Morgan Stanley

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

FAA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details Interview was by the local Branch Management. To be honest, it was short and he wanted to know my business plan for success.

Interview Question – How to grow business?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was short, took less than 20 minutes.

FAA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details I was referred to the branch manager by a friend of my fathers. I already had a series 7 so they had me take a personality test which I had passed. A week later I made a business plan in detail with an overview of how I will bring assets and manage my time efficiently. Two weeks later I met with the complex director and branch manager and was offered a position. I received the formal offer a week later.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, Just my prior experience as a registered representative. The director and branch manager were very friendly and happy to interview me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was shocked on how high the salary was. I was happy to have the opportunity and didn not care much about the salary considering you make a majority of your income from commissions.

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details Referred to FAA program by employee. Signed up for account online. Filled out info. Had multiple interviews. Lengthy process.

Interview Question – Standard Interview   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2013.

Interview Details The process was fine. You go thru an online application, and a few online assessment tests. You then have in person interviews, typically 3-4. It takes around 2-3 weeks. Make sure you have a business plan mapped out in your mind, as you will work on one for the interview.

Interview Question – I'm sure you'll be in at 730am as I am also in at that time, correct?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2010.

Interview Details I applied online then I was sent an online assessment. A few weeks later I received a phone call, where I had three interviews. In the middle of the interviews I had to submit business plan.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a client that has lost $2 million dollars and is ready to pull out the rest of their assets?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little to no negotiation

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details Applied online. One month later had a telephone interview. Completed online personality and math test and created a detailed business plan. Was then called in for an interview with the Assistant Branch Manager as well as the Complex Manager.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions. Just about process, history, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!