Morgan Stanley

913 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Global Capital Markets Summer Intern Interview

Sydney

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details Excellent process, started all interview calls on the day the deadline was due. HR was lovely and supportive.
2 rounds of interviews, with a mix of behaviourial and technical questions. Quite a few valuation questions, what's going on in the marketplace etc.
Interviewers were friendly, funny and honest - overall a very positive experience despite not getting the job!

Interview Question – Why did you choose a particular multiple for the valuation of a certain company?   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details Two 20min phone interviews with junior level employees - one a commodities trader, the other an equities trader. Started with standard competency questions - then became quite technical. Both quite informal and felt like more of a chat.

Interview Question – How would you hedge a trade on the Yen ?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details Initially had 1 written test on Interviewstreet which consist of 5 objective quest and 3 programming quest and test duration was 1 hour.,then I had 3 tech telephonic rounds spanning through multiple days.After this called for f2f discussion,had 2 tech rounds(including hiring manager) and then HR.

Negotiation Details – Not much of negotiation.They offered based on my number of years of exp.

Analyst - Technology Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details This was a campus hiring process

Interview Question – It has been very long. I do not remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a campus hiring process and the compensation were fixed for the whole batch of campus recruits.

Summer Analyst Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details 5 general questions like what do you know about us. 5 mins went through you resume, 10 mins OOP questions. 20min a simple coding question

Interview Question – The question is quite easy. Combining two strings   Answer Question

Runner/Foot-courier Interview

Long Island City, NY (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2012.

Interview Details applied online then got a call to come and discuss my past experiences and if i am built for this job

Interview Question – i was asked if i was able to carry 60 to 70 ibs boxes.   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details Interviews are often only 1 day and in-person. Expect to meet with at least 3 people ( sometimes individually although a friend had a panel style interview in derivatives). Questions are very basic, why Morgan Stanley, what qualities make you a good fit, where are you looking to be in 5 years, etc.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiation potential entry level. Try coming on as an Analyst II if possible.

Fund Services Summer Analyst Interview

Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2013.

Interview Details Online testing, surprise short telephone interview, scheduled long telephone interview, assessment centre consisting of two interviews and a group exercise.

Interview Question – Describe a time you found a weakness in something and improved it.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2011.

Interview Details 3 on campus interviews and one group scenario

Interview Question – The group scenario was unlike anything I had done at the time. Keep cool and stay on point   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Intern Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details I was referred in for the interview. The interview was a series of basic behavioral questions. For example, how will you deal with a situation where you have multiple task to finish.

Interview Question – How do you ask for help?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley interview questions and advice. All 913 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.