New York Life Intern Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

2.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (New York, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus recruiting. Was notified for an interview a few weeks after applying. The interview was solely behavioral and felt more like a conversation. They sent a letter saying I didn't make it to the final round about a week later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Intern Interview

Interview

One phone interview with a recruiter for first round of screening.
    Second interview over the phone with potential manager and mentor in a department that the company chooses.
    If that department if not what you are looking for, the whole process is repeated

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Interns make $18 per hour

Intern Interview

Interview

Fairly simple. Met and discussed with a licensed agent as well as a partner of the company. In total there were three interviews. All of the interviews/meetings lasted no longer then thirty minutes. Interviews were in a relaxed environment. I was nervous going into it but felt comfortable once things got started.

Interview Questions

• Questions were relatively general. How to deal with rejection, what are your world concerns, your greatest skill to attribute to the company. They threw a curve ball by asking what my favorite animal was and why.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly strung out. Not completely clear as to what compensation would be.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Baltimore, MD (US)).

Interview

Applied through a campus recruiting tool. A recruiter followed up with an email and a personality test. Then there was a one on one interview with the Partner. Very quick and easy process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Met the partner at a career fair and got signed up for an interview the next morning. Initial interview was very informative about the company, office, and position. A second interview was scheduled immediately two days later. More extensive interview, lasted about an hour. A third interview was to be scheduled at my convenience and interest.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Baltimore, MD (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward and consisted of 3-4 interview sessions. I applied for this position through InternMatch.com and received an interview invitation the following week. The first and second interview was behavioral-focused and conversational. During the 3rd interview I was asked to "pitch" information from a company packet and "sell" the company and the company product to a prospective client. My interviewer said that he thought he had told me to prepare materials and talking points for the pitch, but when I said I had no idea about the pitch, he said that he would give me 5-minutes to prep something. I believe that my interviewer used this strategy to see how I was able to think on my feet and react under pressure. Overall, a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What can you tell me about New York Life? If you had to acquire 5 clients in a week, what ways could you acquire those 5 clients?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at New York Life in February 2014.

Interview

Contacted via email by HR to set up a preliminary behavioral interview. During this interview, I got to specify what areas I was interested in. Went on to have a second/final-round interview with the CVP that would become my manager. Was more like an informational interview with my manager than a behavioral/resume interview for me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (New York, NY (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied through university career website, approved for interview request. Interview was simple, nothing really surprising, mostly behavioral questions. Called in for 2nd round interview at NY HQ. Orientation, lunch meet and greet, 5 one-on-one interviews for the duration of 4 hours. Mostly behavioral questions, with some specificity to the insurance industry.

Interview Questions

• What is statutory accounting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't budge on salary since housing is provided at a local university

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Got a phone interview, did not get the offer, was asked pretty difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• had to explain very technical stuff   1 Answer