Northwestern Mutual

Updated 8 Jan 2015

2.2

152 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

The office seemed very professional and I had a rest interviewer, a very nice guy, and he really sold me on the company, I'm looking forward to an internship with them and and working with this staff.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2015.

Applied online by submitting my resume, and was contacted a week or so later by the college recruiter. Came in for an discussion about what working their is like and what the internship program entails. Came back for a second interview to present a power point presentation about why you are a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Find twenty people you could contact during the internship.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Meet with some of the intern managers and talked about goals. Then presented a presentation about northwestern mutual and the history. Came back for second interview and talked about how to get certafied.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2014.

My interview process with Northwestern was very relaxed and low-stress. However, this might not be the case for all Northwestern Mutual branches.

My first interview was very structured with your typical interview questions and my second interview was more about answering my questions about the internship

Interview Questions
    • When you hear the world "sales" what one word comes to mind?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2014.

The interview was very smooth, more of a one on one conversation then a traditional interview. The recruiter I worked with was very nice and offered constructive interview feedback when we completed. (This interview was conducted through a university for the initial purpose of gaining interviewing experience.)

Interview Questions
    • Your basic situational questions... Tell me about a time that...   Answer Question

The company's growth strategies are not in-line with my personal values.

Intern Interview

I applied through a career fair. Scheduled and in person interview right away. The recruiters were great, enthusiastic, and eager to tell me more. For me it was not a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, first interview was talking about my goals.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2014.

Casual, asked a few behavioral questions and about family background. Simple one on one interview where the interviewee went through resume. Asked about what you think success is, what would you like to be doing in 5 years, previous job experiences, and what you are most proud of.

Interview Questions
    • If you could pick one animal what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2014.

I went to a couple of information sessions and talked with the recruiters. Setup a meeting with them at their offices. It was the basic questions of 'tell me about yourself' and a run down of your resume. The interviewer was very nice and did not add any stress by asking tough questions. The intern position involves providing life and disability insurance to potential clients and the pay is based on commission.

Intern Interview

The hiring process seemed a bit mechanical or robotic. They get you in and out as soon as possible. They don't seem to really want to get to know the person, but rather how that person is going to make money for the company. The culture seemed a little bit like a "boys club."

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your success coming from in 10 years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The interview process was a series of three interviews, each becoming increasingly more in depth until I had convinced them I was the right man for the job. They looked at my history, my connections, my parents jobs, among other things. It required a fingerprinting, background check, and the likes.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would go about cold calling someone, which took me by surprise.   Answer Question
    I was given no negotiation, as it was the standard college-student internship position