Northern Trust Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2014
Updated 22 Oct 2014

2.8

Investment Rotational Track Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northern Trust.

On Campus interview which they read off a sheet of paper asking straight up behavioral questions. Nothing difficult. They would ask "tell me a time you have been challanged", "tell me a time you have ran into a problem with a group member and how did you solve it". Wasn't a very interesting interview because they just asked question after question.

GOLD Program Interview

I interviewed at the Chicago Office during my internship with managers in the specific area I applied into. There was only on technical question and everything was behavioral. Most interviews were just conversations and not difficult at all.

Interview Questions
    • List off all the working capital accounts on a statement of cash flows.   View Answer

GOLD Program Interview

2 rounds of interviews before final decision. The process a couple of weeks. There were multiple interviews and a business case study. Most of the questions were behavioral, asking about why Northern Trust. A few basic market questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northern Trust in October 2014.

It was walk-in drive . first round was about writing about anything and speak the same for 2 minutes.
    they declared result their only . after that 2nd round that was aptitute test for 60 minutes which includes reasoning English and maths. 3rd round was HR round in which they as question like what is mutual fund,derrivatives, sebi,ect with explanation. and last round was managerial round.

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Northern is 40-70% contractors for IT, depending on project. There was only a recruiter interview and a phone interview with the hiring manager and the tech lead. Be prepared for long lead times (like 1 month). Their process is slow so don't get discouraged if it takes a while. Generally, many business processes at NT take longer than other large companies.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. They did not really prepare anything in advance. Their questions just focused on confirming I have the background needed for the projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust in September 2014.

Group discussion was about Finance topic and very good and tricky aptitude test and requires common sense to clear aptitude and I cleared the both rounds and waiting for the HR call to go for next round interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust in September 2014.

First is gd.. u need to select a finance topic write and speak about it.. then aptitude more of english grammer and then hr round and then operations round... more of technical questions.. be well prepared with investments... and at last team manager will take interview.. some technical questions again like derivatives capital markets

Fund Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust.

went through a refferal. it has taken the whole day but with the result. there were 5 rounds of interview process. it includes one GD round, one written aptitude test, two technical rounds and one HR round.

Client Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Really easy interview as it was for temp position. They only had few technical questions but mainly they where focusing on my personality. So the interview was one of the most pleasant this far.

Interview Questions
    • Do you understand what happens if company decides to split their stock.   Answer Question

US Securities Transaction Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust in June 2014.

Brief phone interview about salary expectations and schedule F2F interview. 2nd Interview with 2 team leaders. Standard interview, behavioral questions, nothing too difficult. Why you want to work for Northern Trust, why are you moving from your current job? Etc.