Northrop Grumman

Updated 15 Nov 2014
Updated 15 Nov 2014

2.6

Structural Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Northrop came to my campus as part of the career fair. I met one of the several HR people at a networking event before the job fair, honestly told him my shortcomings and handed in my resume. Next day at the job fair I met him again, and he gave me an interview. I had an on campus interview with the same person, and it went very well. He just walked down my resume and asked more about my personal struggles and how I support myself. I was calm, collected, honest and humble. They are looking for people who they can get along with, and aren't snobby. A lot of my high GPA elitist classmates would like to say my offer from Northrop was charity, but I beg to differ. The same attitude got me interviews from Lockheed Martin and Pratt & whitney as well.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself"....*endless silence*   View Answer
    They made an offer after an on campus interview. I asked them if I could see the facility and they arranged for a trip. Not a lot of people stick their neck out with a company like Northrop. Most of my fellow peers accepted the offer without even seeing the facility. I was an exception.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Met recruiters at a school career fair and dropped off a resume. Two weeks later i was contacted and told they would be interviewing on campus. They have two interviews for new hires - one relaxed personal interview and then a technical interview. The interviewer I had was very helpful and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • The personal interview is not difficult and they just want to make sure you think reasonably and have drive.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Applied through school's career services and got an interview position, was a 1 on 1 meeting with a systems engineer. I am still waiting to see if I receive an offer or not.

Interview Questions
    • For me, the interview was not difficult as I was comfortable talking about my past experiences (mainly school projects) and relating them to the job description.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Phone interview first then interview with two other techs. They were very friendly, but I thought it was odd that they asked me to come in again to tell me I didn't get the job. It seemed like they sincerely wished me well, but it was awkward to hear I didn't get the job in person rather than over the phone.

Mission Command Systems Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2014.

The interview process happened very fast. I submitted an online application on a Wednesday evening and received a telephone call the next afternoon to set up an interview the following Tuesday. I of course showed up 10 minutes early and chatted with a gentleman while waiting for the interview to begin. As I was lead into the interview room there were four chairs. I met the man who called me and set it up and to my surprise the gentleman I had been chatting with and another female (all employees) were all in the interview with me.The interview was very straight forward. I wasn't asked the typical "tell me about yourself" "what do you know about the company" questions. I was asked about my experience with specific systems and to what extent I had utilized them. Overall from the time I got there and left it took about 50 minutes. It turns out that the person I had been making small talk with would be my supervisor if hired and the person who set up the interview is his boss. On the way out I was able to ask more questions and talk more with the person who would be my boss. I was told that they would be making a decision about the position the following week after all the interviews were completed.

Interview Questions
    • In a team environment if someone wasn't pulling their weight, how would you address the situation?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2014.

Recruiter reached out to me same day I submitted my application with several followup screening questions. Once sent, the recruiter responded 3 days later indicating the hiring manager would like to interview me in person. An interview was scheduled for one week later.

The security instructions in entering the building was detailed to let me know what to expect.

On the day of the interview, a panel of three people sat me in a conference room where they asked questions about my background and my experience. They were extremely friendly and professional. Toward the end of my interview they were honest that this position may not be the best fit for me, however there was another position in which I was more suited for.

So a week later, I was called in for a second interview for the other position. The panel was two people indicating what the position would be like. Again very professional and very friendly.

I heard back with a decision in less than 3 business days.

Manager Level II Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

I had a three person panel interview. It was very helpful at the begining because they took the time to explain their organization and current challenges. The interview began with the standard "Tell me about yourself" question. The follow-on questions were focused on getting to know me and better understand my skill set. There were a couple of behavior based questions and a few technical questions (tell me about trends in the industry...). Overall, it was straight forward and enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer who....? They asked about a current difficulty they were having and I was not prepared with an answer.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Excellent! NGC was organized and had great communication. The time between interviewing and the next step and the next and the offer was slow. I figured I wasn't moving forward, but then they called.

Yes, very reasonable

Project Manager Interview

I received a phone call from the HR department and scheduled an interview after applying 1 week earlier. The interview wen very well with a total of 10 behavioral questions and other questions regarding my past experiences and education. Very comfortable and smooth interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was about specific inventory control.   Answer Question

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Overall fairly quick from when I was notified of preliminary interview to offer letter. About 3 weeks, which included a phone interview and then a week or so later an in person panel interview

Interview Questions
    • Fairly easy. Know your resume and know the position you're applying for. Be comfortable   Answer Question