NBCUniversal Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014
Updated 28 Oct 2014

2.8

Director of Vendor Management Interview

The process was well managed. Five interviews in all with the proper stakeholders. Great opportunity with a very good media company. I ended up second in the process.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I applied online and was contacted about a month later. I had to do an online interview in which they record you answering questions, this video gets sent out to the different departments. About two weeks later I was contacted by a department for an interview. They asked a number of questions regarding my previous experience and how it would apply to the position

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

It was a simple interview process. Very relaxed and laid back. Asked about what was on your resume. If you had experienced. And talked a lot about some past experiences. Talked about education. Why I'm interested in the position. I interviewed for film finance internship.

Interview Questions
    • How specific did your relevant experience help you and that you think can bring to this internship   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

There is lack of communication between HR and the applicant. It can take months before you hear back. It would be nice to at least receive a system generated email informing you that you did not get the position. (This is standard for most large scale companies)

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

After about a month, I was contacted by HR via email with some basic questions. They forwarded my information to a specific department. I was then called in for an interview with that department a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really ask me any questions other than my availability   Answer Question

Page Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

The interview process was discouraging. The first step, an introductory phone call, was the basic hiring questions that come from your resume. For example, tell us about your previous work, etc. The next interview was unexpected. I was asked to do a web cam interview. It would seem straightforward, but I found the web cam to be extremely impersonal. I was disappointed by this step.

Interview Questions
    • Sell NBCUniversal to potential clients in 1.5mins or less.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

interviewed at NBCUniversal in October 2014.

Applied and was contacted immediately by an HR rep via email. I was asked to take a webcam interview to be considered for the respective department. It was sort of annoying having to speak to a camera as opposed to a human being. The questions were pretty standard. The interview is timed but you are allowed practice and one redo.

NBC Digital Sales Planner Interview

Standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Very straightforward, interviewers were very nice. Lots of questions about former roles and future goals. I felt as ease the entire time. First two interviews are over the phone, and then I was asked in twice to the office to meet with future team members. Last interview is with HR

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

I received an email and two phone calls, promptly after my application informing me that I was accepted for an online interview. After a series of non-timed questions appeared on the screen before the interview. The actual interview recorded me answering three questions over webcam. I was able to redo my interview once before submitting it. Two weeks later, I followed up and learned that this pre-interview is used to send out to different applicable departments within the studio.

Human Resources/Talent Acquisition New York Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2014.

I interviewed for a New York City opportunity within HR/Talent Acquisition. The recruiter lead approached me on LinkedIn but was based in California and would be my direct manager. I was grilled and belittled in conversation about my background when this person had more moves in their career than I did. Talk about a negative connotation! This person contacted me initially and would be my manager. You would think they would want to attract the talent as opposed to turn them off. I did my best to remain composed and professional with a disregard to this person's apparent anger over the phone.

Interview Questions

Although I did receive an offer, the tone was set on the phone that this person has no management experience and will be condescending if we worked together. I've been in this industry for a long time to read people's behavior and either they themselves are not happy or something is going on with the department. Overall, I am unhappy that I wasted my time and missed out on an opportunity with such a large firm due to a bad seed.