Newell Rubbermaid

Updated 10 Dec 2014
Updated 10 Dec 2014

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

I submitted a resume' to the through the company website. I was contacted eight months latter and asked if I was still interested; to which I responded yes. I had a phone interview with HR and then was brought in and interviewed by HR, then the division CFO and finally the hiring manager. The hiring manager was uncomfortable. He interviewed me over lunch, which I paid for.

Take it or leave it, they knew I was recently downsized by my previous employer and needed the job.

Dec 10, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2014.

The interview process was fantastic. They make you feel relaxed and probed you where necessary so that you could provide the most detailed answer possible. In terms of structure I had a series of phone and face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few difficult questions including some about their competitors and plans for expansion.   Answer Question

Dec 15, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. Welcome to the Newell Rubbermaid team!

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in September 2014.

It was a really good process up until the interviews were over. The recruiter was friendly and communicative, and after the phone screen, she scheduled in-person interviews, which I thought went pretty well. One of the interviewers had an all-day meeting, so I spoke with him a couple of days later. I thought everything was going fairly well and that I was a viable candidate. Despite the crazy commute it would have been, I was seriously considering the opportunity. Until I never heard back, even though I was submitted as a referral by an employee. I must say I was shocked, as most companies would have followed up to say they were exploring other candidates, the budget was cut, the process would take a bit longer, I was not a good fit... something, anything. But over 2 weeks with no word means it's not a place I'd ever consider working. It's a shame.

Dec 10, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to provide a best-in-class interview process and would like to learn more about your experience. Feel free to send ... More

FSCM Research Specialist Interview

The hiring and interview process was good. I had a great interview with the person who would be my supervisor. The interview was thorough. Once the job was offered and I was hired they did a background check and drug testing. Everything went smoothly and the transition was easy.

Aug 18, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Glad to hear and welcome to the team!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

It stats with a phone interview. Then I met with three managers internally for interview (each individually). After that, they offered a job over the phone. It was not a very difficult process.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate as it was only an internship.

Jul 31, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you decided to join us for your internship!

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in July 2014.

Included a phone interview and then a follow up with four interviews in person. Questions included:
    Why do you want this job? Describe your process when you get a new project? Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult colleague. What are you looking for in your next role? Describe a time when you worked in a group. What professional accomplishment are you most proud of? Tell me about a time you motivated others. Tell me about a time you successfully worked cross-functionally, without having direct management authority over the resources you were overseeing.

Aug 26, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your interest in a career with Newell Rubbermaid. We hope you'll keep us in mind for future opportunities!

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Applied online via their website. Received a call in a few days for a phone screening with HR. Then a phone screen with the hiring manager. Final was an onsite interview in which I interviewed with about 4 people for 45 minutes each.

Jun 23, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Glad to hear that you had a positive interview experience. We're glad to have you join the team!

SAP Security Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

I was solicited with the internship during a diversity career fair at the University of Georgia by a recruiter. She emailed me the next day and I interviewed with her over the phone. This interview was very basic and behaviorally generic. A few days later, she scheduled a phone interview for me with the SAP Senior Manager from their Internal Audit department. This interview was a little less behavioral and we casually discussed my experiences and educational background with internal controls. A few days after the phone interview, I was contacted by the recruiter again for an office interview. During the office interview, I interviewed with an HR representative, the VP of Internal Audit, then again with the Senior Manager.
    I was contacted a few hours later when I returned to UGA with the offer for the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you worked in a group and a group member was being difficult.   Answer Question

Brand Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

I applied through my school after hearing about the opportunity.

It was a longer process then I thought it would be (spanning over 3 months). There was the initial phone screening interview, a second phone interview, and two face-to-face interviews at their office. The face-to-face interviews were with three different people each time. This is because there were 3 different marketing intern positions.

Everyone I talked to and interviewed with are exceptional people. Smart, nice, creative, and innovative. The interview process (although I was a bit nervous) was smooth and relaxed. They made me feel welcome.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2014.

Initially had applied to company through online sources. It took a head hunter to get a foot in the door. First phone interview was with and engineering manager. Next was an onsite interview with upper team members (one on one). The questions were not bad. Included was a CAD test which I did poorly on. The laptop I was small and the color scheme settings were difficult to deal with in a well lighted room. (you might want to bring calipers). The expense reimbursement was slow - took about a month.

Jun 23, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Newell Rubbermaid! We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future opportunities.