NCO Financial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Collector Interview

Collector
Getzville, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NCO Financial in October 2010.

Interview Details Basic structured interview nothing unexpected

Interview Question – They do need to speak with a manager from your last employer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None offered be base pay

Debt Collector Interview

Debt Collector
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NCO Financial in February 2009.

Interview Details Easy, they call you for the phone interview and ask basic questions and no matter how bad you do on the interview they want you to come in. There is a 1 on 1 interview that take 30 mins and is REALLY EASY! after you do some skills typing test and get the offer letter right away. I had co-workers there who could hardly speak english and they got the job. They take anyone. No standards at all.

Interview Question – None really, again a very simple interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Either take it or leave it!

Collections Interview

Collections

Interviewed at NCO Financial

Interview Details Hired from online portal

Interview Question – None, average questions   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Collector

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NCO Financial.

Interview Details After I applied online, the human resources called me asking a few questions about my application, stated that i needed to make sure i can work weekends and holidays and to fix it. Called me back for an interview at 930 am, i showed up 20 minutes earlier, she gave me a basic interview asking about my previous jobs, also stated that all my references needed to be from my jobs related to collecting, told me shed get me a second interview with a manager, he asked me my experience as well, told me the pay rate i was asking for $20 was too high and no one there gets paid that high, said he would talk to his boss and contact me but otherwise i got the job. The next day i got an email saying someone else got the position.

Interview Question – -why would you be a good collector   Answer Question

CSR-Banking Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NCO Financial.

Interview Details Submitted resume and application online on their Careers Website. Received a phone call within a day to verify submitted information and to schedule a phone interview for the following morning with a specific recruiter. Phone interview was scheduled to occur at any point within a 1-hour window. Phone interview focused on current and former employment, verification of reference information, and a few typical interview questions about previous customer service experience. Provided information about the 14-week training program and being available for any shift between 6AM - Midnight. Scheduled in-person interview for the next afternoon at their office.

In-person interview consisted of a one-on-one meeting with an HR professional. Asked questions about skills, experience and availability for shifts and 14-week training with no absences. Training to occur Mon-Fri 6:30AM - 3:00PM. Then was given a short typing test, and a short test written covering basic windows functions. Was asked to read aloud a couple of paragraphs - be sure to enunciate and put some expression in your voice. Then was asked to perform basic Word functions of copying, pasting, printing, saving the file and closing Word. Then reviewed the job description, making some changes such as inbound calls only, and a discussion of possible training start dates (2 dates offered), Then asked to wait for Security to conduct fingerprinting and then sent with form to take a drug screening within 24 hours of the interview end time (exact time noted on the form for the testing lab).
Informed that I would hear within a week, after completion of pre-employment reference verifications and background checks. Signed several release forms for this process. Interview and fingerprinting took about 1.5 hours, and I immediately went to the lab for the drug screening which took less than 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Nothing was very difficult but most unexpected was the reading aloud exercise. Not difficult though.   Answer Question

Cus Service Representative NCO Interview

Cus Service Representative NCO
Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at NCO Financial in December 2008.

Interview Details One day process. Just go to the Recruitement Area 4th ELJ Bldg.

Interview Question – Some hypothetial questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Well it was my first call center.

MobileMe Advisor Interview

Charlotte, NC (US)

The process took 6 days - interviewed at NCO Financial in November 2010.

Interview Details You fill out the app, they call and invite you to take the competency test, if you pass the test you get a face to face interview, then if the interviewer likes you you'll get a second interview which is an offer and you'll be given the training start date.

Interview Question – The test may be hard to some who aren't tech waay about apple products and services!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiating salary so don't bother. Only thing I would bring up is availability up front!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at NCO Financial in June 2011.

Interview Details First step is the phone interview speaking with the recruiter for the company, and then the second step is meeting with the recruiter and discussing the position, and answering/asking any questions in that interview. The third and final step is sitting down with the immediate floor supervisor and being interviewed by one of the two supervisors, and being interviewed by one of the two as well.

Interview Question – How well would you handle a certain situation with a customer on a phone call?   Answer Question

Division Manager Interview

Division Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at NCO Financial in October 2010.

Interview Details It was very laid back, no structure, it was like they interviewed because they had to. They had no interest in me, as if the decision was already made. I could have aced the interview but it didnt matter

Interview Questions

Collections Representative Interview

Collections Representative
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at NCO Financial in November 2009.

Interview Details Management seemed to pass me on from one manager to the next. Seemed like no one there wanted to make a decision. Very unorganized. Corporate but all of the hiring managers were not able to give me any definitive answers on any of my questions. Seemed odd to me.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for NCO Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NCO Financial interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews are posted anonymously by NCO Financial employees and interview candidates.