Microsoft

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Application was straight forward with a cover letter, resume and other common questions. This was then followed up by an online interview where you had to answer some questions, mostly standard ones like name your best qualities etc. After that it was an assessment centre involving two presentations and one final interview with one of the managers. As a note they included both in the same day.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time where you had to change something unexpectedly about a project and tell me about that experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in May 2014.

Had 4 interviews. The first interview was about testing, the second interview was about coding two algorithms, the third interview was about testing a specific function and then implementing that function. The interviewers were very nice and helpful. They were very approachable and gave good hints in order to solve the problem.

Interview Questions
    • Given an integer number, implement the toString() function of that number.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

Did not make it to the actual on-site interview. But I had an interview on campus where they asked situation questions such as like "when was a time..." Then usually technical questions following. Interview takes about 30 minutes.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

I have applied in November. The first round interview is in February, I have received email one week before the interview. It is a group interview and all are university students.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Microsoft.

Terrible, seemed like she did not want to be there. The questions were hard for saying no experience needed and she was not very engaging. Overall after the interview the culture of the company was not a fit for me. Great company just not for me.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

it was easy. Had two rounds of interviews and the questions were pretty simple. Was asked many resume related questions. I applied in the career fair of our campus and got a call within a week to attend an interview on campus. It was a 30 minute interview with questions on my resume. Later for the second round of interview i was asked to come to Seattle. Had three 45 minute interviews covering various topics like trees, hash maps, design problems, palindromes etc. Be confident and you are good to go.

Interview Questions
    • Find the prime numbers in a given range?
      Find the anagram meanings of a given string from a dictionary

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

First round is an online application, followed by an online situational test looking at what you would do on certain situations. If you pass then you get a recorded video interview, followed by a Skype interview and finally an assessment centre.

Interview Questions
    • Would you describe yourself as business minded?   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between good and great customer service?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I got a phone interview about half an hour. I was asked about some technical projects I have done (from my CV) and what was my role in a team, and some basic algorithm knowledge and logic puzzles, which are not hard. The process took about 3 weeks before I received the result.

Interview Questions
    • I was unexpected to be asked about thy way to test a vending machine   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Applied at a career fair and received an on-campus interview around two or three weeks later. It was a 30 minute interview with half of it explaining your resume and projects. The other half was more technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given two sorted lists, you had to find a solution that would merge the two in O(n) time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Referred by a friend. Then received an phone interview invitation from an engineer. The interview was fine. Coding problems like two-sum, possible paths from top-left corner to bottom-right corner, etc. Some basic machine learning questions.