NCsoft Interview Questions

Updated 12 Mar 2015

3.2

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NCsoft (Orange, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an initial 20 minute call with the HR Recruiter. A few days later a phone interview was setup with the Sr. Producer. This second phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of the standard questions you'd expect from an interview.

For example:
    Do you play NCSoft titles? Do you play competitive titles of ours?
    What is your Producer Methodology?
    Why do you want to work at NCSoft?
    What is a standard day in the life of you at your current position?

Both interviewers did a great job explaining what NCSoft is about, what the direction of the company currently is and the expectations and responsibilities of the Producer at this company.

I found both interviewers very easy to talk to and forthcoming with answers to the various questions I had. Unfortunately, the stage 2 phone interview was the last for me, more than likely due to my inexperience working on MMOs and lack of knowledge of NCSoft products. However, I found the experience to be a solid, professional one. The fact that they took a second to provide me a clear resolution, that I was not moving on to the next round of interviews, is much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• What is your Producer Methodology? What is a standard day in the life of you at your current position?   Answer Question

Senior Interactive Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NCsoft (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Their recruiter found me via LinkedIn and gave me a call. After speaking for a short period of time I stated I was interested and I believe we set up a time for an in-person team interview and I came in for about a 3hr long interview (i.e. typical portfolio review and hours of talking to the team) and afterwords I left. On my way out of the building I got a call with an offer and accepted. Pretty simple.

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted and they said, "okay".

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NCsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. Had a few phone calls and an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better than others at your job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple (at the time).

Game Programmer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at NCsoft in September 2011.

Interview

1. resume
    2. technical interview
    3. personality interview

Interview Questions

• quick sort, explain worst case.   Answer Question
    • explain c++ reference variable, where is this variable located in memory?

compare with java

Answer Question

Environment Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NCsoft (Mountain View, CA (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

-Applied online after seeing an opening for an environment artist and included a link to my webpage
    -Contacted by the company for a phone interview
    -Went into the studio for a formal interview (about 6 hours long) with reps from all disciplines
    -Given an art test (1 week deadline)
    -Offer made to me via phone

Interview Questions

• Describe the process you went through to complete the work seen in one of your portfolio pieces.   1 Answer
    • What brings you to this studio given that you are still gainfully employed?   1 Answer

Accepted offer closer to family in Seattle.

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NCsoft (Brighton, England (UK)) in May 2009.

Interview

After a positive application response, the process consisted of a phone interview then lead to an on-site interview. Only one interview was conducted on-site and lasted for a couple of hours, with a couple of written tests.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult, but a fair amount had subtle meanings to detect a personality profile.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was required as the contract was pretty standard and the pay corresponded to the average salary for the position at the time.