Northern Trust

2.8

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in January 2012.

There are 5 rounds of interviews: HR, hiring manager, consultant and Head of APAC
    Generally it takes two weeks for the interview process
    HR generally take a month for background checks thereafter
    NT often takes long decision-making time as trying to get the over-qualified for minimum price-point

Interview Questions
    • How do you calculate TWRR and MWRR? What's the differences?
      What are the 3 most successful comment that your previous employer would say about you?
      Why should we hire you?
      If there's pressing issues or limited timeline, what will you do to diffuse the situation?
      What do you know about the industry?

View Answer

Campus Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Trust.

I was very excited about this opportunity but unfortunately the interview process was a complete disappointment. The hiring manager rescheduled phone screen with me three times. More specifically, the first time she forgot to put our interview on her calendar, the second time she asked to reschedule 30 mins before our scheduled call, and the third time she simply forgot to call me. After that third time I decided that I was no longer interested in the position and emailed her to let her know that I wanted to withdraw my candidacy from consideration. I don't think this is a typical experience that everybody has with this company but it definitely left me disappointed and wondering whether I will want to apply for any position there again.

Valuation Reporting, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust in February 2015.

Applied through company website. Took me less than 2 weeks to hear from the HR. Got a phone interview prior to face to face interview. Basically just asking on finding out why you want to apply for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What did you expect from the job?
      The role of Valuation Reporting analyst?
      Background of Company
      What have you done that are related to the job applied?

Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

I received the call from HR in the first week, and was scheduled a phone interview in the following week. and was invited to an on-site interview on the same week. The whole process went well, but since I don't have background of banking stuff, they might think I'm not good at telling story or expressing myself. Anyway, HR said the decision will be made within two week. Let's cross fingers!

Interview Questions
    • If you made mistake on a project and how to explain to your manager.   View Answer

Investment Operations Outsourcing Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Trust.

Applied for the position out of school and got a call from HR about 2 months later for an in office interview. Got to the office and had a 3 panel interview with the vice president and 2 team leads. Immediately started firing off questions regarding my background and they started to pry at details from my resume. Nothing too unexpected or difficult. They asked what a bond was and to name a stock. Pretty simple.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Please brush up with the basics of accounts,finance,investment banking.

Step 1:- Group discussion it was more of a talk on your own topic.

Step 2:- Aptitude test.

Step 3:- Hr round questions are asked from your cv.

Step 4:- Technical round :- basic questions derivatives, bonds, banks.

Investment Support Services Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

the interview process is pretty straight forward. However the hr response time is some what slot. if you are lucky enough to get an offer they don't budge in terms of negotiations. In terms of advice on how to interview it is pretty standard just be sure to use alot of the key words from the requirement sections of the search criteria

Interview Questions
    no room for negotiations. flat rate offer

Senior Consultant - Credit Risk Modeling Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust.

There were 1 screening phone interview with HR, 1 phone interview with a team member (not the hiring manager) and 1 on-site interview with 6 people. All that happened within 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • When the data do not have enough number of defaults, how would you build a default model?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

The interview process was pretty standard. First, I was contacted via phone for a 15-minute pre-screening interview. The recruiter was direct and courteous. Then a second interview (in-person) was scheduled. On the day of the interview, I met with the recruiter prior to meeting with the manager in charge. The manager was nice and very knowledgeable. Overall, the process was smooth and easy. The manager explained about the position and the duties of the position, as it was not clear in the job post. I was asked some behavioral questions and technical skills (nothing complex).

Interview Questions
    • How knowledgeable are you in Excel? Have you used VBA, Macros, etc?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Trust in January 2015.

Applied through personal contact and through campus recruiting. Attended a pre-night session then had an on campus interview the next day with a woman from HR. After a few months I had a phone interview with the person I will now be working for. No technical questions, they just wanted to make sure I had an interest in finance and northern.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use your communication skills to explain a complex topic.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. $17/hour