Microsoft

3.1

184 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in May 2014.

Had 4 interviews. The first interview was about testing, the second interview was about coding two algorithms, the third interview was about testing a specific function and then implementing that function. The interviewers were very nice and helpful. They were very approachable and gave good hints in order to solve the problem.

Interview Questions
  • Given an integer number, implement the toString() function of that number.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Dropped off my resume at their desk when they stopped my university, received an email a couple of days afterwards to have an interview when they come back to my school two weeks later. The process was nice, actually. My interviewer was very professional, not awkward at all, and was very easy to have a conversation with.

Interview Questions
    • Reverse a string in place. Not the simple string reverse() STL function, but turn the string "My dog jumps over the fence" into "Fence the over jumps dog my".   View Answers (3)

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

From the time I gave my resume to when I got my offer, it took about 2 months.

1) Microsoft was at my school lobby and I dropped off my resume.
    2) About 3-4 weeks later I was invited to a 30-min interview on my University's campus. The interview was easy. First part was to describe a hard project or bug I worked on, and the second part was to code on the white board. Coding question was: Given a string and two chars, find the minimum distance between those two characters in the string.
    3) Since I had another offer which had a near deadline, Microsoft got back to me quickly within a week. I was invited to their Redmond campus for 3 45-min interviews. I did badly in the first question and didn't get to finish my code, did great on the second, and average on the third.

The entire interview process went smoothly and traveling to Redmond was great since everything was paid for and organized really well. I got my interview results in an email when I got back to my hotel after the interview day.

Interview Questions
    • Given a binary tree, where each node has a third reference which is not yet initialized, go through the tree and point the third reference to the rightmost tree node on the same level. If there are no other nodes to its right, point it to null.   View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Offered a phone interview through university. Interviewer was nice, asked a lot of questions about my personal projects. Asked 3 unusual/unexpected questions: "How would you explain recursion to a child?", "How would you test a vending machine?" and "If you have 9 marbles and one of them is heavier than the rest, how do you find the heaviest one using a scale only twice?"

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

I was noticed for an interview one week after the career fair where I gave them my resume. The interview was held in campus and lasted for 40 min. The interviewer was an engineer, and he asked some experiences described in my resume, which took about 20 min. After that, I was given two coding questions, one was how to delete a LinkedList node, given the access to the node. The second one was to reverse a string without using additional strings.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about how to retrieve memory used in the program.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Met with a recruiter during an on campus career day and dropped off my resume. Got contacted about a week later for an on-campus interview. The interview was a short, about ~45 minutes with the first 20 minutes going over my resume, experiences, and other behavioral questions. The last part was a single technical question and going over my solution. The question will be very very easy if you know your stuff or just read CTCI. After that interview I got flown out to Seattle and interviewed at the Bellevue Bing Office. It was a entire day of interviews, I had 4 including a lunch interview. Two interviews were very similar to the first, but with harder technical questions. Two interviews were purely behavioral. Heard back about a week and a half later (mine was quicker than what others may have experienced since I had other offers on the table already).

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Got selected for an interview with Microsoft through a career fair in college. The interview was held in my college's campus and it lasted for 30 mins. It was A technical round. No behavioral questions asked. I was asked about my previous job experience only. No other behavioral questions asked. The interviewer was pretty cool and was helpful. While solving the problem, when I was stuck, the interviewer gave me certain hints and clues to get to the solution. It was more like a discussion.

Interview Questions
    • For a given anagram find the longest palindrome in it.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Contacted after I sent in a resume. Process was very quick (just couple days). Interview occurred about a week after initial email to set up the interview. At conclusion of our interview, they said a more technical interview should follow.

Interview Questions
    • Largest project I've worked on, designing tech for children, and my process to solve a problem   View Answer

Intern Interview

Two interviews phone calls talking writing discussing modelling imagining negotiating postulating samll talk big ideas development tour waiting getting called phone back taught listened spoke no writing no typing no lying no shouting sitting down

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

I applied though the campus recruiter and did the interview. The interview was cut about 15 minutes because he was running late. Never heard back from him. In the beginning he asked me about my projects from my resume and why I did what I did for like 5 minutes then he cut me short to do a tech question.

Interview Questions
    • Please implement an inquery and and outquery using an array using fifo.   Answer Question