NBCUniversal

Updated 21 Nov 2014
Updated 21 Nov 2014

2.8

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Took us out to a dinner that had only 2 recruiters for about 30 candidates. The interview had two interviewers. The questions were mainly behavioral. It took them over three weeks to get back to me about my results. Overall it was extremely unprofessional and the HR lady was rude and unaccommodating. My emails were never answered.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the changes in the structure in the recent years?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal in November 2014.

I first interviewed at a conference which went well, pretty casual questions and good vibes. After that I had to do a video interview ( which apparently is supposed to be first). I thought it was awful since you are using a video tool and are given a question and then timed to record your answer. I much rather talk to someone than watch myself talk on webcam. However I answered the questions fairly well i guess. Lastly I was given a phone interview which was also pretty short and casual. Overall it was a good interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the last time you thought out of the box and how did you do it   Answer Question

Ad Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Very straightforward, asking about my resume and experiences. And interests with regards to the company. Questions including Why NBCUniversal? What are your favorite NBCUniversal properties? What are you passionate about?

Director of Vendor Management Interview

The process was well managed. Five interviews in all with the proper stakeholders. Great opportunity with a very good media company. I ended up second in the process.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I applied online and was contacted about a month later. I had to do an online interview in which they record you answering questions, this video gets sent out to the different departments. About two weeks later I was contacted by a department for an interview. They asked a number of questions regarding my previous experience and how it would apply to the position

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

It was a simple interview process. Very relaxed and laid back. Asked about what was on your resume. If you had experienced. And talked a lot about some past experiences. Talked about education. Why I'm interested in the position. I interviewed for film finance internship.

Interview Questions
    • How specific did your relevant experience help you and that you think can bring to this internship   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

There is lack of communication between HR and the applicant. It can take months before you hear back. It would be nice to at least receive a system generated email informing you that you did not get the position. (This is standard for most large scale companies)

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

After about a month, I was contacted by HR via email with some basic questions. They forwarded my information to a specific department. I was then called in for an interview with that department a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really ask me any questions other than my availability   Answer Question

Digital Ad Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in October 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter to complete a preliminary video interview, and was given 48 hours to complete it. The video interview consisted of about 6 questions (that i will list below). The system gave you a practice questions just so you could play everything back and make sure that it was satisfactory to you. I completed the video on Thursday night (due Friday). Friday morning I was contacted that the Ad Ops team would like to have me in for an in person and I scheduled an appointment for Tuesday afternoon. I met with three AMAZING members of the NBC Sports Ad Ops team all asked behavioral questions, the conversation with the VP was the best and most comfortable more about getting to know me. Two days later (Thursday) I was contacted by another member of HR who requested I provide 3 references and schedule an appointment with the HR Director for the following Monday. HR Director for the Ad Ops team was so friendly and polite and just asked basic questions about my background and interests, again very conversational, and informed me that this was the last phase of the interview process. On Wednesday, I followed up with the HR point person and got an automated email informing me that she was out of town until the following week. Approx 10 minutes after I sent the message I got a call from the same individual telling me that I was being offered the position. NBC hands down has the kindest most professional and efficient HR teams (at least Ad Ops), best hiring experience I've ever had!

Interview Questions
    Not too much of a negotiation. This is an entry level position and I feel for the industry the offer was fair.

Page Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

The interview process was discouraging. The first step, an introductory phone call, was the basic hiring questions that come from your resume. For example, tell us about your previous work, etc. The next interview was unexpected. I was asked to do a web cam interview. It would seem straightforward, but I found the web cam to be extremely impersonal. I was disappointed by this step.

Interview Questions
    • Sell NBCUniversal to potential clients in 1.5mins or less.   Answer Question