Netflix

Getting the Interview

42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details Interview started with a phone screening which lasted 20 minutes and I was asked to come for an interactive interview the following week.I showed up for the interactive interview and there were around five other candidates.We were given a tour of the office and then led to the conference room to meet two HR folks and two other managers.We were individually asked basic customer service related questions and shown a PowerPoint presentation about Netflix.They kept stressing about the importance of being empathetic and understanding the customers.We all agreed and I thought the interactive part went well.Next we were given certain scenarios and we had to role play which was a bit nerve racking but fine.Then there was a computer test on how to find the best solutions for customers calling with general problems and then a written test.After that we shadowed a Netflix customer service rep and listened in on a call.I thought I had done well enough to be hired.Next we were walked to the door and told we would receive an email with a yes or no answer.I waited 3 days to hear back but got no response (these are the same people who stressed about the importance of customer service...what a joke) so I decided to email the recruiter and then got a reply saying they decided not to hire me since my background was not what they were looking for.My question is did they not know my background from my resume and I have been in a customer service role in almost every job I have done.How hard is it to take a call from a customer.This is not rocket science and does not require any specialized skill.Anyone can do this job. Why did they call me for an interview if my background was not what they were looking for.All my information was in my resume which they had.I really was unhappy with the end result. I feel that I was discriminated against.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details Applied online was called a few days later. Answered some questions over the phone and made it into the in person interview.

Interview Question – Have you ever used Netflix?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hard to say, the entire organization has likely changed a lot since then. I no longer use Netflix so I have little to do with them anymore and I'm not sure how much has changed. I did not negotiate much when I started starting salary was alright.

Customer Service Representative
Farmington Hills, MI (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Netflix in November 2013.

Interview Details Applied online in November 2013 and was called a few days after I applied, and was offered an in person interview for the next day. She told me Orientation if hired will being this Friday and will start working on Monday. for 90 days no call offs, no lateness. an agreeable hourly wage which will be bumped up after the 90 days. She asked me about my computer skills, customer service skills basic interview questions.

Frisco, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Netflix in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and with in a few days I received a call for a preliminary interview. I was then asked to interview in person the next day. I was offered a late night full time job position and as a full time student, I had to take a few hours to make a decision if I could afford a late night time schedule. The interviewer never gave me a call me back and I was disappointed, I would have taken the job offer.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty basic, before the interview I had to take 3 test. One grammar test, one WPM test, and another test over my knowledge on internet trouble shooting.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Aurora, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details I received a call. They asked a few basic questions(how does Netflix work, name some browsers) and called me in for an interview. I had a typing test and grammar test. The next day we had a hands on interview to see our customer service skills. We then got to sit in with a real chat agent. We sat there for ten minutes asking any questions and we then were all called into a room and the ones that made it were told they were accepted. Only one girl didn't get an offer.

Interview Question – How can you deal with an upset customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $8 per hour while training(training is 2 weeks) and $10 after training.

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details Interview process was pretty quick. Took a technical test for the first interview and then a face to face interview with a Team Lead. After that I took an interactive group interview where they weeded out the weaker prospects.

Interview Question – What is your 90 Day Plan if we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotioations.

Frisco, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Netflix in June 2013.

Interview Details Despite all the bad reviews I went ahead and took the opportunity to work for this company. I had my second interview today and got hired. The managers there are awesome and very friendly the interview was fun . I even got the chance to talk to some employees who told me that they love working there .

Interview Question – Just normal interview questions , with a little bit of roleplaying .nothing difficult   View Answer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details Applied on craigslist or netflix.com/careers. Call from hiring manager with a mock phone call first thing.

Interview Question – Mock phone call.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no.

Very Easy Interview

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Netflix in September 2012.

Interview Details I sent in application via website and received a call later that day to set an initial telephone interview for the following day. During the phone interview, I was asked basic questions like "Tell me about yourself," "Why this company," "What does customer service mean to you." I guess I passed first impressions on the phone so I made an appointment for the group/interactive interview onsite two days after that.

Came to call center and waited in the lobby with the other interviewees and mingled until we were called in by the Operations Manager for a tour. Then we were led to a conference room where there were two recruiting people waiting for us. There, they just talked more about the position and the company culture. After all the introduction stuff, we did an icebreaker (if you could be a villain, who and why?) and then we got into groups of two to do an activity where we had to pick out good traits that we thought the other person had and what they could improve on. Then they gave us a sheet of paper with different company roles for our 'company' and had to figure out who would do what (a test to see how people work together).

After all that, we went to the call center area and partnered up with a representative and listened in on their calls with customers. One by one, we were walked out by one of the recruiting people so we can either ask questions or just talk about what we thought. I was told that they would take the next day or two to figure out who they wanted.

They got back to me via email to let me know that I didn't get it because they felt like I wasn't right for the position, in which I didn't get because I work in customer service. Oh well. I did appreciate that they got back to me pretty quickly, but then again, they were on a tight schedule and if I was hired, I would start my training in a week.

The center is new and nice, but nothing to rave about. I thought it would look nicer, but I guess it is what it is for a call center.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty general: Why Netflix? What is customer service to you? Give an example of a difficult customer (I tried to be all cool by saying "not difficult customer, just difficult situation."   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Netflix in August 2012.

Interview Details After applying through the company's website using LinkedIn, I was contacted by a recruiter the very next day. She set up a phone interview for the following week. The conversation consisted of the standard, generic interview questions that many inexperienced recruiters ask. At the end of the interview she asked me to come in for a group interactive interview the following week.

Once there, I saw my recruiter, another recruiter, the operations manager, two HR managers (who only came to listen for a little bit), one CS supervisor, and five other applicants. Everyone was very friendly, yet it felt a little robotic and superficial. They informed us they were going to try a few new interview techniques after we sat through an informational powerpoint presentation. The powerpoint was basically verbatim off the company website. I felt like it was a waste of time... They gave us the opportunity to start a fake business and pick out our roles based on a list they provided. Then, we had to discuss why we chose those roles and why we would be a good fit for them, although I think we all were a little confused on what we were supposed to say... They said they were running out of time and had to skip the other exercises, so we moved on. Veritably, it felt a little pointless. We then toured the facility and broke up into groups of two. We got to meet with a CSR and listen in on calls while the team discussed our candidacy in private. The operations manager came out and asked individuals one-by-one to either come into his office, where he offered the interviewees a job, or walk them to the door, where he would tell them they "would hear from the recruiter regarding next steps." The annoying part was how long he made people wait, especially those he wasn't even considering.

Overall: I left with a good impression of the company. It appears they treat their employees well, but it's definitely limited in terms of growth. The recruiting staff is young and inexperienced; yes, it shows. The management wants to make you feel as though you're valued, whether that to be true or not is unknown.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions, just a few pointless ones.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Netflix

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees and interview candidates.