Northwestern Mutual

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

2.4

College Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Straight foreword interview, asked mostly questions about myself and why I'm interested. Mostly a behavioral interview with straightforward questions. No curveballs. I applied through the career website at my college and they got back to me within a couple of days. The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. One of the easier interviews I've done. It was 30 minutes over the phone

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Two - three stage interview process where you are encouraged to give your previous work experience and describe yourself. You should show that you've done research on the company and do not be afraid to ask questions about the position. Be energetic and confident!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for this internship?   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

applied online herd back a few Weeks later. Got and interview and accepted the internship. Easy process because of high turnover and no one stays there I saw 4 ppl come and go durring my 3 month internship

College Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

There are 3 stages of the interview process. First stage was just to get to know you. Second stage was to talk to an actual financial representative and learn about what he/she does. And the final stage was to get 50 referrals.

College Financial Representative Interview

I went through 3 interviews that were pretty simple for me to complete. They spend as much time selling you on the job as you spend selling them. I initially met them at a campus career fair. From there they reached out to me and asked me to come in for an interview. At the end they asked me to make a presentation to them on why they should hire me.

Interview Questions
    • Asked several questions on values and ethics and examples.   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Went to the first interview. It was very basic and friendly. They just wanted to get to know you before the second interview. There are a lot of questions that require you to use adjectives to describe yourself.

not for me

College Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2015.

I applied through University Recruiting Website, received a phone call about a week later asking to come in. Interview was relatively casual and normal, asked mainly about things on resume. There are 3 levels of interviewing and a personality questionnaire involved.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? What skills set you apart and make you a better salesperson?   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2015.

Two part interview process with network analysis between meetings. They want to see how many successful leads you would possibly have. Everything was done very professionally and they were up front with all of the information.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2015.

one basic phone screening where they asked general questions about personal life followed by face to face interview which was one on one. waited around for fifteen minutes in the lobby area before the face to face interview and met some really nice people who work in that office

College Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I meet a recruiter during a career fair and she invited me in for an informal interview the next week. It was pretty casual and just to learn about me and for me to learn about the company. She invited me back and I met with the director of their college program. He asked me basis questions about myself and my experience. Then I had to complete market surveys for five people to see if I could use my network to meet clients. For the final interview you discuss the results of your market surveys. They just want to know if you did well and enjoyed it because it's very similar to the job.

Everyone I met there was extremely friendly and great to talk to.

Interview Questions

It's entirely a sales position and not what I want.