Neiman Marcus

Updated 17 Nov 2014

2.6

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I applied online they scheduled me for an phone interview that last for about 15 mins it was basic questions. I went in and met with a manager who asked me about 15 mins worth a questions and then basically had me demonstrate how I would sell something in her department. She told me I basically had the job and she would call me in a few days. But they never called it was a waste of time.

Other Interview Reviews for Neiman Marcus

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2014.

I applied and then received a email and then call regarding completing a 12 page personality test. Once the test was finished they set up a 1 on 1 email at the store location.

The interview with HR was directed mostly about the contents of my resume and verifying that i had worked at these places. She double-checked the dates with me and asked me straight forwards questions.

After the HR interview I met with the manager of the department who asked me logistic questions about schedule and training. Much more friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most rewarding experience in customer service.   View Answer

I was told i would be receiving 10% commission but during the interview they said 3% so i declined.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

First you meet with the Human Resource manager to determine if you are a good fit for the company then you meet with the department manager and the merchandise manager. They can ask very specific question to see if you can do the job and also want to know if you have experience or a good clientele base.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I had 3 interviews total- 1 with HR, 1 with the DM and the sales associate and 1 with the Director. Very straightforward interview questions, no nonsense questions like remember a time..... or how did you......

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I applied online and was contacted by the end of the week via phone call, by the HR assistant. At this point I was briefly interviewed over the phone and asked why I am leaving my current job, why I want to work at Neiman Marcus and what customer service means to me. At the end of the call she said she'd love to have me come in for a interview. I then came in that next Wednesday for an interview with the HR manager and then she had me interview afterwards with 3 other people. At the end of this all the HR assistant said they'd be in touch with me. About 4 days later I was called and asked to come in for a second interview. During this interview they had me interview with a specific department manager they wanted to place me with and then I was given a tour of the store by this manager and then taken back to wait for the HR assistant again. She came in with an offer form and said they'd love to have me. I called later that day to accept the offer and she told me I would need to complete the drug test.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation they are pretty set in their offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2014.

Applied in person and received a call for an inperson interview with hr director and department manager shortly after. Simple retail oriented interview quetions. There was no room for negotiation as the position is commission based salary

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if customer wanted an item we did not have?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I applied online and was called less than a week later. At this time I was asked several questions over the phone about my experience. I was then invited for an in person interview, which actually consisted of 3 interviews (one with the assistant HR manager, one with HR manager, and finally an interview with the department manager). I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were terribly hard. Mostly what would you do in so and so situation and personality type questions. They know lots of issues come up with commission environments and want to know how you would handle situations where say your co-worker takes your sale.   View Answer
    All associates are on draw vs. commission, so there isn't much to negotiate. Each department you sell from has it's own percentage that you will receive from that sale (cosmetics 9%, jewelry 7.5%, shoes 9%, etc).

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in October 2013.

Applied Online, got a call back a few days later. Had a one on one interview with the HR department. He was a bit in a hurry right when i got there so that made me even more nervous. He asked me about 3 simple questions and asked if i had any questions for him, so i asked about the company. He then asked me my availability which was Full time. He then again asked me if i had any other questions for him. I did asked him a final question, he answered then AGAIN asked if i had any other questions for him.. Wait? i thought I was being interviewed! After i said no, he answered all my concerns he then stood up and said "Alright thank you." I was very very shocked. Grabbed my stuff and told him to have a great day. Even if i got i call back, i think i would have declined considering how i was treated.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Unprofessional interview. I was disappointed for such a big company, especially Neiman Marcus. I expected a class act and their interview process was not good. They called me over the phone and scheduled an interview. I drove an hour to get to the interview and then they called me just 20 minutes before my scheduled interview time and said they had to reschedule. I was sitting in the parking lot, well dressed and well prepared, waiting to go in when they called so I was already frustrated with them. We rescheduled for a couple of days later. When I finally got to the interview, the woman who interviewed me was constantly excusing herself and at one point asked me to wait in the lobby. I think in half an hour we started and stopped the interview at least three or four times. She hardly asked me much of anything, and she seemed like she just wanted to wrap it up and get out of there. At this point I just was not impressed and was not interested in working there.

Interview Questions
    • I really don't think there were any difficult questions at all. I expected the interview to be more in depth. I also was not able to ask the questions I wanted answered because she was in a hurry to wrap it up.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in September 2013.

It was very good. Very enthusiastic and positive. Was an extremely positive process. I interviewed with a lady first who asked me general questions on my experience and she gave me a few scenarios regarding retail and customer service, then I had an immediate 2nd interview with the HR manager who talked with me for about 40 minutes. Mainly an engaging conversation on general