Monsanto Company Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

3.1

Business Objects Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Monsanto Company in February 2010.

I was hired as a contractor, supposed to be 12 months contract to hire. My contracting agency found the job, called me, asked if they could submit me. I said yes. A phone interview was set up within the week with the appropriate folks at Monsanto. I got the call on time and was interviewed by another person on my future team and the team manager. The phone interview lasted about an hour and was technical in nature. I nailed it as I have many years of experience in my field. The recruiter had told me that a face to face would happen if they liked what I said on the phone, and this, prior to my phone interview. The recruiter called me about a half hour after the phone interview. I was expecting to be asked how it went and maybe, just maybe, that they wanted the face to face. Instead, I was told they wanted me and she delivered the offer. I KNEW I nailed the interview. This happened on a Tuesday. I started work the following Monday. I was never hired as an employee after the 12 months. I spent 26 months there as a contractor. Work was very heavy, many meetings, and I saw many competent, even outstanding, very talented contractors leave because the 12 month contract to hire was never honored.

I have to say this about Monsanto though: There are very many competent, bright, and outstanding people that work there. People who can't work, do not want to work or incompetent do not last long. I was pushed to the very limit, and then some, with my skillset. Monsanto has the money and buys what it necessary for you to do your job and push the very limits of technology. They are not some broke company that you have to fight for SQL Plus on your PC! Monsanto will run you ragged sometimes, but the experience and connections I made there was SO WORTH it!!

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember, but I do remember thinking at the time that nothing was difficult. Just be honest. If you are not a good fit for them, move on, and find another company. Monsanto values honesty and the "if you don't know it, you will learn it and not be afraid attitude".   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate for a $2K per year raise. Nothing is set in stone, even though I went through a contracting agency. I was C2C.

Analytics Scientist Interview

Phone interview. Basically the Hiring Manger went through everything on the job description and asked for detailed examples. Also a mixture of behavior and technical interview questions. The Hiring Manager is overall nice and seems knowledgeable. But it didn't work out because my experience does not fit the position very well.

IT Co-Op Interview

It was a behavior interview and the procedure was not painful. They asks several general questions and there are no technical questions. I went to two rounds including the onsite ones and all of them are behavior questions. Just makes sure your resume is good.

Biologist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodland, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Panel consists of the supervisors of the involved departments. They take turn asking you interview questions, mostly behavior questions related to your previous work experiences. Then you get a tour of the lab.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle these situations were the hardest for me.   Answer Question
    No negotiation since it was a contract job

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

A phone recruiter will call and prescreen you. If you pass that, you'll be scheduled for a 2-3 hour behavioral interview where they have several groups of people interview you on Monsanto's core compentencies.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a time in which my customers or co-workers lost trust in me and the actions I took to try to rebuild that trust.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Soda Springs, ID (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Soda Springs, ID (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Monsanto Company in March 2014.

I had two phone interviews the first was with an HR person just to ask a few basic screening questions. The second was a technical phone interview with a rep from the company. Then I had an onsite interview, they reimbursed me for travel expenses, consisted of a tour and several one on one interviews.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you have faced conflict on a project and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Research Assistant I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview process was held at a hiring blitz, it was very neat to see the other candidates. Very nice, calm environment . You would bounce around from groups/panels of interviewers and asked the same questions over and over.

Seed Process Engineering Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

I talked to an engineering leader in my college's career fair and submitted my resume. A month later, I was notified that the engineering group is interviewing me. I was asked to visit their main campus in Saint Louis. I was interviewed by three people on site in Saint Louis along with other candidates. The interview was rather casual I feel. The interviewer are really friendly and approachable. The questions they asked are very typical behavioral questions and they requested me to go through my experience and resume.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

I got the information for classmates and directly emailed the recruiter asking for a phone interview opportunity. During the phone interview, just explained the job position to me and let me introduce myself and went through my resume and asked several personal information.

Fixed Asset Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Creve Coeur, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Two rounds of interview - 1 HR round on telephone and 1 with line manager in person. HR interview was very basic. The round with line manager had technical accounting questions

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was not required as the benefits more than made up for the salary.

Worked for Monsanto Company? Contribute to the Community!