National Federation of Independent Business

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Olympia, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in February 2014.

Interview Details Contacted by NFIB employment rep who proceeded to explain the company and the "service" they sell. She indicated this was a straight commission based salary with possible bonuses when meeting quotas. Later in interview she asked how I would handle the high rate of potential client rejection!

Interview Question – How would I handle the high rate of rejection   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Outside Sales Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Interview Details Recruiter very rude and hung up precisely after I told him that straight commission after 4 weeks of training was not in my comfort level.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Membership Representative
Williamsport, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in October 2012.

Interview Details First you must send your resume to the Human Resources department. They will contact you and ask you a few questions about your resume as well as a few questions based on the job. They will also explain to you that this will be a commission based job and that you control your income based on what you do and how hard you work.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult questions honestly...   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Membership Representative
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in January 2010.

Interview Details they will hire anybody. everything is a numbers game with them. it is not uncommon for them to have more than 100% turnover in a given year so they'll take a chance on anyone.

Interview Question – Will you take the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They said, " We will not pay you anything unless you sell" and I said "OK"

Florence, KY (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in November 2011.

Interview Details Fill out application, regional recruiter contacts you via email then phone, recruiter coordinates initial contact with division manager, set place, date & time to meet for one on one interview, if both sides agree to move forward in the hiring process schedule/perform a ride along/job sample with a representative in territory close to home, execute a personality test online and if both sides agree then the on boarding process begins.

Interview Question – Is Government to big or do we need more Government in our lives?   View Answer

Field Sales Representative Interview

Field Sales Representative

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in December 2009.

Interview Details I had to do a personality test first, and according to how they score you on your test they determine if you are right to do this position, then I was contacted for a personal interview and was hired on the spot. Most of the people are professional however, what I was promised as far as territory and amount of renewals wasn't even close to what was promised in the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It is straight commission, so there is no negotiating other than there is flexibility in the territory that they will assign to you

Sales Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in June 2010.

Interview Details Initial phone contact only describes the postion and acts as a filter to determine if the candidate wants to proceed. This initial contact and the subsequent phone interview were done with the same recruiter whom I never met in person. The phone interview was not complex or difficult. Afterward, I took an online questionnaire/personality profile. A couple weeks later I met a more local district or regional manager for an in-person interview. This interview is the one I rate as difficult. It seemed very methodical in the way I was asked questions. I wouldn't be surprised if all interviews for this same position are the same. If I had been successful in that interview, I would have been asked back for a second in-person interview. But, alas, twas not to be.

Interview Question – Role play scenario in which I was asked to read one page of information and then answer questions as though I was a salesperson selling law firm retainers to small businesses.   Answer Question

State Director Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in February 2010.

Interview Details The interview was largely behavioral, asking for my impressions or wide ranging topics and what different ideas "mean to me". My resume was completely ignored, as it was expected that I provide my experience through story telling that fit the interviewer's needs. I felet the interview went well, but was not offered the position.

Interview Question – What is your impression of "small business"?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for National Federation of Independent Business? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Federation of Independent Business interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews are posted anonymously by National Federation of Independent Business employees and interview candidates.