Northrop Grumman

Updated 23 Jan 2015
Updated 23 Jan 2015

2.6

Professional Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Met and spoke with an engineer at my schools career fair, scheduled an interview with him for the next day. After the interview spoke with HR onsite for administrata, a week later received a preliminary offer. A month later attended an onsite tour at NG, few weeks later I accepted their preliminary offer.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really have one as they were primarily interested in previous work I've done that seems to align with what they are looking for.   Answer Question

(New-Grad) Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Met different employees at various on-campus events. They were all engaging and helpful in helping me determine what area and positions I would be a good match for. After a career fair, got a call for an interview. Ended up interviewing with someone I had met previously at on-campus events. The time set aside for the interview was ~45 minutes and the atmosphere was friendly. The interviewer asked one or two technical questions and a few behavioral questions (describe a time you had a disagreement among your team and how it turned out, etc.). I definitely over-thought the technical question, but otherwise it seemed to go fine. At they end the interviewer informed me that there would be another round of interviews for chosen candidates.

I did not hear back from them after the interview. Followed up ~1 month later and still did not hear back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Given a digital modulation scheme (such as 16-QAM), what would you need to do to send the signal?   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Recruiter interest screen. Phone interview with hiring manager. In person interview with team and other hiring managers. Offer a few weeks later. It was a balance interview of technical and behavioral questions. Great interview process for sure.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

they came to campus's career fair, 1st day information session, turned in my resume, 2nd day got a call, 3rd day interview, 4th day got offer. Waited another week, then got email from HR. HR called and just to talk briefly, nothing technically or personally. But then still waiting for the investigation and drug test instruction.

Engineer II Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2015.

Had two phone screens with different hiring managers. Asked pretty basic/expected interview questions even including "What are your hobbies?" "What do you expect to be doing in 5 years?" and so on. Not technical. About 1.5 months later got an invite for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: "What is your favorite class?" Not limited to STEM.   View Answer

Structural Analysis Engineer II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2015.

Spent months applying to different positions before I was called in for an interview. Check regularly at the status of your application and for new job posting because there are always new posting every time I check. The interview was nothing out of the ordinary, just make sure you're prepared with you're most up to date resume, wear a suit and be yourself. I was actually given the choice between two positions that I would be a great fit for but after talking to my interviewers further we established that one would be a better fit for me. I received a phone call the following day with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Would you prefer an analytical role or design role?   View Answer
    My initial offer was exactly what I wanted, so I didn't try pushing for more. I generally don't take the first offer so if it's not what you were expecting then feel free to ask for more, the worst they can say is no.

Vice President of Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Many rounds of phone interviews with various stakeholders. Face-to-face interview had to be rescheduled several times. I met with several people during 1:1 interviews. The follow-up interview was composed of a panel of people. I think that they already had an internal candidate earmarked for this position, but wanted to see if they could expand the search just in case they were missing an opportunity with an external candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you if you have never been a general in the U.S. military services?   View Answer

Professional Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

It was a nice and laid back process. Several one on one interviews with HR and then a panel with engineering managers. Basic behavioral questions, didn't get into anything technical. You don't have to know a lot about the company, but at least know why you want to work there and what you can offer to them.

No negotiations

Program Manager II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Started as a phone interview, about 30 minutes. Immediately moved to next round. Second interview was live and held a couple days later. It was also 30 minutes and was conducted with 2 managers. I was called back within 48 hours and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was very basic. They asked what my target salary was for the position.

Software Engineer III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Overall the process was smooth. Upon applying on-line, got a call the next day from a recruiter to talk the basics: current compensation, availability, etc. The next day, a different HR person called to set up a phone interview, which was all confirmed by e-mail. Excellent process. Held phone interview with hiring team. Two days later my applicant status moved from interview to "interview pending feedback," where it has been now for more than a month. No further feedback from HR. I wish they would pay a little more attention to getting back to the applicant after the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult technical challenge you have faced in the course of your career?   Answer Question