Microsoft

Updated 22 Jan 2015

3.1

206 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Application was straight forward with a cover letter, resume and other common questions. This was then followed up by an online interview where you had to answer some questions, mostly standard ones like name your best qualities etc. After that it was an assessment centre involving two presentations and one final interview with one of the managers. As a note they included both in the same day.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time where you had to change something unexpectedly about a project and tell me about that experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in May 2014.

Had 4 interviews. The first interview was about testing, the second interview was about coding two algorithms, the third interview was about testing a specific function and then implementing that function. The interviewers were very nice and helpful. They were very approachable and gave good hints in order to solve the problem.

Interview Questions
    • Given an integer number, implement the toString() function of that number.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Referred by a friend. Then received an phone interview invitation from an engineer. The interview was fine. Coding problems like two-sum, possible paths from top-left corner to bottom-right corner, etc. Some basic machine learning questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft.

There was a programming round and two programming questions were there. Then technical and hr round.In techical round the person asked a programming question and everything in resume.He asked some questions in java (very basics) and then asked about new technologies.

Intern Interview

I gave my resume to recruiters at a career fair and received an email a couple weeks later for an in person interview. They asked me a couple questions based on my resume as well as a few design questions. I thought the interview went well. However, I did not advance in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an alarm clock for a blind person?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Applied at my university career fair. Got an on campus interview call in a week. The interviewer asked 2 technical coding questions and was not concerned with the syntax of the code. Focus more on logic and efficiency.

Interview Questions
    • Gave me a solution to a question and asked if its possible .
      Solution was is it possible to find if two strings anagrams by doing xor operation between them ?

View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Microsoft.

Received an offered to my linkedin account. Organization of the phone interview was good. They called in time that I mentioned as the most convenient for me. The interview itself wasn't good. I've been interviewed by not experienced interviewer. He was asking questions like reading them from the paper and randomly, without taking into account my remarks about my strong sides and the things i don't know. Many questions related to concurrency and multithreading. In general everything related to Core Java. One question for logic: you have 9 the same balls, and only one slightly heavier, and scales that you can use only twice. Find the ball, which is slightly heavier. It was easy.
    Questions about the CV. What challenges did i have previously and how did i resolve it and something similar.

Since I haven't received any response for more than 2 months after the interview, it's obvious that i'm not accepted. Well, i think it's not professional, bcs candidates might wait for any answer, even without explanation in order to deal with other offers.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

They got my CV thru a friends.

I was summoned for 2 techincal interviews, standart questions, but apart from the techinal questions ALOT of theory questions, OOP oriented mostly but not just.

Shown a code and asked to print the output, etc...

By the time they asked me to come to interview #3 i already had an offer from a diffrent company which i accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Given a Tree with N nodes design an algorithem which prints the nodes from the top level to the bottom, going from left to right then right to left, limited by O(n) on both runtime and memory usage.   View Answer

Already had a diffrent better offer.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

Over phone interview, all behavioral questions. One logic puzzle.The interview lasted app 30 minutes. The guy seemed impatient because I was the last one of the day. It went well, I asked him some questions to show interest about women in the company. His answer was kind of made up. Made up some stats on Google, which are not correct.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

I gave Microsoft recruiters my resume at the job fair and they contacted me that night inviting me to a dinner with them and other potential employees a few days later. About a week after the job fair I got an email inviting me to an on campus interview. The interview said I would hear back from them in a month (regardless of the result). About three weeks later I got an email telling me I had passed to final round interviews the following month. I went to the Boston office and had 4-45 minute interviews over the course of a morning. They were all very nice and made sure to give time between interviews to recuperate. The coulture at Microsoft seemed great, especially with the changes being made by the new CEO. They are more receptive to open source and non-windows solutions.

No negotiations.