Office Depot Interview Questions

Updated 16 Apr 2015

2.2

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Not difficult, they want a warm body who is open to learning. I recommend walking in and asking about availability if you really want to work, online apps get lost in the shuffle and are mostly irrelevant.

Interview Questions

• Nothing worth fretting about. Very basic behavioral   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

Was approached by a recruiter who interviewed me. Then I was interviewed by the HR director for the district in which my store is in. After that, I was interviewed by the District Manager and then, in a conference call, I was introduced to the VP. Very Pleasant but stressful because of the level of people being interviewed by.

Interview Questions

• Experience managing a team? Able to relocate? Experience with Profit and loss statements? What possible habits you have that might hinder a team? How do you perform under stress, can you multi-task?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was initially told what the salary was and I was moved on to the next phase. They didn't want to waste time with someone who didn't agree. Relocation, however, was extremely generous.

Cashier/Design Print Ship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enterprise, AL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Office Depot (Enterprise, AL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a standard interview, he had my profile printed out and reviewed it before talking with me. He told me there were multiple positions he wanted filled and asked which ones I would like best.

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online through the website and HR called for phone screen. Typical behavioral type questions, extremely scripted. You will interview with store manager and district manager. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Applied a few weeks ago and got a call for an interview. Honestly the interview was a waste of time and slightly unprofessional. The interviewer was spending time saying how the current workers were incompetent and that if hired we probably wouldn't even see most of them because they might be laid off. I was the only person who didn't have any retail experience and I could tell that's what he was only looking for, the interview questions didn't even matter. I felt that I answered them pretty well compared to the other candidates, they didn't even make sense on most of the questions they answered. Next time they should take the time to see whether or not the people they choose have retail experience rather than wasting their time by calling them for an interview because they assume they have experience.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot (El Paso, TX (US)).

Interview

More of a talk than a interview. They just want to know if you can sell and be a people person. Depending on the manager in can be an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Not to many standard questions. They will ask questions mainly related to customer service and to sales. If you have sales experience, do make use of that and it will give you an edge.   Answer Question

Copy and Print Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marble Falls, TX (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Office Depot (Marble Falls, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very brief - first on phone and then in person at store. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and the interview process went quite smoothly. It was not stressful at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Office Depot   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them the salary I needed and then we haggled a bit, but I got the salary I really wanted.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Office Depot (Baltimore, MD (US)).

Interview

It was super easy. I walked in on the off chance they were hiring, and they were. So I did an on the spot interview and was hired. Interview was short and quick. Basic personality questions and why do you want to work here, etc. Had to complete a long questionnaire and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Basic. Why Office Depot? What is customer service to you?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

It took about 4 days to actually get hired. I submitted my resume and got a call the next day. The following day I went for the test they require. It was the normal "what would you do in different situations" type test and a drug screen. The following day I came in for two separate interviews, one with the store manager and one with the assistant manager. Both were very easy to talk to and didn't make me feel intimidated at all. The next day I was called and offered a job.

Technology Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Office Depot (Windsor, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Called me at 6 pm and scheduled an interview at 1pm the next day very polite and related my experiance in the work force to the position talked for about 20 mins then did background check

Interview Questions

• what technology information do you know   1 Answer