Microsoft

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Product Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details I did an interview with Microsoft through recruiting at my university. I was offered a first interview based off of my cover letter and resume. The interview was about 30 minutes, quite relaxed. I suggest not wearing a suit, my interviewer commented on the fact that he liked that I didn't wear one (business casual instead).

Interview Question – How many diapers does America go through in one month (market sizing question)? If I was an Eskimo, how would you sell me ice cream?   View Answer

Associate Product Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2012.

Interview Details The interview consisted of an on campus interview that was behavioral and very conversational

Interview Question – Name a product that you think is marketed poorly   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2010.

Interview Details The first round was held at our univeristy's career center and was a very short 30min 1:1 interview. Very casual, we talked about our backgrounds and then the interviewer proceeded to ask me a couple questions. 1) why microsoft and 2) favorite microsoft product + how would you improve this product (hint: they are looking for the marketing mix in your response)

2nd round was in seattle. I was in the hotel for 2 nights but only one day of interviews. Interviewed with three separate people for 1:1 interviews. We also had a group dinner which was very informal, and some of the interviewers were there (only 1 of my 3 showed up). THe interviews themselves all followed the same format - very behavioral based. Informal and the interviewers were very nice and caring. I had a great impression of Microsoft, their offices, people, and the way they treat their employees.

Interview Questions

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!