Nokia Networks Interview Questions

Updated 23 Apr 2015

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Sydney) in April 2011.

Interview

one interview session with two interviewer, managed by a hiring Agent. Interview result and appointed within a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

flexible time

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Sydney) in August 2009.

Interview

2 Panel Interviews - Situational Interview

Interview Questions

• Please explain your greatest failure and what you learnt from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation - a tiny bit of flexibility.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Melbourne) in May 2008.

Interview

Two interviews. Fairly casual.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical questions about behaviour in specific situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward offer. Little room to negotiate but offer was reasonable

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Nokia Networks.

Interview

It's quite easy for me. I worked at Motorola before and Motorola networks was acquired by Nokia networks in 2011. After that, I transferred to Nokia networks. I didn't even change office but change the company.

Solution Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nokia Networks.

Interview

average
    4 rounds
    1st written then two technical + HR
    first round consisted of aptitude and technical communication
    and then 2nd round technical interview, it was simple they asked us about our resume and little bit of technical questions.
    third round the further asked more about technical knowledge and then final consisted of simple HR informal round.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Athens (Greece)) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruitment process was as a first step an assesment session on some basic knowledge of programming and network knowledge. Then if you pass this stage, you are called for a first interview line managers. The interview lasted half an hour and was very demanding. Finally if you pass this stage you go to an interview with hr manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a flaw that you are trying to improve and how you improve it.   Answer Question

Telecommunications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Irving, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Got called to setup a face-to-face interview after meeting with some recruiters at a university career fair two months earlier and submitting an application online.

Interview was 3-to-1, fairly easy behaviorial questions (there aren't any technical), the atmosphere was calm and the interviewers were friendly. Two guys were older employees and the third was a new hire that had been working there for about two months.

After the interview, they talked about what I could expect on the job, travel, different teams, etc. As a bonus, I got invited to stick around after a tour of the labs and the building to attend a company social that was occurring that day to meet some of my possible coworkers and to get a feel of what my work environment would be like.

Everything happened fairly quickly, after the interview I got feedback the next day from the recruiter. HR sent me a bunch of pre-screening forms (background check, drug test) and applications. Within a week I received my offer.

Interview Questions

• All behaviorial, just prepare to talk about yourself, look over the typical questions and you'll do great.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't really one. I got pretty much what I asked for.

Customer Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Athens (Greece)).

Interview

I applied through the company website, sent my CV and a cover letter. I was contacted to proceed to the first stage of the hiring process (group interview + written test of 1h30min) and asked to send an essay prior to that. Moved on to the second interview on 1:1 basis and never got a response on behalf of the HR team. Overall, very long process and lack of follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 positive and 1 negative trait of your personality.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Athens (Greece)) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process in Nokia is consisted of three stages. In the first stage there is a test and a team assesment. In the second stage there is an interview and in the third stage there is a benefit interview.

Interview Questions

• 1)First stage:75 multiple choice questions in 75 minutes.
      a)First 25 questions:choose between Java or C.
      b)Second 25 questions: unix/bash programming
      c)Last 25:TCP/IP networking.

Answer Question
    • OOP questions about inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation etc.   Answer Question
    • Projects you have worked on   Answer Question
    • Memory management. Malloc, heap, stack   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nokia Networks.

Interview

Assesment test. Java/Linux&Bash/TCP/IP. Moving on to technical interview, about an hour. Questions ranged from core fundamentals of a language you said you are familiar with, background and some easy Telecommunication questions. Lastly, they conducted an interview with HR stuff and other managers. They were looking for confident and logical individuals.