OpenText

Updated 26 Oct 2014

2.6

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OpenText.

There were 3 rounds
    written test,Program Round,Technical and HR interview.
    The Written Test was easy if you are good at c++,c and java you can easily qualify.
    Coming to coding Part 3 programs were given You have to write Code in 60 Minutes.
    In Technical and HR if you are good at communication skills and basic knowledge in os,c,c++and java you can get job in open text

Interview Questions
    • Write a Program to Count Trailing no of zeros in factorial of given number   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenText in September 2014.

I was contacted by internal recruiter. Got first phone interview next day. It went well so they invited me to onsite. I talked to hiring manager and few engineers. I took 2 hrs total. Most of the questions were about my past experience. I got few Java and design pattern questions. Got offer next day.

Offer too low.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta Hot Springs, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta Hot Springs, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenText in September 2014.

Within the scope of Job seeking, Process is very easy as you go online or You can also move to the company to fill forms. Managers are really communicative and will provide any information encouraging you to go online to apply and call.
    Interview process is really interesting and may undergo a rigid communicative skill and experience of the interviewee or employee. Since the employer have to make sure he is choosing the right person.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions are twofold sometimes. They may concern the company itself or about your perspective for the company.   View Answer

Lead Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at OpenText.

General interview process. .. nothing outstanding. Mostly standard questions were asked and they covered the complete experience and skills that are listed in our resume. Should be easy enough to tackle these interviews though.

Interview Questions
    • It was easy enough and mostly relevant to the experience   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at OpenText.

Aggressive timeline, aggressive recruiters, with a thorough process. met with 3 levels fo the company, and multiple functions. It was most interesting to talk to other sales people abotu what it takes to be successful there.

Interview Questions
    • "what would people say about you that you would be surprised by?"   Answer Question

Internal Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at OpenText.

1. Telephone Interview (questions about previous position, expected salary)
    2. Face to face interview with the Team Leader(informal, questions about previous work experience, educational background)
    3. Face to face interview with the Hiring Manager (formal, typical questions)

Customer Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OpenText.

This was a 3 step process, My resume was submitted by a internal contact, Then a Phone Interview which simply confirmed the resume. a HR interview which again only checked the facts and added some very general history questions. My Final interview was with the Manager and Vice Manager for the department. This interview was more involved and took over an hour of Q&A. At that point I did not know whether or not I was to be offered the position. So thoughts are that this interview gave Management a good Idea of what I could provide and gave me some feed back on what they were looking for. On the whole a positive interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no Negotiation phase, they offered a salary Take it or leave it...

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brook Park, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brook Park, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OpenText in May 2014.

I applied online through linkedin and had one phone interview before being hired. It was very simple and not threatening. When I arrived on my first day I was handed keys and did some basic training through the phone and online and was set free after that.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenText in May 2014.

Applied via LinkedIn, a week later got an email request for a phone interview. Booked interview for 2 days later. HR was very responsive to my emails. I was quite pleased with the professionalism of the HR recruiter. Phone interview lasted about 20 mins. Began by giving a general overview of the position and duties associated with it. Then moved on to discussing my skill set as it pertains to the position. Recruiter was open to answering any questions I had. Also general HR questions such as are you legally entitled to work in Canada, salary expectations. Call ended with recruiter advising me that she would present my candidacy to the hiring manager and would be in touch in a week.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OpenText in April 2014.

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds. The 1st round was Aptitude+Technical based online test.
    The 2nd round was Technical round in which they ask questions relationg to the projects,java,SQL(most questions).

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were easy.
      The questions on SQL were tricky to solve.They ask questions on BCNF and Transaction Concurrency.
        View Answer
    Prepare well for the interview and do not reject the offer. You may have offers from several consultancy companies but you can't get a better place than in OpenText. Here you will be paid and moved up based on your performance. If it is great, you can a lot of bucks than you would if you were in a consultancy company.