Novantas

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novantas.

Interview Details I found them through my university's on campus recruiting and applied online. I was then contacted to set up a first round interview. It was two 30-minute interviews with two different people. One person asked logic questions and behavioral questions. The other interviewer gave an open ended case.

Interview Question – The case was very open ended and didn't provide much information on how to solve it. They just wanted to see how I thought.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novantas in February 2014.

Interview Details First round on campus, 2 30 min interviews. First had brainteasers. Had the rubix cube one followed by the scale one first with 1 bag then 2. Second interview was fit and a "case" which was not really a case at all. Question about elevator efficiency which I'm pretty sure everybody struggled with.

Interview Question – The case about elevators. Wanted you to optimize elevator traffic within a 25 story building. More of a brainstorming session than anything, but caught me off guard.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novantas in February 2013.

Interview Details Two rounds.

First round on-campus, with two 30-minute interviews. One was only brainteasers, and my interviewers nudged me through the tougher ones. The other was an open-ended case. Got back to me same day.

Second round in office, with three 45-minute interviews. There was time to network with a bunch of friendly associates beforehand. Interviewers were more senior staff. Lots of brainteasers again, although whether there were also cases depended on the interviewer. Everyone was nice, and my experience was really more like having interesting conversations with interesting people than a formal evaluation.

Interview Question – 25 horses, in same set-up as mentioned in a different review.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Novantas in January 2013.

Interview Details process started with a phone screening, which lasted roughly 45 minutes over a conference bridge with 4-5 people asking questions. first face-to-face interview sat me down with basically the same players as on the conference bridge. second face-to-face sat me down with managers and those who weren't part of the phone screening/1st face-to-face interview. both face-to-face interviews lasted at least 2 hours.

Interview Question – unexpected: asked if I ever dealt with "non-technical" people. not a horrible question and easy enough to answer, but was never asked that question on an interview before.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novantas in October 2010.

Interview Details On-campus interview involving brainteasers and resume review. Passed, went on for final rounds in the corporate office. Had a one-hour quantitative test (not too difficult) and two one-hour case interviews - one with a Principal and another with one of the founding partners. The founding partner called back in a week and said they wanted me to work with them.

Interview Question – a brainteaser involving two strings and fire - can't remember the specifics but i know i got it wrong in the first round   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Designer
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Novantas in January 2009.

Interview Details Interview was relatively painless. Was phone screened by recruiter. Then met with HR rep, Department VPs, and CEO in rapid succession. Was offered the job the following day. My recommendation to candidates is not to take a seat facing the window. The sunlight can be fairly bright and is overwhelming after a while.

Interview Question – How would you approach designing a software interface?   View Answer

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novantas in October 2011.

Interview Details I applied through on campus recruiting and received an on campus interview. The on campus interview consisted on two 30min interviews each of which was purely case and logic problems. The first interviewer gave me about 3 quick math/logic problems and the second interviewer gave me 1-2 short questions and one slightly longer case. In the next day or two I heard back that I had received a final round interview for the following Friday. This interview was at their office in NY City and consisted of a behavioral interview, small case/behavioral interview, and short analytic test. We also had lunch with the current associates and one of the principals gave an presentation on the company. Even though I had been told that the on-site interview was the final round, I was contacted about two weeks later for a phone interview at which point I was told that I should hear back about a decision in about a week. However, I didn't hear from them until about 3 weeks had passed and it was just to tell me that they give offers on a rolling bases and would have more information for me by December 1st ( which was 2 months after my on-site interview). I already had another offer that I liked better so I just told them I had accepted an offer elsewhere. Overall, I think it was very rude that they kept brushing me off and extending when they would make a decision by.

Interview Question – All of the questions were basic probability or other math/logic questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Analyst Interview

Consultant Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Novantas in October 2010.

Interview Details I has two interview back to back with different recruiters for 30 minutes each. One interview was easier probability related problems. The other interview was an impossible probability problem that involved ALOT of math. My interviewer later told me that very few people answer the questions correctly, if at all.

Interview Question – If you are paid a dollar amount associated with the number on a dice that you roll, what is your expected value from one roll?   View Answer

New York, NY (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Novantas in October 2010.

Interview Details math test and question on pricing ipods

Interview Question – pick something random from your resume and talk about it   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Novantas in March 2010.

Interview Details Phone interview, then in person met with two people. Got asked questions about my credentials and was given puzzles.

Interview Question – This is not an academic enviornment and in the end here the bottom line is what counts, is that okay with you.   Answer Question

Worked for Novantas? Contribute to the Community!