Office Depot

Getting the Interview

200 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Stocker Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in August 2010.

Interview Details It was kind disjointed. the application process was difficult. the website was hard to navigate. once in i had 2 interviews. 1 with asst manager and one with store manager. both fairly easy. then drug screen and background check.

Interview Question – what was a bad situation with a customer and how did i handle it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in September 2013.

Interview Details behavioral interview model. requires that the interview is more input from the applicant and less dragging information out on the part of the interviewer. Be prepared to give real world job experience answers to questions such as "Tell me about a time when", or "Give me an example of"..."Tell me about a situation when you"

Interview Question – What do you think your most difficult challenge will be if you are offered this position?   View Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Interviewed at Office Depot

Interview Details Several telephone interviews. Mock sales call. Face-to-face interview

Interview Question – Mock interview was the most difficult   Answer Question

Lowes Interview

Winter Garden, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details Very unorganized interview. First interview with HR, who happened to schedule my interview first thing during her shift. She was late to work and hence I had to wait for her. Second interview with department manager. No office space means we first had to find a space and then we were interrupted twice for her to deal with employee problems.

Interview Question – Usual retail interviews. Questions tend to focus on the negative such as "tell me about a mistake you made" " a time when a customer was upset" and so forth. Make sure to spin answer into something positive.   Answer Question

Logistics Specialist Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Office Depot in March 2013.

Interview Details They asked me everything about my resume' jobs Ive worked for and positions Ive been in and asked me detailed questions about those areas and how i handled each situation. basic interview nonetheless and talked about the postition i was applying for.

Interview Question – none. its was a easy and basic interview process   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Beaverton, OR (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details I walked in and got hired. had to tak a drug test and strated the following week

Department Manager Interview

Smyrna, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot in October 2011.

Interview Details Just like any other interview in retail. Very easy interview but Office Depot focus only on making the customer happy so any questions like that come up you will know how to answer them. The customer could be dead wrong but they will make them happy

Interview Question – How would you handle and outrate customer who was wrong?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in January 2014.

Interview Details 3 interviews, plus a 125+ question "personality test"... ridiculous effort to put in for a part-time, minimum wage job!

Interview Question – "Tell me about yourself" (vague question)   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist III Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details One interview, and one in store survey.
Standard interview with a focus on communication skills, and ability to sell various products and services. Must convey a willingness to learn, and the ability to adapt to different sales situations.

Interview Question – There was not a particularly difficult question.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details Test to determine if a Hunter or Farmer, if passed then expect a panel interview.

Interview Question – Standard questions...nothing really out of the ordingaty   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Office Depot

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Office Depot interview questions and advice. All 200 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Office Depot employees and interview candidates.