Office Depot

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

Interviewed at Office Depot

Interview Details Never had an HR interview. Met with the hiring manager, a peer, and two levels of managers above the hiring manager. All were very respectful. All 4 of them are gone now though.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. One of the senior managers asked many technical questions about my background but nothing unfair.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to get an increase in salary but I did get an increase in stock options.

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Falls Church, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Office Depot in October 2011.

Interview Details Two interviews with two different managers; Drug test required (located in Manassas, VA); Computer Personal Performance Test (Must be taken in store); about 5 - 10 day process; At least 2 - 3 days of computer training; Item finding test required.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate pay.

Very Easy Interview

Logistics Specialist Interview

Logistics Specialist
Barboursville, WV (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details Very Down to Earth interview! The associates were extremely helpful and super friendly. Manager really tried to fit me into their work environment regardless of the work position I applied for. They were also very informative about the position as well. They also made sure to answer any concerns that you may have as clearly as possible. Not a bad company. Highly recommend for college students that do not have wild school schedules unlike myself.

Interview Question – What motivates you to reach your sales goals?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My everyday schedule was too complex to work at the moment

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details Interview process was OK. Looking for a HUNTER. Must be able to close new sales quickly. Don't expect much training. You'll have to learn on the fly. Company uses a lot of internal acronyms, even when speaking to customers.

Interview Question – How are you going to improve performance if your sales are not at 100%?   Answer Question

Billing Analyst Interview

Billing Analyst

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details The process moved along pretty quickly. I received a call from HR about 5 days after submitting my app and we scheduled a phone screening for two days later. Since I'm not local to the area, they graciously suggested a phone interview with the hiring manager instead of an in-person interview and that was scheduled for two days later. The call was under 30 minutes. I got an email saying they went with another candidate two weeks after the phone interview.

Interview Question – It was completely behavioral based. Questions like tell me about a time when, how did you handle a conflict, etc   Answer Question

Inside Account Manager Interview

Inside Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details Talk with recruiter on the phone, then group interview for 45 minutes, drug test, background check. Whole thing lasted about a month. Poor health benefits and little paid time off though.

Negotiation Details – they would not with me, but have heard others were able to

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot in June 2014.

Interview Details This was by all means the most ad hoc interview I have ever had. I interviewed with 3 managers in Austin, TX, all of whom were sitting at the table with me. These three people were the most unenthusiastic, flat and unimpressive people I have ever encountered in a business setting. In the interview, they asked me to tell them about my experience, after which the only other question was, do you have any questions for us? Had I not asked 5 questions the interview would have lasted 5 minutes. That was 30 minutes of my life I will never get back and were completely wasted. The thought of having to work with one of these three drones made me loose interest in pursuing an ISO position at Office Depot.

Interview Question – None, these people were in no way prepared for the interview.......   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The managers were completely unenthusiastic and devoid of the slightest display of leadership. The most unimpressive managers I have ever encountered.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot in June 2014.

Interview Details Was asked by the store manager if i was ready to give being an assistant a shot and i was willing to interview for the position. The interview took place a week later with our District Manager

Interview Question – What do you like least about yourself?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
High Point, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details I had applied online via the office depot website and from there the process took a month due to technical difficulties with processing background checks for the company.

Once I had filled out an application online it took about a week before I received a call from the assistant store manager, who asked me to come in and complete the computer test which had roughly 123 questions just asking about you and your personality and different store scenarios.

A few days passed before I called the store back since the manger was on vacation when I took the computer test but he asked me to come in to see the assistant manager again for the initial interview

Once I completed the initial interview the store manager called me back for the second interview where we talked about Office Depot, the different "zones" in the store and what I can bring to the table as an employee, he also had me pitch a sale by trying to sell the pen in his hand to him, he said I did very well and asked me to fill out the paper to do the background check

A week passed before I heard back from him he said it was due to him typing my name wrong in the system so they were unable to locate me once he realized the issue and fixed it he called me and asked if I wanted to work from Office Depot of course I said yes, so I start July 3rd 2014 where he said we'll discuss pay and other things.

Interview Question – Sale this pen to me in one minute flat.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He said due to my experience I will have a little wiggle room, once I go to orientation he said we'll discuss this.

Store Management Interview

Store Management

I applied online - interviewed at Office Depot in May 2014.

Interview Details Phone call from HR; more of a feel you out interview... the HR recruiter then scheduled a 1hr football interview via phone. After that, she's said she would forward my information on to the DM of the district. I got a call from the training store manager a week later and met that same week. A very informal interview; advised would heat from the DM within a week. I wad contacted by the DM - very chill interview.

Interview Question – Why Office Depot? What can you bring to the team?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Still pending negotiations; but I found out that the management postings are ' Lead ' positions. Expect Department manager pay.

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!