Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated 17 Sep 2014

3.1

162 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft.

Gave resume at College Fair and got email for on campus interview

Interview Questions
  • Technical Question, given a singly linked list, how to reverse direction   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Interviewed for SDE Internship, consisted of 3 rounds. First 2 were on campus, last round was at Redmond. First 2 rounds were heavily technical, last round consisted of 2 interviews not as technical as previous rounds. Interviewers were very nice and passionate about what they did, questions they asked were all very fair and nothing surprising.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard technical questions about algorithms and data structures.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I visited Microsoft at a school career fair, and was then contacted by a recruiter several weeks later. I did a 30 minute in person on campus interview that was mostly behavioral based questions and one technical coding question

Intern Interview

Applied online via a resume drop. Was contacted for a university on campus interview. Lasted only about 20 minutes. Didn't ask any behavioral, jumped right into a coding question.

Interview Questions
    • Given a number and a length, output to the console the "calculator" display of this number. i.e. display the number with _ and | characters   View Answer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft.

got an interview by giving my resume to a rep at a career-fair. Was contacted about a week later with an interview time. Interview was about 45 minutes long and was asked a variety of both technical questions and critical think questions. Found out about three weeks later that I was not selected for the second rounds of interviews. However i know that for those they fly you out to WA to interview at their headquarters.

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft.

I applied through our university recruiter. It was much easier than going through the online interface. One on campus interview, followed by an on site interview by the team. Found this much easier than working through the online interface, the face time with the recruiter really helped.

Interview Questions
    • Given an arrays of length x and 2x, with the array of 2x containing only x integers, move the former array into the larger one and sort.
      With that completed, I was told to do it in place, followed by significantly improve the runtime.
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

I applied to the SDE internship position at my school's career fair and got a response a few weeks later. I spoke to the recruiter about possible graphics related jobs and he made it sound quite promising, even said "yep, we'll interview you." The interview itself was mostly behavioral questions like your greatest achievement, how would you use technology to change the world, etc. Only one technical question.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

Applied online, and get an invitation for interview at the same day. one on campus interview, and one on site interview. Microsoft pay for almost everything, and It was a great experience. Took me a day to get the result.

nonnegotiable

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft.

Met job recruiter at Career Fair. Set up a phone interview for the next week. Got a call from a male in WA. Very nice guy and we bonded over a couple common hobbies while casually going over the points on my resume. Only one question asked outside of normal questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft.

I had an on campus interview. They were very nice during the whole process. A Q&A session was held on campus the night before where you were able to become more comfortable with interview and the process. It lasted 45 minutes and was a 1-1 interview. The questions were very straight forward. Talk about your experience and past projects. Then a hand written technical question based on string manipulations without any api.