Morgan Stanley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Global Capital Markets Summer Intern Interview

Global Capital Markets Summer Intern
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details Excellent process, started all interview calls on the day the deadline was due. HR was lovely and supportive.
2 rounds of interviews, with a mix of behaviourial and technical questions. Quite a few valuation questions, what's going on in the marketplace etc.
Interviewers were friendly, funny and honest - overall a very positive experience despite not getting the job!

Interview Question – Why did you choose a particular multiple for the valuation of a certain company?   Answer Question

Analyst - Technology Interview

Analyst - Technology
Gāndhīnagar, Gujarat (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2014.

Interview Details We had 6 rounds :-

1st round : 30 MCQ question - 30 Minutes ( sectional cutoff was there also it was +4/-1 )
2nd round : coding test - 4 questions - 30 minutes ( write code on paper )
3rd round : Technical Interview
4th round : Technical Interview
5th round : HR Interview
6th round : group activity

Interview Question – Try to sort a file of 200 gb lexically   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details Applied to a recruiter and got a phone interview. Interview was on Deadlock, Asked about how to avoid deadlock and how to detect them. The interviewer was very friendly and the interview was fluent. Not too technical questions but I think Morgan Stanley asks a lot on multithreading and since i am not too much into it , I don't expect it to move forward.

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details Applied to the Operations summer analyst program as a rising junior, even though rising seniors are preferred. Had an initial phone interview which was straightforward questions about interest in operations, team work I had done, general fit, etc etc. Got called for a superday interview in New York, which included 2 interviews with similar questions to the phone interview and a group exercise.

Interview Question – Nothing too out of the ordinary, just know about operations and general Morgan Stanley structure.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2014.

Interview Details Excel test was the 1st round, questions weren't difficult, but you will only have limited time. 2nd round was made up of interviews with local representatives and video conferences with senior and leader employess from New York. People are really kind, you shouldn't be worried at all.

Interview Question – Tipical situation questions, however these questions may be difficult to be answered by a freshgrad, withless work experience.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Equity Research Associate

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details Three part interview. Phone screening. Bring you in for mutliple interviews. Will keep you waiting on decision, especially if you are a more low level candiate that does not have many other options. Team diagnostic exercises. Meetings can be abrupt. Do not expect to easily lock this down.

Interview Question – What was a time you failed?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Garden City, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2012.

Interview Details Was asked basic behavioral questions for internship position--
Tell me about yourself
Why finance?
Strength?
Weakness?
Did not get asked any technicals. I came off nervous and non-authentic because I over prepared for technical questions but didn't even get asked one.

Very Easy Interview

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
Purchase, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2013.

Interview Details Initial phone interview then interviewed with three additional people live. Each person spent about 20 min with me and just chatted candidly. The interviewers spent more time explaining the job and making sure it was something I was wiling to do.

Interview Question – There wasnt anything increadibly difficult to answer. Normal interview questions about goals, plans, interests, qualifications, education, etc.   Answer Question

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Technology Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details Applied through the on campus interviews. For the first interview, the questions were about algorithm/data structures. The second and final round consisted of a 4 * 30 minutes interviews with four different interviewers, plus one group activity. The questions spanned a bit of every thing, algorithm, data structures, databases, OS (UNIX, process scheduling, threads...), programming languages (java, c++, garbage collector...), and some problem solving questions.

Interview Question – Explaining how Java carbage collector works   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Operations
Syracuse, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details Came to my school to recruit. 3 day interview process. Day 1 networking and panel session at night. 2nd day round 1 interviews. 2 30 minute interviews. Call that night for round 2 interviews. 2 more 30 min interviews and 30 min group interview. Got the offer the next week.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!