Nordstrom Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015
1,297 Interview Reviews

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. I went through two interviews, one that was a little more casual and quick and the next more lengthy and in-depth. Since I could not meet with the interview team face to face for my second interview because I was in college, they were accommodating and allowed me to have a phone interview which they assured me would not sway their decision one way or another.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Easy. Went in for face to face interview and basically reviewed my resume and past experience and was offered the job. There was a phone "screening" that followed for behaviour analysis.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you did something nice for someone without expecting anything in return?   1 Answer

Negotiation

non existent. Was already at the top of the pay tier so was offered the maximum they could offer.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Small room. One on one with assistant department manager. The hiring manager wrote down some things that I said. I've interviewed for different positions in the store and every time the management team is difficult to read. I can't ever tell if they're excited to hire me or not. Maybe they're just worn out by the job. Overall very friendly and professional interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried. They said that's the highest we can go.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Very easy. Selling techniques are sought after. You get a phone interview first. Once you pass that, you are told to come in for a one on one interview which was pretty easy.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Got 4 interview processes, first with the assistant manager then the actual manager, with the brand i wanted to work and then the account executive. It was easy. They wanted more to ask about you and they talk in depth about the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you grow a counter business.   1 Answer

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom (Redondo Beach, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied online for the Cerritos location. I got called for an interview about 2 days later from the assistant manager from the South Bay Galleria. I scheduled an interview for the next week.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I handled customer situations at my previous jobs. I.was asked to sell my handbag.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. You make commission only.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Portland, OR (US)).

Interview

I appreciated the interview process. Because I was a former Nordstrom employee I found the questions asked to be very easy and was able to directly apply the Nordstrom values to my responses. The Nordstrom values are very important to know before the interview.

Visual Stylist Interview

Interview

Applied for Job online and then invited me to video interview. completed a video interview at home that you record yourself and send in. They reviewed it and invited me to an in-person interview. Interview was at the Nordstrom location I was applying for. The interviewer was the visuals manager and she was really nice and friendly. She asked me questions from a packet and wrote them down and let me ask her a bunch of questions. Then I did 3 pulls for a trend. They are still conducting interviews and so I am still waiting for decisions to be made.

Retail Management Intenship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Qué person qdo interviewed me really nice, pretty strait forward. I applied online, get an email from nordstrom to confirm date and time for the first interview( pretty set questionary -video interview) then contact me within 3 days to set up an appointment for second interview, got an answer beginning of the next week

Interview Questions

• Why Nordstrom? Describe a time when you had set a personal goal and didn't succeed   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received e-mail confirmation stating that "We have reviewed your application and think that you have the qualifications and skills we're looking for. We'd like a chance to get to know more about you" so they invited me to online schedule a phone interview. Later on, HR called to say they would bypass phone and schedule me for an in-person interview. All was professionally communicated: time, location and prep needed, and I even received a reminder call a day before the interview.
    In-person interview questions were very general and intended to find out what you stand for, what's professionally important to you, how you would relate to people you'd manage, and how serious you are about sales in general (and, the 'bottom line', of course). Everyone seemed quite pleasant (they are HR, after all, so they know how to do that). I was impressed.
    Unfortunately, I was not invited to the second interview, but what disappointed me even more, was the way they communicated it. My interviewer phoned me the very next morning and left a kind message to call her back. When I did, she seemed to not know who I was, and even asked who called me that morning (!!?). Then she said she had my info, but would have to put me on hold to look at it (!!), and then came back saying that she did not have anything to tell me and would call me the following day "after discussing the subject with her associates". A couple of hours later, another person called to inform me that they were "going with another candidate".
    Needles to say, my first impression that they were professional and organized, was ruined. It's a shame.