Northrop Grumman

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Azusa, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2014.

Interview Details It was several months between when I applied and when I heard anything from the company for an interview. I had a telephone interview that wasn't anything too difficult. They were really nice and asked questions about projects and experiences that I had listed on my resume. They did "test" my technical knowledge of some of my projects, so be sure to be very comfortable with what is on your resume. The phone interview lasted about an hour. The next day I got a call that they were interested in flying me to the site for an in-person interview for a couple weeks later. The 2nd interview lasted 3-4 hours and consisted of 3 2-on-1 meetings with people of the company. Again, they asked mostly questions about my resume and behavioral questions, but they did ask some technical questions and had me explain a technical process that I had used in a certain project. Everyone there was really nice. However, after the interview, I was told to call the HR in a week to see if there was a decision made. I did, and she said it would be another week or two. After that, I never heard back from the company. I called several times to try to reach someone and emailed them and never heard a response. I was never given a formal rejection, my online profile just said "No longer under consideration." After the pleasant experience I was given throughout the interviews, I was very disappointed in the manner I was treated after the interview.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Everything mostly based on my resume experiences or other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Guidance Engineer II Interview

Guidance Engineer II
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details Got contacted by a recruiter to set up an interview though email. Had to reschedule couple of times. The interview itself was somewhat of a panel interview with the manager and a couple of people from the department. They were all pretty friendly and we basically talked about my previous experiences and what kind of work I will be doing. Waited over 6 weeks and still haven't gotten any answer from them. I assume I was rejected

Interview Question – Asked a lot about the things I listed on my resume.
No behavior questions
  Answer Question

Program Cost Schedule & Control Analyst I Interview

Program Cost Schedule & Control Analyst I
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied for the position the last week of March, 2014. Got a phone call directly from the hiring manager the first week of June. Chatted with him for about 20 minutes, it was very pleasant. He gave me a broad overview of the position, asked me about my experience, what I knew about the company and asked me to come in for an face-to-face interview. The gentleman gave a more detailed description of the position and explained some of the company moral programs (sports clubs, etc.) they currently have.

I did plenty of research on the company. I examined their financial statements for the last 5 years, found what percentage of the markets shares they held for the sectors they are in, and found some current news on them as well. Unfortunately, the gentleman I interviewed with monopolized the vast majority of the interview time. I wasn't able to really expound or drill in to much of my experience I've acquired from the military, or what I know of the company. For the one question I was able to ask, he gave a very prolonged, long winded answer just as he did with the job description. In addition, there were supposed to be two other people at the interview who did not show up, but yet the interviewer took copies of my resumes for them. So, I don't know if they attended interviews for other candidates, but if they did, that seems a bit unfair because I would have to assume they have input on the hiring decision if the interviewer took copies of my resume for them.

Ultimately, I was not selected for the position. When I asked what my weak areas were so I could improve on them, I was told "I had no weak areas."

Interview Question – None. I was asked about a portion of my experience and why I though I was a good fit for the position.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details Entry- level position. Phone interview 3 weeks after applying online. Face to face with a panel of 5 shortly after and another phone interview after. The panel had a diverse group. All very friendly, asked some questions that caught me off guard. Waited more than a month to be rejected.

Interview Question – what is your 5 year plan?
how would you handle working with employees that are older and not as experienced in technology
have you ever had a time where you had to convince group members your ideas.
  Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
McLean, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

Interview Details HR was very helpful with framing expectations before interview. HR walked me to and from meeting and wanted my feedback. Interviewer was helpful with current and future expectations of the position.

Interview Question – Why did you leave former position?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer IV Interview

Mechanical Engineer IV
Redondo Beach, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2014.

Interview Details I was recommended by a head hunter. The initial interview was good if very short lived, I phone interviewed with the MGSE director.
The second interview I had was with the department head and the section head. While the interview went well, I believe they did not like me for my ethnicity. This is the 4th time I interviewed with this department and had no success. Please note that I have held this job before as a contract engineer so I know I am well qualified

Interview Question – "What is your hot button?" This question willingly puts you in a bad light. My reply was that I do not like people who do not pull their own weight....   View Answer

Technical Interview

Technical
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2012.

Interview Details I got a call and scheduled an interview a week later. They flew me in from California for a personal interview after two phone interview. It was an easy interview but pretty long. Many questions. Lots of people. For a better job they required a PowerPoint presentation which is very important. They believe it tells more about a person.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If they like they can more you.

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details I applied, I waited and then I got an interview. The recruiter was shady, never answered any of my emails. But eventually I went to the interview. The interviewers were really unprofessional, I was suppose to be interviewed by 3 interviewers at 2. Only 1 interviewer showed up like 30 minutes late. This guy was nice, respectful, then later another interviewer came this guy was perhaps the rudest person I've ever met, he asked me a question and didn't give me any time to respond.

Interview Question – The traveling salesman question.   View Answer

College Interview

College
Redondo Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied online in January and received an email from an HR recruiter two weeks later. We set up an in-person interview another two weeks later. The interview was a panel of three employees and we went over the position and whether or not I was able and wanted to do it. It lasted about 30 minutes, and I got a call back about a week later. Everyone was very friendly and cordial. Very painless process overall. After I accepted, I underwent a background check and drug (urine) test.

Interview Question – They mostly asked about my resume and the projects I had done.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They had a pay grade for interns.

Human Factors Engineer Interview

Human Factors Engineer

Interviewed at Northrop Grumman

Interview Details Pretty by the book - the process is just as it outlined on its webpage. Apply, they contact you, go for an interview, they call you back, team may take you to lunch, then you get an offer and can accept or not.

Interview Question – There was nothing in the interview that was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!