Morgan Stanley

3.2

Global Capital Markets Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Excellent process, started all interview calls on the day the deadline was due. HR was lovely and supportive.
    2 rounds of interviews, with a mix of behaviourial and technical questions. Quite a few valuation questions, what's going on in the marketplace etc.
    Interviewers were friendly, funny and honest - overall a very positive experience despite not getting the job!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose a particular multiple for the valuation of a certain company?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Markets and IB London Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

After having pased 3 rounds of compentency telephone interview each lasting c. 30 min, I was invited for a office interview split in 2x 30min. The questions were mainly CV related and I was asked to justifie every intership/ work experience and what I learned from it. Other questions were relating Extrecuricula activities where I showed a leadership role. I was called a view days after the interview and got my invite to the AC. The AC started with a numerical test, followed by a case study. The case study was about an acquisition and candidates had to chose the best fitting target. I presented the result in an individual interview to a senior banker. After that I had a group case study which was about the same company but we now had 5 potential targets (instead of 2 at the individual case study). We presented our ranking of options and justified each. After that I had 2x 30min interviews. All questions were compency based. A few technical questions came up about Multiples and DCF but nothing too difficult.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

All very pleasant and professional. I applied online and completed a numerical test before being invited for a telephone interview. This was followed by a few one-on-one interviews in person.

Operations Analyst Interview

The hiring process for Morgan Stanley Glasgow Operations Analyst is as follows. Online application, followed by online tests including a numerical test, a verbal test, and a quick 2 minute same/different test. If you score well on those, you will move on to a phone screening. During this you will be asked why the company and why the role. I was asked what my salary expectations were and after I told the lady, she immediately said that the job pays significantly less than the $75k that I was looking for. She asked if I wanted to continue and I said absolutely. She then scheduled for me a phone interview for 2 days later. That interview consisted of about 4 questions, and I was asked to use the STAR method to answer them. Appx 1 week later I was called and told that I did a very good job and impressed the operations person that I spoke to. We then scheduled an assessment center date for around 2-3 weeks later.

Equity Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Got interview invitation through campus recruiting. Had 30 minute on campus interview. There were questions : why Morgan Stanley, why equity research, walk me through your resume, pitch me a stock, current market news, lots of specific questions about valuation. What's you weakness,what was your biggest failure? What's your goal in life? Good experience in overall. I had a great interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of technical questions about valuation of companies   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

let you know what they are doing, and then walk you through your cv by asking you some questions in more details. Like talk about your projects, or check some basic c++ concepts.

Associate Interview

Take resume , do your hw on them. 15 mins early . Be knowlegable about role and ask questions about role. . I got the call from a recruiter saying he was submiting my resume . A week later got an interview . Interview lasted about 40 mins . Questions about past experience and resume

Summer Analyst IBD Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I have applied online in October by uploading my cv and cover letter, I was asked to complete psychometric tests, more exactly numerical and logical. After waiting, I have been invited to a phone interview in December. I have waited for the result for more than average due to the Christmas period.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly would you do in an IBD internship? Talk about one of Morgan Stanley's clients and details about transactions made.   Answer Question

Quant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Two phone interviews one after the other, one was completely about c++ programming, the other one with simple finance questions about digital options. What members are always part of an object? What are virtual functions? What is a linked list? Price of a digital. Greeks for a digital option. Digital option with barrier.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

On Campus Recruiting at one of the target schools in the city. the The process took around a week or so. one on one Interview at their office for around 30 mins. Most of the fit questions. Seemed like there were more questions that had been asked to me than some candidates that I knew.