Northern Trust

Updated 27 Jan 2015
Updated 27 Jan 2015

2.8

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

I received the call from HR in the first week, and was scheduled a phone interview in the following week. and was invited to an on-site interview on the same week. The whole process went well, but since I don't have background of banking stuff, they might think I'm not good at telling story or expressing myself. Anyway, HR said the decision will be made within two week. Let's cross fingers!

Interview Questions
    • If you made mistake on a project and how to explain to your manager.   View Answer

Investment Operations Outsourcing Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Trust.

Applied for the position out of school and got a call from HR about 2 months later for an in office interview. Got to the office and had a 3 panel interview with the vice president and 2 team leads. Immediately started firing off questions regarding my background and they started to pry at details from my resume. Nothing too unexpected or difficult. They asked what a bond was and to name a stock. Pretty simple.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Please brush up with the basics of accounts,finance,investment banking.

Step 1:- Group discussion it was more of a talk on your own topic.

Step 2:- Aptitude test.

Step 3:- Hr round questions are asked from your cv.

Step 4:- Technical round :- basic questions derivatives, bonds, banks.

Investment Support Services Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

the interview process is pretty straight forward. However the hr response time is some what slot. if you are lucky enough to get an offer they don't budge in terms of negotiations. In terms of advice on how to interview it is pretty standard just be sure to use alot of the key words from the requirement sections of the search criteria

Interview Questions
    no room for negotiations. flat rate offer

Senior Consultant - Credit Risk Modeling Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust.

There were 1 screening phone interview with HR, 1 phone interview with a team member (not the hiring manager) and 1 on-site interview with 6 people. All that happened within 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • When the data do not have enough number of defaults, how would you build a default model?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

The interview process was pretty standard. First, I was contacted via phone for a 15-minute pre-screening interview. The recruiter was direct and courteous. Then a second interview (in-person) was scheduled. On the day of the interview, I met with the recruiter prior to meeting with the manager in charge. The manager was nice and very knowledgeable. Overall, the process was smooth and easy. The manager explained about the position and the duties of the position, as it was not clear in the job post. I was asked some behavioral questions and technical skills (nothing complex).

Interview Questions
    • How knowledgeable are you in Excel? Have you used VBA, Macros, etc?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Trust in January 2015.

Applied through personal contact and through campus recruiting. Attended a pre-night session then had an on campus interview the next day with a woman from HR. After a few months I had a phone interview with the person I will now be working for. No technical questions, they just wanted to make sure I had an interest in finance and northern.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use your communication skills to explain a complex topic.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. $17/hour

Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in January 2015.

I had two phone reviews with two different employees, and neither were particularly difficult. They both asked simple behavioral questions -- I told them about my background and why I wanted to work for Northern Trust. Both employees were very nice!

A few days later, I received a phone call, and learned that I had received an offer for the summer.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions asked were standard behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

I received an offer from another company whose location and line of work spoke to my interests more.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Trust.

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days.

Brush up your fundamentals well........be good with people part and technical skills both. So, first a technical round and then subsequent an HR round. Questions included different models of valuation,accounting and other stuffs. They also try to check your stress level so be patient and confident. Rest all is history!

Intern Interview

Phone Interview - fairly standard behavioural questions, nothing too unexpected. It was an easy process, as the HR lady was extremely helpful and told me what to prepare before the interview. process took less than a month.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in which you had to use your communication skills in order to solve a difficult problem?   Answer Question