Northern Trust Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
170 interviews

2.8

Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Northern Trust in April 2010.

Easy because I had a referral from a high-level current employee and the job was not a desired position. I got the job through a temp agency and was hired on a temporary basis until I was hired by the company three months later.

Interview Questions
    happened with the temp agency

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Northern Trust in May 2014.

Received a call for an interview a month after I applied online. Discuss salary w/HR over phone & then had 3 interview. Sent thank you emails along with a follow-up email weeks after the 2nd interview. No response ever received.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult. Questions were like explain your day-to-day work schedule? Any improvements you made that impact your current position? Do you work well with others...etc?   Answer Question

Fund Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Northern Trust.

went through a refferal. it has taken the whole day but with the result. there were 5 rounds of interview process. it includes one GD round, one written aptitude test, two technical rounds and one HR round.

Client Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Really easy interview as it was for temp position. They only had few technical questions but mainly they where focusing on my personality. So the interview was one of the most pleasant this far.

Interview Questions
    • Do you understand what happens if company decides to split their stock.   Answer Question

US Securities Transaction Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Northern Trust in June 2014.

Brief phone interview about salary expectations and schedule F2F interview. 2nd Interview with 2 team leaders. Standard interview, behavioral questions, nothing too difficult. Why you want to work for Northern Trust, why are you moving from your current job? Etc.

Fund Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Northern Trust in March 2013.

This was an off-cycle hiring, they started a new team and needed somebody on board immediately. First phone interview involved standard questions: Salary expectations and work type expectations. Second interview involved speaking with two senior members of the team. Very behavioral-based. The company is very courteous and fit-oriented.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical, mostly behavioral and very standard.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Makati City (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in April 2014.

There would be 2 interviews, 2 exams, and a simple activity.
    1. Initial Interview - common interview questions are asked. Like stuffs about yourself, things you know about the company and the position you're applying for so you'd better be ready with your research here.
    2. Group Activity - I was asked to pic a topic and write an essay about it. Then we read it out loud one by one.
    3. Aptitude and Excel Exams - I accomplished this in a day. The aptitude test is easy but tricky and is time pressured, while the excel exam just comprises of some basic commands you can do on a spreadsheet.
    4. Final Interview - This one is a bit challenging because you'll be interviewed by managers or heads about the technical stuffs that you know. They asked me to define around 20 finance and accounting terms.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation at all. It's like take it or leave it. But for fresh grads, their offer is tempting since the salary is really high compared to other companies that hire fresh graduates.

Senior Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in December 2013.

Lenghtly hiring process. Hard company to get into. Did not apply they pulled my resume from a online source. Took three weeks just for the call offer. Highly client oriented interview. Not much else from what I recall.

NO ROOM FOR NEGOTIATION

Alternative Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in December 2013.

Was contacted by phone to set up an interview. The process was very easy, a 30 min sit down with a HR manager, and then about 45 min with managers of the team I was interviewing with. The interview with my team was laid back, they explained about the job and asked some basic questions. Nothing harder than "Explain a time when you?". Got feed back within a week and was hired. After the background check I started right away.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, just be prepared as usual to sell yourself and they had a few behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    Not sure if they negotiate, I got an entry level position which doesn't leave you much room.

Associate Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in May 2012.

I had a very unlikely experience -- submitted application, got a call from HR 3 weeks later. HR phone call was not a formal interview, she asked me what I knew of the company and then scheduled actual interview. In person interview with manager and portfolio manager I was supporting for a couple of hours. Basic questions, went through resume and why I would be a good fit. Interviewed with department head next day via phone and was offered the position a few hours later.

Interview Questions
    • No Difficult questions, all behavioral and was asked to go through resume. "Why Northern?"   Answer Question
    They gave me the salary at the phone interview stage, once I was offered I negotiated a couple $K higher and they accepted.

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!