Morgan Stanley

919 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Global Capital Markets Summer Intern Interview

Sydney

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details Excellent process, started all interview calls on the day the deadline was due. HR was lovely and supportive.
2 rounds of interviews, with a mix of behaviourial and technical questions. Quite a few valuation questions, what's going on in the marketplace etc.
Interviewers were friendly, funny and honest - overall a very positive experience despite not getting the job!

Interview Question – Why did you choose a particular multiple for the valuation of a certain company?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2010.

Interview Details I applied for the training program because my friend had been hired and they were looking to add people to the training program. Even with a recommendation from my friend, it was a slow and painful process. The interviews were very easy but completing all the paperwork and getting the requied background checks took 3 months.

Interview Question – Their were none. The asked why you wanted to be a Financial Advisor? Could you work long hours? Are you confident you could pass the Series 7, 66 and obtain your Life Insurance License in a specif time-frame.   Answer Question

FAA Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details Interview was by the local Branch Management. To be honest, it was short and he wanted to know my business plan for success.

Interview Question – How to grow business?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was short, took less than 20 minutes.

Summer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details Phone interview followed by video conference interviews.

In the phone interview I was mostly asked general questions (why investment banking, why position, when did you become interested in investment banking, etc.), a couple of technical questions (explain DCF, what's WACC), and a few brainteasers.

There were 3 back-to-back video conference interviews: 1 technical, 2 competency based.

Interview Question – Tell me the names of some people you've met at our networking event (which I previously mentioned to have attended)   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details Applied online and after 3 weeks was informed to take a written exam in campus. There were ~75 questions for 60 minutes, all multiple choices.

Interview Question – questions about Brownian motion, martingale, order of constructors in C++ etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

Interview Details I directly emailed human resources my resume. They got back to me 2 months later asking for a phone interview. Basic behavioral questions and asked me basic real estate ideas. The next day the contacted me to come in for a "superday" the following week. I met with 8 interviewers, 2 per 30 minute session

Interview Question – all behavioral and "why real estate"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Senior Associate Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details Initially had 1 written test on Interviewstreet which consist of 5 objective quest and 3 programming quest and test duration was 1 hour.,then I had 3 tech telephonic rounds spanning through multiple days.After this called for f2f discussion,had 2 tech rounds(including hiring manager) and then HR.

Negotiation Details – Not much of negotiation.They offered based on my number of years of exp.

Sales and Trading Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details Two 20min phone interviews with junior level employees - one a commodities trader, the other an equities trader. Started with standard competency questions - then became quite technical. Both quite informal and felt like more of a chat.

Interview Question – How would you hedge a trade on the Yen ?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details 5 general questions like what do you know about us. 5 mins went through you resume, 10 mins OOP questions. 20min a simple coding question

Interview Question – The question is quite easy. Combining two strings   Answer Question

Analyst - Technology Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details This was a campus hiring process

Interview Question – It has been very long. I do not remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a campus hiring process and the compensation were fixed for the whole batch of campus recruits.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley interview questions and advice. All 919 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.