Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Application was straight forward with a cover letter, resume and other common questions. This was then followed up by an online interview where you had to answer some questions, mostly standard ones like name your best qualities etc. After that it was an assessment centre involving two presentations and one final interview with one of the managers. As a note they included both in the same day.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to change something unexpectedly about a project and tell me about that experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Sydney) in May 2014.

Interview

Had 4 interviews. The first interview was about testing, the second interview was about coding two algorithms, the third interview was about testing a specific function and then implementing that function. The interviewers were very nice and helpful. They were very approachable and gave good hints in order to solve the problem.

Interview Questions

• Given an integer number, implement the toString() function of that number.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a great experience, the interviewer was really nice. Being the first interview I have had in a while, I was tripped up with the question. But, the interviewer gave timely hints and the process moved along smoothly and nicely! I would interview with Microsoft again!

Interview Questions

• Sorting Question? I don't quite remember. But it was very similar to merge sort.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The Interview process consisted of 2 rounds. The first round was the technical round. It lasted for around one and a half hours. The second round was the HR round. It lasted for about 30 mins, and was much more relaxed. I was asked 2 technical questions in the HR round, but they were much easier than the technical round.

Interview Questions

• How do you check if a given linked list is palindromic or not.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Through campus recruiting. They had a coding competition, and had recruiters walking around listening to us. They asked for people's names later. I personally wasn't able to solve a problem, but I think they based it on the team collaboration. I gave my resume and was contacted for an interview 2 weeks later. The interview itself was at our university and lasted for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Given a file system, how will you find and delete a duplicate file?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Got the first round of interview through campus recruiting. Heard from them less than a week telling me that I was selected to an on-site. 3 weeks later, an interview scheduler contacted me and settled me with a detailed schedule quickly. During the final interview, I stayed on the main campus a whole day (from 10am to 4pm) interviewing with 4 different people from the team. All of them were nice and challenged my solution in a good way. The recruiter was also very nice. He gave me the offer on next day's morning and explained in so much detail about the compensation, which made me really excited. I accepted the offer right away.

Interview Questions

• What was the most interesting/challenging bug that you fixed? Describe the process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Submitted my resume at University event and got called into the first round of on-campus interviews. Sat in a small room with an engineer and asked me some behavioral questions -- like the most interesting things I've done in class or any interesting problems I've solved on projects. Then moved onto the technical questions with me coding on notebook in front of him at the table.

Interview Questions

• Simple string manipulation questions. Then about how I would test it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a good ranking in the Microsoft College Code Competition and got the interview. Microsoft's recruiting is really slow. They gave me the interview very late, and now it has been 3 weeks since the interview, I haven't heard a thing from them. I may choose other company at the end.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to introduce my pertinent experiences. After that there was a very easy coding question. Give you an array, find the two numbers that are closest to each other. Return the smallest pair if there are more than one solutions.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Did not make it to the actual on-site interview. But I had an interview on campus where they asked situation questions such as like "when was a time..." Then usually technical questions following. Interview takes about 30 minutes.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I have applied in November. The first round interview is in February, I have received email one week before the interview. It is a group interview and all are university students.