Northwestern Mutual

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

College Recruiter Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview Details mostly personality questions to see compatibility with an interpersonal based job. Asked about background check, and how you describe yourself.

Interview Question – what are you most proud of   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

College Recruiter Interview

Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in August 2012.

Interview Details Multiple interviews and an online assessment. None of the interviewers were ready at the appointment time and at my second interview I waited over a half hour. I did not find that professional but the receptionist told me it is common to wait that long. I found the questions to be very personal and not professional. I tried to put those feelings aside as I thought the office manager and managing partner might just be trying to make conversation with these more personal topics.

Interview Question – What kind of family do you want? (I didn't really expect that to be brought up at all but two of the interviewers asked me about my family and family plans. I felt like that was really irrelevant but continued with the interview).   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was told the salary would be around 60-65k, but at the time of the offer they said the base salary is actually 40k with bonuses. I was not pleased that this was shared with me before.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Northwestern Mutual

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual College Recruiter interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees and interview candidates.