Microsoft

Updated 9 Dec 2014

3.1

190 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft in September 2014.

It was a very short interview on Campus around 30 minutes long. The person was very nice but he didn't really ask anything about the resume. It was a straight technical interview. The person would have done a TDD approach with me if I had more time. There was also time to ask questions at the end.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Was unsure about working for Microsoft, but I handed in my resume at the career fair anyway and got called for an interview the next day. The interviewer was very unprofessional. And when he asked and I described what I was looking for in a career, he took it to mean that I can't code (very false) and proceeded to a fifteen minute lecture on why coding was important. I lost interest in the interview soon after that.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly simple logic puzzle (because he assumed I couldn't code - even though my resume and I said otherwise).   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

A short MCQ round of 15 questions was held.Then a coding round of two questions was undertaken by us.
    Later after a few days the guys came to campus for interviews.After 2 or 3 rounds they selected the candidates. Students with good communication skills were selected after 2 round only.

Interview Questions
    • Convert a binary search tree in place in a sorted doubly link list.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

Applied online multiple times for different internships. A friend of mine who interned and then was hired after graduation forwarded my resume in to recruiters internally. A recruiter reached out to me and said they would be interviewing soon and that I needed to fill out a placement sheet. The sheet asked various, extremely vague questions about what field I would like to be in. There was vague managerial questions like if I preferred to be a designer, a manager, or someone who works entirely with code across 3 fields. The fields were like systems, products, and general or something. It was weird because I still didn't know what I was applying for or what I would be doing. I was told I would be contacted "soon". A month went by and I heard no word. I attempted to email back, but got an out of office message. Another month went by. I asked my friend if I was even being considered anymore. The recruiter reached out to me after he inquired directly, she said they would contact me within the next week. ANOTHER month went by with still no contact. I attempted to inquire another time, and finally, out of the blue, someone called me. The gentleman sounded like he was in a rush to get me off the phone. He asked me why I wanted work with MS, what my interests are, and then went right into 3 riddles. The riddles were really silly and he timed me so short on them. He asked about having a group of marbles, a scale, and how to find the one marble that weighed the most without being able to use the scale more than 2 times. He then asked me about mis-sorted fruit baskets and how I would find certain fruits. I messed this one up, but came close. and when I came close to the answer, he abruptly asked ARE YOU SURE? Threw me off as I was confident in my conclusion, but it sounded so forceful I wasn't sure if I had said something really absurd without noticing. I didn't hear back for another month, in which I just got some automated email saying my application was declined.

Interview Questions
    • Marbles that all have the same appearance, one weighs differently. Use a 2 sided scale to find the smallest marble. Only use the scale 3 times.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

1 HR interview that included behavioural questions in addition to ligh technical questions, followed by 3 onsite interviews. 2 interview were focused on coding, and the third was purely testing.

Intern Interview

First round consists of a multiple choice quiz followed by multiple onsite rounds. The questions generally consist of Algorithms, Design and Project Questions. The interviewers are good and they even offer you to drive back home if you want.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

There was an online shortlisting process as usual and then I was contacted by a recruiter from a subcontractor assessment company and was invited for a range of assessment steps such as self assessment test,logical thinking and language skills.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions needed to be really careful and stay attentive because of the fact that they include so many numbers and that kind of stuff.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

asked a lot of questions for the firstt phone screen

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Submitted my resume through my school's career center. Contacted a couple weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Couldn't understand the interviewer. Was notified via email a few weeks later that I was not selected for the final round in Seattle.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a challenging project you have completed   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

There were 5 rounds of assessment and I partook in 4. 1 CV check, 1 assessment centre and 3 rounds of interview. It was not that difficult but you are required to have good understanding and business sense. All the assessors were supporive, but other staff that were present at the office could come across as distant/ intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • There are questions regarding leadership and soft skills with HR. As you go further, more business-related issues are brought up.   Answer Question