Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

3.2

Global Capital Markets Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Excellent process, started all interview calls on the day the deadline was due. HR was lovely and supportive.
    2 rounds of interviews, with a mix of behaviourial and technical questions. Quite a few valuation questions, what's going on in the marketplace etc.
    Interviewers were friendly, funny and honest - overall a very positive experience despite not getting the job!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose a particular multiple for the valuation of a certain company?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I applied through on campus recruiting and got emailed about an interview slot about two weeks later. I interviewed with two people, a recent graduate of my school as well as a more senior person who had been working with the company for longer. They were very friendly and nice. I researched the position and MS but I had no prior experience with anything in the field. This didn't seem to be an issue as long as I could tie back how my resume applied to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very unexpected. Mostly behavioral and walking through the resume, highlighting relevant experience   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

The first round was a phone interview. For the most part, they asked behavioral and situational questions. The second round was an all day superday interview. It had several behavioral interviews and a group activity. Overall they were all pretty straightforward types of questions. You should have a good understanding of Morgan Stanley and operations' role in the firm.

Technology Analyst Interview

on-campus interview and one on-site interview. On-site interview comprises with one group interview and two technical interviews. Group interview was doing a hand-craft with 4 people and it lasted about 40 min. Then two technical interviews are 30 min each. They only give me 1 coding problem.

Interview Questions
    • how to make sure that a database is secure for a customer   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Campus interview first one on one then call you for a second/ final interview at main office of where your applying. At the office you get 2 one on one interviews mainly behavioral and then one group interview but it could be switched. The group interview could have about 5 to 10 people.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I applied via referral from a current employee. There were 6 rounds of interviews in total. 2 phone calls were with a recruiter and then with the hiring manager. I later had in-person meetings with 4 different management leaders individually. The interviews overall, were behavioral based and easy in nature. Prepare yourself to speak previous work experience scenarios.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

It is a long hiring process. First I had a 30 minute phone interview then two in person interviews. Not very friendly and it was an administrator role. Talked to two people for each round. They sent me an automated email telling me that I was not chosen. Low salary

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult questions. Asked basic questions like what are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Associate - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Pretty straightforward interview process. Two phone interviews followed by 3 on site interviews.
    Was kept waiting for more than a week after the first phone screen. But once they got back, things moved pretty quickly from second phone screen to the onsite and to the offer. It was all within a week.
    The interviews are all fairly technical. Knowing some of the core CS concepts will be necessary such as time complexity of certain data structures. Some preparation on CS fundamentals will be helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how a concurrent hashmap works.   Answer Question
    • Basic RDBMS questions on indexes, joins, group by, relational schema design.   Answer Question
    • What data structure will you use to maintain top 10 traded securities by volume.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

It was pretty formal. Went through 4 rounds of interview. Due to restructuring, the process took much longer than anticipated. Questions were relatively straightforward. The most important thing is to get along with the hiring manager. If he/she has a good impression, you may at least get to the final round.

Summer Analyst Interview

First there is a Resume drop through target schools career centers; then employees come to campus and conduct first-round on campus interviews; those selected by the school capitains will be invited for a Super-Day at the office; once that offer is secured you work with human resources and your school capitain towards a final desk placement

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do this job instead of tech, startup   Answer Question
    not applicable