Northern Trust Interview Questions

Updated 12 Sep 2014
Updated 12 Sep 2014

2.8

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Northern is 40-70% contractors for IT, depending on project. There was only a recruiter interview and a phone interview with the hiring manager and the tech lead. Be prepared for long lead times (like 1 month). Their process is slow so don't get discouraged if it takes a while. Generally, many business processes at NT take longer than other large companies.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. They did not really prepare anything in advance. Their questions just focused on confirming I have the background needed for the projects.   Answer Question

Fund Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Northern Trust.

went through a refferal. it has taken the whole day but with the result. there were 5 rounds of interview process. it includes one GD round, one written aptitude test, two technical rounds and one HR round.

Client Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Really easy interview as it was for temp position. They only had few technical questions but mainly they where focusing on my personality. So the interview was one of the most pleasant this far.

Interview Questions
    • Do you understand what happens if company decides to split their stock.   Answer Question

US Securities Transaction Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Northern Trust in June 2014.

Brief phone interview about salary expectations and schedule F2F interview. 2nd Interview with 2 team leaders. Standard interview, behavioral questions, nothing too difficult. Why you want to work for Northern Trust, why are you moving from your current job? Etc.

Derivatives Analyst Interview

Number of rigorous interviews leading to the job. Lengthy review took months to complete through human resources and was inefficient. Company was thorough in background checks and reviews. Northern trust was difficult to work thru interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness and what is your strongest attribute.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Most of the questions ended up not being about expertise or skills. Although they did want to make sure that I had done well in my financial courses and that I had skills to offer, they were mostly interested in how I myself would add to the office environment. This was just an internship position, but I do feel that this is similar for many entry-level jobs. Young, bright students can quickly learn and pick up how to do their job. But something that's extremely important and often overlooked is the attitude to do the worst jobs with a cheerful nature and being personable. That's clearly what they were looking for for entry-level at NT -- they have mandatory training sessions for salaried employees regardless of how well you did in school, so it's really about the attitude and how you present yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, what was most unexpected was them asking me to fly (several states away) for the interview. They are very interested in having personal contact with candidates.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Northern Trust.

GD , Aptitude test and manager round

Interview Questions
    • Simple questions about Education background   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Northern Trust in May 2014.

Received a call for an interview a month after I applied online. Discuss salary w/HR over phone & then had 3 interview. Sent thank you emails along with a follow-up email weeks after the 2nd interview. No response ever received.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult. Questions were like explain your day-to-day work schedule? Any improvements you made that impact your current position? Do you work well with others...etc?   Answer Question

GOLD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Mostly behavioral questions about past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Will ask about the different financial records such as balance sheet etc. Will ask for you to break down each.   View Answer

Started looking to move out of state.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Internal hire, joined group after helping their manager on several projects on the side of my previous job.

Interview Questions
    • No surprise / difficult interview questions given prior work experience with the manager and team.   Answer Question

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!