke to 4 different people who asked me various behavioral questions. lots of good questions and engagement, really smart people!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very pleasant...

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Microsoft in September 2013.

Interview

From my initial contact from the lazy recruiter who read from a script I should have known there was a problem. The recruiter called me one time and then from there I was shuttled to a "recruiting coordinator" who managed the rest of the process. There was never a sense of excitement about my candidacy or the job. The only person who treated me with any dignity was someone who was in the "peer" interviewing role. Everyone from there up proceeded to be difficult to engage with and read. I found myself trying to fill in the silences during the interviews with small talk and that was a big mistake! They are looking for robots, not people!

Interview Questions

• There was no true "difficult" question, just a lot of uncomfortable silences. Don't try and connect on a personal level, it does NOT work!   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

online job posting, submit resume, contacted for phone interview by the segment lead, group interview, 1 on 1 interview with the segment lead. Very detailed question about the industry knowledge and as well as the market knowledge and need to provide rough analysis of how the current economy will be impacting their revenue.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Milan (Italy)) in June 2013.

Interview

I've been contacted by the Hr department for an interview for an account manager position after my graduation. Questions have been very easy, most regarding my educational background and my incoming future.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if your boss is not performing as you require?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I applied online had an initial phone interview then was flown to one of their offices. The whole process was very casual with few questions even behavioral ones. At the office I had 4 45 minute interviews with regional vice presidents. It was really more like having a conversation they brought you in a room with one of the VPs and you just sort of talked about the company and the products. Make sure you know their new sales strategy. Basically they want to get people to take the products they have at work and bring that same interface home.