Monsanto Company

Updated 15 Nov 2014
Updated 15 Nov 2014

3.1

Electrical Engineer Co-op Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Monsanto Company.

I applied online and submitted my resume, after about a month i was contacted. The interview and hiring process was very fast. After about 2 weeks, i was contacted.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked mutiple question, none were technical but rather behavior based. Describe a time when you could not meet a deadline?   Answer Question
    I was offered a salary which was, in my opinion, non negotiable. However, it was a great offer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

not a fair process. some people move around very often but never gone through the process but others have to go through all the process/steps ended up wasting your time any way.

Interview Questions
    • behavior based questions are very difficult to answer and some just a question.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter for initial screening. A week later I received an email from Hiring Manager inviting me to interview at St. Louis Headquarters. Once the interview date had been agreed on, an administrative assistant coordinated all travel, hotel and transportation. The interview consisted of two panels- the first with the recruiter and hiring manager and a second with two members of the team. Afterwards, there was a written exercise based on a hypothetical situation. All behavioral questions were based on five competencies found listed in their website.

Interview Questions
    • Knowing the amount of controversy surrounding our company, why would you want to work here?   Answer Question

IT Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

They had a two part interview at my university split between 2 people and another person in different rooms. All questions were behavioral based, nothing technical. Everyone interviewing was on different teams in IT, so they knew exactly what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed to meet a deadline and how did you deal with the situation   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I had the conference call (phone interview) with researcher for an hour. They asked me what I did in the resume. Especially, I have explained about the project with the topic related to GAW.

Interview Questions
    • It was short time to specifically explain my research.   Answer Question

Seed Supply Field Supervisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview was held the day after the campus career fair, I was asked to prepare well for the company background, issue and specific software skills preferred. Some students talked with HR and I was talked with a manager. It depends. They said the relocation fee will decent if you were in higher level.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

They had an initial screening round, with HR/co-ordinator. 2 rounds followed soon after - reporting manager and his peer. Was followed by 5 on-site interviews, at which point it got tiresome and repetitive. Offer was made 3 weeks following the last interview.

The company is an agri-business Co. Since i came from a different background, almost no questions were asked to check my knowledge. A few were asked to check my interest in the area. A lot of behavioural questions were asked. Would say 70% of all Qs started with either "give me an example where..." "have you been in a situation where..." "What would you do if...". limited difficulty level, but can get tiresome after a point, and I started to slack off a bit towards the end.

The process itself was smooth, and people were more or less approachable.

Interview Questions
    • What is brand You? (sounds little lame, but in context, it made sense). Wasnt most difficult, but it just sprang out on me.   Answer Question
    Negotiated for a slightly better offer.

IT Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monsanto Company in October 2014.

I got a call after I submitted my resume in the University career fair.I signed up for the interview on campus. There were two panels consisting of two members who interviewed for one hour only on behavioral questions. The questions are basic and simple.

Interview Questions
    • explain a situation when you delivered a product to a customer and the customer didn't like it and what did you do to satisfy the customer?   View Answer

IT Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Monsanto Company in October 2014.

I gave them my resume at my schools career fair. I went online to fill out the online application and to create a profile. I had an on site interview at my university. It was a behavioral type of interview. They asked a series of questions. I felt comfortable and the interviewers were very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever missed a deadline and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

IT Co-Op Interview

It was a behavior interview and the procedure was not painful. They asks several general questions and there are no technical questions. I went to two rounds including the onsite ones and all of them are behavior questions. Just makes sure your resume is good.