Microsoft

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Engineer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details Phone interview: questions from the resume, most challenging project, maximum lines of code written in one project, most comfortable programming language.

Interview Question – Asked my favorite technology and how will you describe it to your grandmother. Cleared the initial interviews, yet to give onsite interview.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Service Engineer Intern Interview

Redmond, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2012.

Interview Details First submitted an application which gets filtered automatically into PASS/FAIL. Next met with a screener who just wanted to confirm that I could think. He asked a bunch of broad questions like describing a new product that I might make for Microsoft and then drilled me for details about the implementation. After passing that, I was flown out for on-site interviews through the gauntlet mentioned by others. It seemed more social than anything else. Everything was very conversational and mostly tested whether I could solve problems about scalability and what I thought of the Microsoft culture. Final interview was how to problem solve a technical problem with a non-technical person over the phone. This was followed by a string manipulation coding problem without using string functions.

Interview Question – How would you reverse a string without string functions?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was for an internship so there wasn't very much negotiation involved.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Microsoft

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Microsoft Videos

Microsoft – Why Work for Us?

What do you want in a job? Do you want more than a paycheck? At Microsoft, you can discover potential you didn’t know you had, push your limits, turn your ideas into reality and make a real impact on the industry and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft Service Engineer Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees and interview candidates.