Microsoft Service Engineer Intern Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Service Engineer Intern Interview

Phone interview: questions from the resume, most challenging project, maximum lines of code written in one project, most comfortable programming language.

Interview Questions
  • Asked my favorite technology and how will you describe it to your grandmother. Cleared the initial interviews, yet to give onsite interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Service Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in January 2012.

First submitted an application which gets filtered automatically into PASS/FAIL. Next met with a screener who just wanted to confirm that I could think. He asked a bunch of broad questions like describing a new product that I might make for Microsoft and then drilled me for details about the implementation. After passing that, I was flown out for on-site interviews through the gauntlet mentioned by others. It seemed more social than anything else. Everything was very conversational and mostly tested whether I could solve problems about scalability and what I thought of the Microsoft culture. Final interview was how to problem solve a technical problem with a non-technical person over the phone. This was followed by a string manipulation coding problem without using string functions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you reverse a string without string functions?   Answer Question
    It was for an internship so there wasn't very much negotiation involved.