Monsanto Company

Updated 25 Jan 2015
Updated 25 Jan 2015

3.1

Research Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

They mostly follow the phone interview by recruiter, and then phone interview my interview panel. Later if found good, they invite for on site interview, which is mostly in ST Louis. They follow STAR Behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • One interview panel member stopped me and asked: Have they mentioned the full duties of this position, just to make sure you are aware of it.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

I was searching online for mechanical engineering internships for 2014 and I ran into Monsanto Co., I applied online, got a phone interview, within the next two weeks I got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time where you took initiative to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, Co-ops are paid $1,500 biweekly and that's it.

Operations Research Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Monsanto Company.

It was a phone interview for internship position. My first round was technical questions, followed by behavior questions the next day. The technical questions are in pretty wide range from integer programming algorithm to queueing networks. The HR and hire manager are both very nice and friendly. Hope I will be offered for this position.

Interview Questions
    • What's the initiative of getting ahead of your assignments?   Answer Question

TDRa Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

online
    phone interview
    2 panel interview
    dinner
    meeting the panel at dinner and the other candidates
    behavior questions, getting along w people and working in groups.......................................
    experience interviewing and answering questions

it takes around 2 weeks after the interview to know if you got the job or not
    the paper work takes longer due to contracts and drug testing and background check

Electrical Engineer Co-op Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Monsanto Company.

I applied online and submitted my resume, after about a month i was contacted. The interview and hiring process was very fast. After about 2 weeks, i was contacted.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked mutiple question, none were technical but rather behavior based. Describe a time when you could not meet a deadline?   Answer Question
    I was offered a salary which was, in my opinion, non negotiable. However, it was a great offer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

not a fair process. some people move around very often but never gone through the process but others have to go through all the process/steps ended up wasting your time any way.

Interview Questions
    • behavior based questions are very difficult to answer and some just a question.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter for initial screening. A week later I received an email from Hiring Manager inviting me to interview at St. Louis Headquarters. Once the interview date had been agreed on, an administrative assistant coordinated all travel, hotel and transportation. The interview consisted of two panels- the first with the recruiter and hiring manager and a second with two members of the team. Afterwards, there was a written exercise based on a hypothetical situation. All behavioral questions were based on five competencies found listed in their website.

Interview Questions
    • Knowing the amount of controversy surrounding our company, why would you want to work here?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Co-op Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company in November 2014.

It took 2 weeks to get call and interviewer was one of the best persons I ever spoke with. There were 3 scientists who interviewed me and first they asked me more of my research and then couple of practical technical questions like how you will deal with this kind of situation where * related to my field of study.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected but the questions asked were related to practical research experience.   Answer Question
    Not negotiable.

IT Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

They had a two part interview at my university split between 2 people and another person in different rooms. All questions were behavioral based, nothing technical. Everyone interviewing was on different teams in IT, so they knew exactly what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed to meet a deadline and how did you deal with the situation   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I had the conference call (phone interview) with researcher for an hour. They asked me what I did in the resume. Especially, I have explained about the project with the topic related to GAW.

Interview Questions
    • It was short time to specifically explain my research.   Answer Question