Microsoft

Updated 14 Nov 2014

3.1

184 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

1 HR interview that included behavioural questions in addition to ligh technical questions, followed by 3 onsite interviews. 2 interview were focused on coding, and the third was purely testing.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

First round consists of a multiple choice quiz followed by multiple onsite rounds. The questions generally consist of Algorithms, Design and Project Questions. The interviewers are good and they even offer you to drive back home if you want.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

There was an online shortlisting process as usual and then I was contacted by a recruiter from a subcontractor assessment company and was invited for a range of assessment steps such as self assessment test,logical thinking and language skills.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions needed to be really careful and stay attentive because of the fact that they include so many numbers and that kind of stuff.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

asked a lot of questions for the firstt phone screen

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Submitted my resume through my school's career center. Contacted a couple weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Couldn't understand the interviewer. Was notified via email a few weeks later that I was not selected for the final round in Seattle.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a challenging project you have completed   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

There were 5 rounds of assessment and I partook in 4. 1 CV check, 1 assessment centre and 3 rounds of interview. It was not that difficult but you are required to have good understanding and business sense. All the assessors were supporive, but other staff that were present at the office could come across as distant/ intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • There are questions regarding leadership and soft skills with HR. As you go further, more business-related issues are brought up.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

I spoke on the phone first, then went to the Foundry for an interview

Intern Interview

First round was purely algorithms and their improvisions. Did well in this round.
    Questions ranged from sorting to graphs to searching.
    Second round was interview, asked me to code and design algorithms, didnt do well, so couldnt go ahead

Intern Interview

Applied through their on-line system after receiving an Information leaflet from my university's Placements team. Initial selection went smooth, however I failed one of the tests as I had only 48 hours of notice to familiarise myself with the subject matter (I basically received an e-mail with a link to the test and about two days to start the test).

Interview Questions
    • The test I failed was the Numerical Reasoning Test subcontracted from SHL. 24 minutes for 18 questions all based on interpreting graphs and charts and churning out the right numbers as fast as possible.
       The problems themselves were simple, the time was just brutally short.
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

Basic data structures and algorithm questions were asked and was asked to write code. Which language we choose to write code was up to me. Once the basic algorithm was implemented, then, the question's complexity was increased. One good habit is to think out loud as that helps conveying to the interviewer on how we approach the problem. Overall experience was good.

Interview Questions
    • I was expecting complex questions, but the interviewer asked very basic algorithm questions   Answer Question