Nokia Networks

Updated 23 Feb 2015
Updated 23 Feb 2015

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks in April 2011.

one interview session with two interviewer, managed by a hiring Agent. Interview result and appointed within a couple of weeks.

flexible time

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks in August 2009.

2 Panel Interviews - Situational Interview

Interview Questions
    • Please explain your greatest failure and what you learnt from it.   Answer Question
    Minimal negotiation - a tiny bit of flexibility.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks in May 2008.

Two interviews. Fairly casual.

Interview Questions
    • Hypothetical questions about behaviour in specific situations.   View Answer
    Straight forward offer. Little room to negotiate but offer was reasonable

Customer Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)
    Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nokia Networks.

I applied through the company website, sent my CV and a cover letter. I was contacted to proceed to the first stage of the hiring process (group interview + written test of 1h30min) and asked to send an essay prior to that. Moved on to the second interview on 1:1 basis and never got a response on behalf of the HR team. Overall, very long process and lack of follow-up.

Interview Questions
    • Name 3 positive and 1 negative trait of your personality.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nokia Networks in February 2015.

The hiring process in Nokia is consisted of three stages. In the first stage there is a test and a team assesment. In the second stage there is an interview and in the third stage there is a benefit interview.

Interview Questions
    • 1)First stage:75 multiple choice questions in 75 minutes.
      a)First 25 questions:choose between Java or C.
      b)Second 25 questions: unix/bash programming
      c)Last 25:TCP/IP networking.

Answer Question
    • OOP questions about inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation etc.   Answer Question
    • Projects you have worked on   Answer Question
    • Memory management. Malloc, heap, stack   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nokia Networks.

Assesment test. Java/Linux&Bash/TCP/IP. Moving on to technical interview, about an hour. Questions ranged from core fundamentals of a language you said you are familiar with, background and some easy Telecommunication questions. Lastly, they conducted an interview with HR stuff and other managers. They were looking for confident and logical individuals.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks.

Applied online through Nokia Networks website. Two weeks later I received a phone call inviting me to do some programming tests in Codility (3 test in 90 minutes). One week later I was invited to a personal interview (technical panel). Between two and four weeks later they make a decision (still waiting for a response)

Interview Questions
    • Technical panel was conducted by two software engineers who made questions from basic to advanced level in fields like:
      - C/C++
      - Python
      - Mobile technologies
      - Shell commands in Linux
      - Software development and testing

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Nokia Networks in February 2015.

Written test, in written test there will be 3 question on core java, not collections. 3 questions are programs, you need to write logic using core java, questions on exceptions, Threads, this part you should finish in 50 minutes. Another part is logic programs, for this you will be having 40m minute. Both parts will be available at time, but you need to finish second logic part first, otherwise application will will close session for it.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to convert number N of base X to number of base Y.   View Answer
    • Two people are depositing a money at a time to a same account. You should implement it in given thread class with synchronization and run test case to verify it.   View Answer
    • Custom Exception implementations we need to know, question on Enumerations. Playing card program on enumerations   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nokia Networks in February 2015.

Written (Verbal,Logical Reasoning and C),Technical Interview and HR each process are eliminating round.
    Get your C language basic clear.Data Structure was the favorite topic of panel prepare thoroughly.
    Written exam was 85 mins
    1.Verbal 10 question 10 mins
    2.Logical Reasoning 35 question 40 mins
    3.C 30 question 35 mins

Interview Questions
    • Implement user defined function for strcmp library function?   Answer Question

Telecommunications Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nokia Networks.

University recruitment. It was a Skype interview with 3 employees of different divisions. Lasted about an hour. Very nice people. Behavioral Interview. They go over your resume so be sure to highlight and explain what you have there really well.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my hobbies and or what I did on my free time.   Answer Question