Northwestern Mutual

Updated 23 Feb 2015
Updated 23 Feb 2015

2.2

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Skype interview which included the standard interview questions. Then there was an in person interview which followed the same style. Overall, fairly simple process. Offer was given within a week. I interned with them for 1 summer.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Was chosen by a campus recruiter. They were extremely nice and outgoing. Everyone who works there is vey friendly and always willing to help you with anything you need. Great work environment and very flexible with school and other job schedules.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I met some recruiters at a career fair in school, they seemed to be having some trouble attracting interested people, but we had a good talk and they pursued an interview. I talked with the regional intern director on the phone for 40 minutes or so, she got back to me a few weeks later and offered an interview at the prospective office. That second part was a huge waste of time, they were trying to sell the internship more, I don't think they even asked any questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2015.

I met the intern coordinator at a career and internship fair at my university. He looked over my resume and scheduled an interview. I had an interview with a financial representative. It was very informal as far as interviews are concerned. He asked me what I knew about the company, what I see myself doing in the future, if I go up to people and ask them for help when I need it, etc. Then he asked what questions I had and essentially let me pick his brain and he walked me through his experience. It was more of a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to be doing as an intern on a daily basis?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Nice people. 3 round interview process. First one is a get to know you. Second is where they tell you more about the job and give you some homework. Third, is an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult thing you had to over come in your life?   Answer Question

Not the format of compensation I was looking for.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

The office seemed very professional and I had a rest interviewer, a very nice guy, and he really sold me on the company, I'm looking forward to an internship with them and and working with this staff.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2015.

Applied online by submitting my resume, and was contacted a week or so later by the college recruiter. Came in for an discussion about what working their is like and what the internship program entails. Came back for a second interview to present a power point presentation about why you are a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Find twenty people you could contact during the internship.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2015.

I was contacted based on my resume on my University's resume book. First interview was just to get to know you. Basic behavioral questions and situational questions. Afterwards, you're given a marketing survey and you have to ask people about their views on health insurance. It's mostly just to get you familiar with talking to people and to see if you can get referrals. None of the numbers you write down are going to be used by any means. They all come back to you for future reference should you like to use them in the future.

Interview Questions
    • What were some difficult experiences you went through and how did you overcome them? What is your proudest moment/achievements.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Meet with some of the intern managers and talked about goals. Then presented a presentation about northwestern mutual and the history. Came back for second interview and talked about how to get certafied.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2014.

My interview process with Northwestern was very relaxed and low-stress. However, this might not be the case for all Northwestern Mutual branches.

My first interview was very structured with your typical interview questions and my second interview was more about answering my questions about the internship

Interview Questions
    • When you hear the world "sales" what one word comes to mind?   View Answer