OpenText Interview Questions

Updated 16 Apr 2015

2.6

Trainee Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at OpenText (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

average,depends on manager,if testing manager is conducting interview then,same set of questions are asked for all the candidates else different by average questions are asked.
    few simple logical questions are also asked

Interview Questions

• 1.reverse a string without using predefined function
      2.print factorial of a number
      3.query to fetch highest salary

Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Clunky process, like the left hand didn't know what the right was doing. Two apparently accidental rejection form emails from HR, followed by a request for an on-site first round interview.

In person interview consisted of separate panels of two interviewers. One technical, checking into experience and domain knowledge. The other less technical, more of a Q&A session with discussions and answers to the typical "how have you handled conflict in your career", and "how have you tried to improve your abilities".

After the interview process came a fairly thorough background screening process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a disagreement you had with a co-worker, and how it was handled or resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

One offer, take it or leave it.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at OpenText (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a 3 step process in which we had a normal online test of aptitude which included some questions related to quants, logic, and english.
    After that it was a coding round which had 3 questions to be done in any of our preferred language. They were of a normal level and not too difficult.

After that it was a final technical round in which interviewer was a cool person and he asked some basics of oops and 2 codes to be written in front of him just as a purpose of checking our problem solving.

After each round shortlisting was done and finally out of 100 student around 15 were selected.

Overall it was a easy process.. Which took a day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations were made. Salary was already told to us.

At Hyderbad Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OpenText in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through college, the process consist of aptitude, coding and then the technical interview.Aptitude was easy and consisted of Java,C and C++ and then was the coding round which was of moderate difficulty and the major elimination took place.Interview was very easy and mainly the questions were asked on oops.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OpenText (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

There were 3 rounds
    written test,Program Round,Technical and HR interview.
    The Written Test was easy if you are good at c++,c and java you can easily qualify.
    Coming to coding Part 3 programs were given You have to write Code in 60 Minutes.
    In Technical and HR if you are good at communication skills and basic knowledge in os,c,c++and java you can get job in open text

Interview Questions

• Write a Program to Count Trailing no of zeros in factorial of given number   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenText (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by internal recruiter. Got first phone interview next day. It went well so they invited me to onsite. I talked to hiring manager and few engineers. I took 2 hrs total. Most of the questions were about my past experience. I got few Java and design pattern questions. Got offer next day.

Offer too low.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta Hot Springs, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenText (Murrieta Hot Springs, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Within the scope of Job seeking, Process is very easy as you go online or You can also move to the company to fill forms. Managers are really communicative and will provide any information encouraging you to go online to apply and call.
    Interview process is really interesting and may undergo a rigid communicative skill and experience of the interviewee or employee. Since the employer have to make sure he is choosing the right person.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions are twofold sometimes. They may concern the company itself or about your perspective for the company.   1 Answer

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at OpenText.

Interview

General interview process. .. nothing outstanding. Mostly standard questions were asked and they covered the complete experience and skills that are listed in our resume. Should be easy enough to tackle these interviews though.

Interview Questions

• It was easy enough and mostly relevant to the experience   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at OpenText.

Interview

Aggressive timeline, aggressive recruiters, with a thorough process. met with 3 levels fo the company, and multiple functions. It was most interesting to talk to other sales people abotu what it takes to be successful there.

Interview Questions

• "what would people say about you that you would be surprised by?"   Answer Question

Internal Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at OpenText (Preston, North West England, England (UK)).

Interview

1. Telephone Interview (questions about previous position, expected salary)
    2. Face to face interview with the Team Leader(informal, questions about previous work experience, educational background)
    3. Face to face interview with the Hiring Manager (formal, typical questions)