NCO Financial Interview Questions

Updated 23 Sep 2014
Updated 23 Sep 2014

2.1

Cus Service Representative NCO Interview

Quick and fast. Hired at initial interview. I completed the application onsite. I was later called in the next day for an interview. Was I accepted the offer and was in the training class in two weeks.

None

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at NCO Financial in September 2014.

Was called by a recruiter.Interview took about 5minutes waiting for back ground check. Still awaiting call back to see if I will be hired. The interviewer was kind and brief. Was told the interview would be an hour long but it was barely 10minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What company rules at your last job didn't you agree with.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Filled out an application online, shortly thereafter received an invite to an interview. Went through my history as a customer service representative. Within a few days an offer was made, pending the results of the drug test. Was hired on an went through 4 weeks of training.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle the angry customer that is cursing you and refuses to let you speak?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, it was take it or leave it. They feel that with the job being a work from home job, the pay does not have to be competitive.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCO Financial in May 2014.

Application online received a call the next day for a ten minute phone interview and had face to face interview which lasted about 30 minutes. From there I was given a form to do a drug test. I received a email to do a typing test.

No negotiation

Collections Interview

Hired from online portal

Collector Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NCO Financial.

After I applied online, the human resources called me asking a few questions about my application, stated that i needed to make sure i can work weekends and holidays and to fix it. Called me back for an interview at 930 am, i showed up 20 minutes earlier, she gave me a basic interview asking about my previous jobs, also stated that all my references needed to be from my jobs related to collecting, told me shed get me a second interview with a manager, he asked me my experience as well, told me the pay rate i was asking for $20 was too high and no one there gets paid that high, said he would talk to his boss and contact me but otherwise i got the job. The next day i got an email saying someone else got the position.

CSR-Banking Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NCO Financial.

Submitted resume and application online on their Careers Website. Received a phone call within a day to verify submitted information and to schedule a phone interview for the following morning with a specific recruiter. Phone interview was scheduled to occur at any point within a 1-hour window. Phone interview focused on current and former employment, verification of reference information, and a few typical interview questions about previous customer service experience. Provided information about the 14-week training program and being available for any shift between 6AM - Midnight. Scheduled in-person interview for the next afternoon at their office.

In-person interview consisted of a one-on-one meeting with an HR professional. Asked questions about skills, experience and availability for shifts and 14-week training with no absences. Training to occur Mon-Fri 6:30AM - 3:00PM. Then was given a short typing test, and a short test written covering basic windows functions. Was asked to read aloud a couple of paragraphs - be sure to enunciate and put some expression in your voice. Then was asked to perform basic Word functions of copying, pasting, printing, saving the file and closing Word. Then reviewed the job description, making some changes such as inbound calls only, and a discussion of possible training start dates (2 dates offered), Then asked to wait for Security to conduct fingerprinting and then sent with form to take a drug screening within 24 hours of the interview end time (exact time noted on the form for the testing lab).
    Informed that I would hear within a week, after completion of pre-employment reference verifications and background checks. Signed several release forms for this process. Interview and fingerprinting took about 1.5 hours, and I immediately went to the lab for the drug screening which took less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult but most unexpected was the reading aloud exercise. Not difficult though.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at NCO Financial in June 2011.

First step is the phone interview speaking with the recruiter for the company, and then the second step is meeting with the recruiter and discussing the position, and answering/asking any questions in that interview. The third and final step is sitting down with the immediate floor supervisor and being interviewed by one of the two supervisors, and being interviewed by one of the two as well.

Interview Questions
    • How well would you handle a certain situation with a customer on a phone call?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NCO Financial in February 2011.

This is part 1 of 2 part process - The telephone interview lasted about 30 minutes - interviewed by phone by Recruiter -
    Consisted of two parts Work History Review and Customer Service Situational/Behavioral based questions.
    The Recruiter was professional in his questioning methods and made an effort to actively listen. Seemed to be somewhat perceptive without judgement. Invited into office for group interview.

Interview Questions
    • what did you do in the position that relates to the job for which you are applying and why did you leave?   View Answer
    • If you owned the company what would you expect for attendance from your employees. How many days off would you allow in a 90 day period before you would become concerned?   View Answer
    • What three words would your manager, co-worker, use to describe you? Two questions. First your manager is asked then your co-worker.   View Answer
    • What are the most important skills for a customer service representative?   View Answer
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for your customer?   View Answer

MobileMe Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at NCO Financial in November 2010.

You fill out the app, they call and invite you to take the competency test, if you pass the test you get a face to face interview, then if the interviewer likes you you'll get a second interview which is an offer and you'll be given the training start date.

Interview Questions
    • The test may be hard to some who aren't tech waay about apple products and services!   Answer Question
    There's no negotiating salary so don't bother. Only thing I would bring up is availability up front!