Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

3.2

Global Capital Markets Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Excellent process, started all interview calls on the day the deadline was due. HR was lovely and supportive.
    2 rounds of interviews, with a mix of behaviourial and technical questions. Quite a few valuation questions, what's going on in the marketplace etc.
    Interviewers were friendly, funny and honest - overall a very positive experience despite not getting the job!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose a particular multiple for the valuation of a certain company?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

First there is a Resume drop through target schools career centers; then employees come to campus and conduct first-round on campus interviews; those selected by the school capitains will be invited for a Super-Day at the office; once that offer is secured you work with human resources and your school capitain towards a final desk placement

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do this job instead of tech, startup   Answer Question
    not applicable

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

It was pretty formal. Went through 4 rounds of interview. Due to restructuring, the process took much longer than anticipated. Questions were relatively straightforward. The most important thing is to get along with the hiring manager. If he/she has a good impression, you may at least get to the final round.

Technology Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Apply through university career website. Get an on campus interview. The interview was 40 mins long. It included basic math problems and basic coding problems (with the language of your preference ). The interviewer is helpful and friendly . But it has been at least two weeks , but I am still waiting for their response about whether or not I get into the next round ( same with some other friends who also interviewed) .

Interview Questions
    • Very basic coding questions and one simple math problem   View Answer

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Set up initially in conference room, brought through the building to 3 different interviews. All generally were fit questions, concluded with a group project working on a case study. Overall pretty simple interview, just read up on the company and have your story down beforehand. I did not receive an offer, but I am not sure if that was because I did not have any background experience in the finance industry beforehand and the competition did or what.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about when I was put in an uncomfortable position in the work place, just be sure to consider these beforehand.   Answer Question

Analyst - Technology Interview

The interview was really clean. They allowed you time to answer the questions and they were friendly.The process is long and tedious, I suggest one goes to Harvard or Yale in order to really get a good chance to work at this bank.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was they wanted me to build an LBO in 10 seconds, not sure if that is possible.   Answer Question

Market Risk Summer Analyst Interview

The interview was pretty technical. That was unexpected. The interviewer mostly asked about one project and dug every detail out of it. He did not ask abt any behavioral question. Be prepared with your coursework. It can be very tough.

Analyst Interview

Standard - online application consisted on CV and manually entering in data. Then online psychometric tests, there was one numerical but I think this depends on your division. Then interview in person at MS office with two members of the team. They ask you standard competency questions and also can ask some technical depending on the division.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

easy, 7-8 rounds of interviews.
    all behavioral questions. they were very supportive.
    they are looking for young energetic and confident candidates. just be yourself.
    try to say truth about yourself even though you are telling the qualities and demerits of yours.

Human Resources Summer Analyst Interview

I had 3 rounds of interview: phone--> video-->video
    As I was in LA, I went to their LA office for video interview. The questions were fairly expected and the interviewers were friendly.