Novell Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
53 interviews

2.9

Systems Engineer Interview

Typically is a 3 stage process. Stage 1 is the hiring manager interview. Stage 2 is the role's Director interview and Stage 3 is HR.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Novell in August 2014.

Novell process consists of 3 rounds. 1st round was online test, questions were basically on quant, data structure, system software basics, compiler design. 2nd round was technical interview consists of coding round and 3rd round was HR .

Software Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Novell in August 2012.

I had been selected from campus

Round 1 :
    On paper round . There were questions on aptitude and computer fundamentals.I cleared this round this is actually a filtering round as out of 113 candidates only 13 were chosen after this round

Round2 :

It was heavily technical .Was being asked questions on pointers and OS and networking questions since I said that networking was my strength at that time

Interview Questions
    It was a decent offer at the campus

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Novell in April 2014.

Hi I attended Novell Interview on april, 2014. I had 6 rounds in total.

All the rounds were simple. They ask only the very basic questions
    1. Aptitude, verbal, technical (system concepts and coding snippets), Essay on open source was not required. [details about the questions are mentioned below]
    2. Programming interview.
    3. System concepts and testing concepts [how will u test a pen, tell us some test cases in ur project]
    4. Interview with Manager [other than technical questions]
    Since everybody was busy, my interview was moved to next day.
    5. Interview with Senior Manager [other than technical questions] - she was very kind.
    6. Interview with HR [She discussed about the company, benifts etc.]

Once you clear the first 2 rounds, you are almost selected.

Salary range 6 - 7 L for freshers. Value varies in between for candidates from PSG, NIT and others.

out of station candidates, if selected will get accomodation in a business class hotel for 15 days. They welcome you with big flower boquets etc.

This is for a full time employee through employee referal without any consultancies, contract, contigencies etc.

Novell is a very peaceful place to settle. Compared to many companies in bangalore, it has a very good work life balance. Sat and sun off. Good benefits. No work pressure. No timings. My managers are really kind.

Below are the questions i noted down after each rounds. All the best. :)

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Novell in January 2010.

Comparatively easier, more technical, only two rounds of interview. need to bargain for salary, salary depends on the previous salary. Very straight forward. Some times director round is difficult. interviewers are friendly.

Interview Questions
    • why should we hire you, what value add you bring it to the company   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Novell in April 2012.

Great Interview Process. Really detailed questions that helped me to focus more clearly on the position's contribution to business goals.

Interview Questions
    • Calculate the CPA for various social media channels.   View Answer

Found a better company closer to home.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Provo, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novell.

Communication leading up to the interview was professional and timely. The HR recruiter did a great job with a screening interview. The actual face-to-face interviews were both one-on-one with the hiring manager and the +1 manager. The team I managed interviewed me as a panel.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I would want to join the company as it was struggling.   View Answer
    There wasn't much negotiation. I was able to push toward the top of the range with HR before interviews. No movement after that.

SSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Novell in July 2010.

Was asked about few basic linked list qns and pointer basics

Interview Questions
    After negotiation got sign-on bonus.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Provo, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Novell in April 2010.

Initial application and contact was very quick. The Director of Product Management himself did the first rounds of interviews to filter more quickly and not wait for recruiters to filter. After the first interview, the second round was a week or so later. Then a long wait.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was limited--my boss was great and came in at the max offer point.

Software Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Novell.

It was pleasant experience interviewing for Novell. There were 2 rounds of technical interview followed by couple of managerial & HR interviews based on which I got the offer. The technical rounds were focused on Coding. The interviewers expected you to write Java/C++ code. They expected in depth knowledge on OS & Networking.

Interview Questions
    • Which data structure would you use for storing duplicate key value pair.   Answer Question
    Not much.

Worked for Novell? Contribute to the Community!