OpenText

Very Easy Interview

R&D Interview

R&D
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OpenText in June 2010.

Interview Details Excellent detailed multi level interview. I was very excited by the interview process and thrilled by the people I met. Need I say more? The people were all friendly and helpful. In all cases they treated me very well and I was encouraged to join the company,

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straightforward

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Lead Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details General interview process. .. nothing outstanding. Mostly standard questions were asked and they covered the complete experience and skills that are listed in our resume. Should be easy enough to tackle these interviews though.

Interview Question – It was easy enough and mostly relevant to the experience   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details Aggressive timeline, aggressive recruiters, with a thorough process. met with 3 levels fo the company, and multiple functions. It was most interesting to talk to other sales people abotu what it takes to be successful there.

Interview Question – "what would people say about you that you would be surprised by?"   Answer Question

Internal Sales Executive Interview

Internal Sales Executive
Preston, North West England, England (UK)

I applied through another source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details 1. Telephone Interview (questions about previous position, expected salary)
2. Face to face interview with the Team Leader(informal, questions about previous work experience, educational background)
3. Face to face interview with the Hiring Manager (formal, typical questions)

Customer Support Technician Interview

Customer Support Technician
North York, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details This was a 3 step process, My resume was submitted by a internal contact, Then a Phone Interview which simply confirmed the resume. a HR interview which again only checked the facts and added some very general history questions. My Final interview was with the Manager and Vice Manager for the department. This interview was more involved and took over an hour of Q&A. At that point I did not know whether or not I was to be offered the position. So thoughts are that this interview gave Management a good Idea of what I could provide and gave me some feed back on what they were looking for. On the whole a positive interview.

Interview Question – this was 15 years ago, I do not remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no Negotiation phase, they offered a salary Take it or leave it...

Intern Interview

Intern
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at OpenText in April 2014.

Interview Details The interview process consisted of 3 rounds. The 1st round was Aptitude+Technical based online test.
The 2nd round was Technical round in which they ask questions relationg to the projects,java,SQL(most questions).

Interview Question – All the questions were easy.
The questions on SQL were tricky to solve.They ask questions on BCNF and Transaction Concurrency.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Prepare well for the interview and do not reject the offer. You may have offers from several consultancy companies but you can't get a better place than in OpenText. Here you will be paid and moved up based on your performance. If it is great, you can a lot of bucks than you would if you were in a consultancy company.

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in May 2012.

Interview Details Went through 5 interviews and one face to face. Process was pretty simple, meet with hiring manager, spoke with members of his team and senior management. Whole process took 15 days.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for OpenText   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenText in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied via LinkedIn, a week later got an email request for a phone interview. Booked interview for 2 days later. HR was very responsive to my emails. I was quite pleased with the professionalism of the HR recruiter. Phone interview lasted about 20 mins. Began by giving a general overview of the position and duties associated with it. Then moved on to discussing my skill set as it pertains to the position. Recruiter was open to answering any questions I had. Also general HR questions such as are you legally entitled to work in Canada, salary expectations. Call ended with recruiter advising me that she would present my candidacy to the hiring manager and would be in touch in a week.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OpenText in January 2010.

Interview Details 5 interviews

Interview Question – How much you want to make? How much you are making now? You have to answer or you will not get hired.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Senior Graphic Designer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in October 2010.

Interview Details Initial interview: hiring agency. After I passed that phase I came in for an interview with the team lead and a senior designer. Once passed that came in for a production test, once passed that I was interviewed by the team to show my portfolio. Then hired (1mth process)

Interview Question – Wasn't one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary. Salary was above average at the time of initial hiring. Vacation was generous, benefits, great.

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!