Northwestern Mutual

Updated 13 Dec 2014

2.2

150 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Meet with some of the intern managers and talked about goals. Then presented a presentation about northwestern mutual and the history. Came back for second interview and talked about how to get certafied.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2014.

My interview process with Northwestern was very relaxed and low-stress. However, this might not be the case for all Northwestern Mutual branches.

My first interview was very structured with your typical interview questions and my second interview was more about answering my questions about the internship

Interview Questions
    • When you hear the world "sales" what one word comes to mind?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2014.

The interview was very smooth, more of a one on one conversation then a traditional interview. The recruiter I worked with was very nice and offered constructive interview feedback when we completed. (This interview was conducted through a university for the initial purpose of gaining interviewing experience.)

Interview Questions
    • Your basic situational questions... Tell me about a time that...   Answer Question

The company's growth strategies are not in-line with my personal values.

Intern Interview

I applied through a career fair. Scheduled and in person interview right away. The recruiters were great, enthusiastic, and eager to tell me more. For me it was not a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, first interview was talking about my goals.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2014.

Casual, asked a few behavioral questions and about family background. Simple one on one interview where the interviewee went through resume. Asked about what you think success is, what would you like to be doing in 5 years, previous job experiences, and what you are most proud of.

Interview Questions
    • If you could pick one animal what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2014.

I went to a couple of information sessions and talked with the recruiters. Setup a meeting with them at their offices. It was the basic questions of 'tell me about yourself' and a run down of your resume. The interviewer was very nice and did not add any stress by asking tough questions. The intern position involves providing life and disability insurance to potential clients and the pay is based on commission.

Intern Interview

The hiring process seemed a bit mechanical or robotic. They get you in and out as soon as possible. They don't seem to really want to get to know the person, but rather how that person is going to make money for the company. The culture seemed a little bit like a "boys club."

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your success coming from in 10 years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The interview process was a series of three interviews, each becoming increasingly more in depth until I had convinced them I was the right man for the job. They looked at my history, my connections, my parents jobs, among other things. It required a fingerprinting, background check, and the likes.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would go about cold calling someone, which took me by surprise.   Answer Question
    I was given no negotiation, as it was the standard college-student internship position

Intern Interview

I was given a two stage interview. The first was largely behavioral and I was sent home with a "homework" assignment to find 100 potential clients. I did not feel comfortable asking my parent's friends for contact information to be cold called for policies so and declined the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • All very straight forward questions. i.e. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Three interviews. All very easy and laid back. Was basically offered the position immediately. This is a good experience for kids who don't need the money to work. They really want you to succeed because if you do they make lots of money. They have flawed methods of trying to build networks. Just using friends and family is not the way to go.

All commission. Not very good experience unless you want to sell life insurance which by itself isn't that lucrative.