Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

3.2

Global Capital Markets Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Excellent process, started all interview calls on the day the deadline was due. HR was lovely and supportive.
    2 rounds of interviews, with a mix of behaviourial and technical questions. Quite a few valuation questions, what's going on in the marketplace etc.
    Interviewers were friendly, funny and honest - overall a very positive experience despite not getting the job!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose a particular multiple for the valuation of a certain company?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Set up initially in conference room, brought through the building to 3 different interviews. All generally were fit questions, concluded with a group project working on a case study. Overall pretty simple interview, just read up on the company and have your story down beforehand. I did not receive an offer, but I am not sure if that was because I did not have any background experience in the finance industry beforehand and the competition did or what.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about when I was put in an uncomfortable position in the work place, just be sure to consider these beforehand.   Answer Question

Analyst - Technology Interview

The interview was really clean. They allowed you time to answer the questions and they were friendly.The process is long and tedious, I suggest one goes to Harvard or Yale in order to really get a good chance to work at this bank.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was they wanted me to build an LBO in 10 seconds, not sure if that is possible.   Answer Question

Market Risk Summer Analyst Interview

The interview was pretty technical. That was unexpected. The interviewer mostly asked about one project and dug every detail out of it. He did not ask abt any behavioral question. Be prepared with your coursework. It can be very tough.

Analyst Interview

Standard - online application consisted on CV and manually entering in data. Then online psychometric tests, there was one numerical but I think this depends on your division. Then interview in person at MS office with two members of the team. They ask you standard competency questions and also can ask some technical depending on the division.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

easy, 7-8 rounds of interviews.
    all behavioral questions. they were very supportive.
    they are looking for young energetic and confident candidates. just be yourself.
    try to say truth about yourself even though you are telling the qualities and demerits of yours.

Human Resources Summer Analyst Interview

I had 3 rounds of interview: phone--> video-->video
    As I was in LA, I went to their LA office for video interview. The questions were fairly expected and the interviewers were friendly.

Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2014.

Asked about some questions of algorithms and fundamental knowledge about network and database.
    There weren't too much about introducing yourself or like taking, but all the technical questions. It's actually the first interview in my life that looks like this.

Interview Questions
    • Sort an array and pick the pairs that's equal to K   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2014.

I submitted an online application form (just CV and Cover letter). Next, I was invited to a telephone interview, and it was very technical. I was asked some simple valuation questions, but then questions suddenly got significantly harder. In addition, I got couple of fit questions, for example team work, leadership and walk me through your CV.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2014.

First on campus interview followed by onsite interview. On campus interview revolved around reading files and manipulating that. then some database questions. After two weeks I got an email regarding an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • We had to do a team work and then two back to back 30 minute interviews which was not difficult   Answer Question