Ogilvy & Mather Associate Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

4.0

Associate Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I filled out a creative application followed by one in-person interview held at my university. I did not go on to Ogilvy’s Super Saturday round, which is the final stage held at their offices in New York City.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ogilvy & Mather

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Step 1. Application with two Essay Questions (Resume, Cover Letter)
    Step 2. Phone or On Campus Interview (Behavioral interview is 30 mins)
    Step 3. Intensive Interview Day at Ogilvy & Mather NYC with a ton of different exercises to test you and see if you are a good fit for the culture
    Step 4. Offers given about a week later

Associate Interview

Interview

First step: Write three essays and get two faculty recommendations
    second step: Phone behavior interview
    third step: Super Saturday

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to think on your feet.

A time you have failed.

Why Ogilvy

Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Very lengthy process starting with an application requiring an example of what makes you creative... supposed to be something that helps them understand who you are and why they should want to work with you. This is basically your first interview and they have thousands of applicants each year.

In person interviews are invite only for which they usually fly to your campus. One HR director and one executive interview separately both asking similar questions. Guessing they overlap just to get congruity.

A third round is a full weekend of activities out in NY where they put you through all the hoops to see if you are the perfect fit.

Interview Questions

• What is the craziest idea you have ever had and how did you implement it?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

The application process was pretty much straightforward and everything was online.

The planning and appointment of the interview was very convenient as they came onto my campus to conduct it.

I had just one behavioural interview with them and it was your typical interview.

They asked me why Ogilvy and why I would be a good fit.

Typical behavioural questions like:

Tell me about a time when you went against the team.

Tell me about a time when you made a mistake.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2012.

Interview

After submitting a lengthy application, Ogilvy selected a handful of individuals to partake in on-campus interviews. This consisted of two 1:1 interviews with constituents from their local branch. One individual was a higher level executive - she was short and I could not get a good read on her at all. The other individual was much more lively and we had a great conversation. After interviewing, we had to wait another 4 weeks to see if we passed on to the second round interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

A superday-styled full day assessment. Including 3 - 5 behavioral interviews, a group interview and a case presentation

Interview Questions

• The case presentation was the hardest part of the interview process. We were presented with a problem which we had to solve and then present to a panel that judged it and questioned us. We had to do all of this in 1 hour.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. Associates are hired on a fixed contract basis.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied for the Associates Program through my school. I submitted my resume, cover letter, and writing samples.
    After a few weeks, they emailed me to let me know that I was chosen for a 1:1 interview. The interview went well, they asked mostly behavioral questions because as most people know, they want to see if you exemplify their 8 habits.

After the interview, they called me within a few weeks to invite me to SuperSaturday (which is a challenge day).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone that you did not like or get along with and how you overcame that to accomplish your goal.   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenge that you had overcome and how you did it.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The interviewer was very pleasant and friendly. The interview consisted of a variety of behavioral questions.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2011.

Interview

Obviously Ogilvy is a very established firm, and coming in to the interview, I was very nervous. The interview involved a lot of behaviorial questions that I had not been asked during other job interviews, so that kind of left me thinking on my feet. I ultimately did not get the offer, but wish anybody else you interviews for the Associate position the best of luck.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked on a team and any challenges you encountered, and how you overcame them.   Answer Question