OMD

Updated 8 Nov 2014
Updated 8 Nov 2014

2.6

Media Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OMD in October 2014.

Applied online and was called back two days later for a phone screening with an HR rep. Scheduled a face to face interview at the end of the call for the following week. Interview conducted by two people who were working on the same account that had the vacant position. There was a written media math test before beginning the interview. Heard back from HR after another week or so for permission to conduct a reference check and received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you've had to work under pressure.   Answer Question
    Entry level position so there was no negotiation.

Trading Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OMD in April 2014.

Human Resources will contact you regarding an interview. Once it is set up you will get a confirmation e-mail with interview details as well as a PDF of the job description and duties. Interviewed by two people with questions about previous experience, skills, personal traits and how and why you'd be a fit into the team. Also asked typical questions such as your strengths, weaknesses and where you see yourself in X amount of years.

Interview Questions
    • After the interview they give you a written test with media-related and maths questions. When researching in the lead-up to the interview, I focused more on the media side of things and sacrificed the maths side. Also, I hadn't completed maths questions in an test setting since I left school so I could have done a lot better.   View Answer

Assistant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OMD.

Interviewed with department head as well as supervisors on available accounts. Received call from HR department within the following day letting me know i was offered the position. Started at the job 2-3 weeks later

no negotiations approached

Media Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at OMD in July 2014.

I was contacted by an OMD recruiter. We had a phone interview and I went in the next morning to interview with the director and associate director. They were great about answering my (many) questions. They were also very respectful of the fact that I needed to keep the interview to an hour so that I could get to work on time. The whole process was very professional, courteous and efficient.

Digital Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OMD.

they took me into a room i met with the assistant, a planner, a supervisor and the global director. it was a standard interview, if they like you they hire you if not you're out of luck

Assistant Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OMD.

Met with a variety of teams, was asked standard interview questions throughout.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think digital media is headed in the next five years?   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at OMD.

After submitting a resume, a representative from HR contacted me on the phone asking to discuss my work experience. Following the initial conversation with HR, they then have you come in and speak with members of the team that has the vacant position. I spoke individually with four different team members, each a higher level than the other. The questions were primarily fit related, which may have been unique to me as an entry-level candidate.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a media plan for peanut butter?   View Answer
    There was none.

Administrative Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OMD.

I applied online and received an email back within a week. They were very easy to work with. My resume was passed along quickly and I felt welcome. I a quick couple of phone interviews before heading into the one-one interview. The questions were basic and asked lots of situational questions.

Assistant Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at OMD.

Great to work with HR (until they moved me around to different reps, the last of which never responded to my follow up even though I was told to contact that person). The interviewers themselves at the lower levels were very uninterested in what I could bring to the table with my own experience, just seemed to be looking for someone who wants to sit at a computer and crunch numbers. Which is definitely part of the job, but I felt that they were completely unimpressed/questioning my interest in the company from the beginning. You can definitely get a sense of whether or not this is the right place for you from the interview though, as I did.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite part of your past job?   View Answer

Assistant Strategist, Digital Interview

Three 30 minute interviews. Each interviewer had his or her own interview style. One was more traditional in asking to go through various experiences I had listed on my resume. One was more animated and asked some more random questions about life outside of work experiences. One was quicker and only had two simpler questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that you haven't yet told to the other two interviewers.   Answer Question