Morgan Stanley

3.2

Global Capital Markets Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Excellent process, started all interview calls on the day the deadline was due. HR was lovely and supportive.
    2 rounds of interviews, with a mix of behaviourial and technical questions. Quite a few valuation questions, what's going on in the marketplace etc.
    Interviewers were friendly, funny and honest - overall a very positive experience despite not getting the job!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose a particular multiple for the valuation of a certain company?   Answer Question

Executive Director, Technology Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Was looking for hands-on ED & questions were technical. Expect multiple rounds of interviews and this may vary based on the line of business that you are being interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • Questions can be techno-functional based on the line of business. As an example "how was straight through processing achieved in the reconcilation function of the back office application. What architecture principles were leveraged and did it help?"   Answer Question

Counter offer from current firm

Business Services Interview

Telephone interview with two people followed up by a face to face with the same two people at their HQ in London. Both didn't seem to understand the actual objective goals of the person that they were trying to hire, that is to say, they didn't really know what the person would be doing to help them progress with their programme of work and they didn't understand the knowledge and experience that was required for that person to do the job that they were being hired to do. After the second interview, it took nearly a month for them to complete their hiring process, doing credit checks and CRB checks, etc and verifying work history for the previous FIVE years. All for a THREE MONTH contract!

No negotiation possible.

Strats and Modeling Interview

first round
    Exam
    Second round (could have several)
    phone interview
    Third round
    superday
    They sent invitations for phone interview to students who passed the 1 hour exam
    And interviews are conducted by different teams like credit, IR..

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I got an interview on campus and then got invited back for a super day in New York. The day started with a group activity, then we had to say who we thought the leader was, then a writing sample. Following the activity, I had 3 1 on 1 interviews where I was asked different questions to gauge my personality. One technical question by on interviewer about accounting.

Summer Analyst Interview

Phone interview basic behavior question. Why MS, what MS do, and introduce yourself. The HR is very kind and try to motivate me to tell as more as possible. So there is no pressure during the interview, but I am so sad that cannot get the offer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I applied for the HK office. The process took around 2 months. phone interview+ skype+final round. Final round contains a case study. First round two analysts in Singapore office, second round one associate from HK office. Final round in NYC, met with around 4-5 professionals (VP and above)

Technology Spring Insight Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Whole process took about 3 weeks. First, had a very typical telephone interview, just speaking about cv and general competency questions. Was then invited to London for the assessment center for a group task and interview. The first half of the interview was competency questions and the second half was a technical question. Just asked to explain thought process.

Summer Analyst Interview

First level interview in campus. The interviewer was very friendly and gave puzzle to solve. Then selected for Super day at Morgan Stanley office. First they gave team activity. Then 2 levels of interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2014.

there were three one on one interviews with different managers and directors and a group project that we were given a case and presented to the same managers and directors it took about three hours, but overall was not that difficult

Interview Questions
    • All Behavioral questions - Example: Name a time you saw unethical behavior and how did you respond   Answer Question