North Carolina State University Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
39 interviews

2.6

Adjutant Instructor Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2014.

I was contacted by email of my date and time for an interview. They followed up with a phone call three days before the interview. I feel they interviewed all the applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Think about an instance when you were given an assignment that you thought you would not be able to complete. How did you accomplish the assignment?   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Talk with your PI. Just the standard apply process. He may ask you about your background, your motivation for research, papers you have published. The experience you gained from the past research work, etc. Overall, you should be sure about your interest before choosing an advisor and research field, because you will stick with it for 5 years.

Interview Questions
    • Different for different areas. It is hard to provide any suggestions here.   Answer Question

Academic Tutor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at North Carolina State University.

It is a short, straight-forward process. some of the questions are related to your tutoring experience, relationship with student athletes, ect..
    They offered me the position couple of days after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me something from Statistic class?
      Do you have a friend or family who is a student athlete?
        View Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Supervisor directly interviewed and hired on the phone, but waited for about one month to get the final offer, I did not ask for relocation fee and was asked to come to the campus and sign on the offer letter with HR. The hire was easy but the Lab is too small and supervisor told me that how many presentations, seminars and papers he needs to publish to maintain his status...

Interview Questions
    did not negotiate at all

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in August 2010.

Position posted on NC State HR site. Most positions conduct phone interviews and then follow-up with on-campus interviews. Please note positions are left open after the suggested closing date, but that does not necessarily mean they are still accepting applications.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    There is little room for negotiations because these are career banded positions with small salary ranges. Be sure to list all of your work experience on your resume as the more you list will likely increase your possible salary range.

Teaching Assistant Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at North Carolina State University.

After you've been at the graduate school for one or two years and finished the qualification test, you would be considered as a teaching assistant for the undergraduate students. You have to first participate some workshops, seminars to learn the basic teaching techniques.

Interview Questions
    • When students ask something that has been bothering them, you should be able to come up with an answer at the moment. If it's inadequate, you will need to think it more afterwards, and get back to students with a full answer.   Answer Question

Scientific Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2014.

The question asked was very simple. Most of them were related to core java.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2010.

Applied to Tox program in December and visited department in March. They had a recruitment dinner at Department Head's house. Selected current lab from 3 rotations.

Salary was non-negotiable. It is a graduate stipend.

Community Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in August 2013.

It will be basic Behavioral Interview

No negotiation

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at North Carolina State University in April 2010.

I got the job through a friend. One conversation with the boss and I was hired. Very informal.

They had a set salary and clear list of duties, so negotiation was not an option.

Worked for North Carolina State University? Contribute to the Community!