OpenText

38 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OpenText in January 2010.

Interview Details 5 interviews

Interview Question – How much you want to make? How much you are making now? You have to answer or you will not get hired.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in October 2010.

Interview Details Initial interview: hiring agency. After I passed that phase I came in for an interview with the team lead and a senior designer. Once passed that came in for a production test, once passed that I was interviewed by the team to show my portfolio. Then hired (1mth process)

Interview Question – Wasn't one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary. Salary was above average at the time of initial hiring. Vacation was generous, benefits, great.

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at OpenText in August 2012.

Interview Details Responded to linkedin add through a recruiter. Had one face to face interview and one phone interview.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The salary was within the range expected. I asked for more vacation and this was not granted.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in February 2014.

Interview Details Interview Process is very big. Almost 6 Technical rounds. Each round around 1 Hour.
I think one level panel members dont believe on previous round panel. Every round was technical and even Project Manager also asked basic core java questions. This seems to be funny. Each interviewer wants to prove himself on what he knows.

Interview Question – Basic Core java question from a Project manager in 6th round was unexpected.   View Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OpenText in January 2013.

Interview Details The process is very direct going directly to the point. Since the company have their own products they are expecting someone that will be capable to learn and have a good relationship with the customer.

Interview Question – The Interview focus on the position, no difficult questions or unexpected questions were made.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negociation was fine and they were open to explain what are the reasons made in the offer.

Software Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Software Quality Assurance Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details 4 interviews on site
meet the team
thorough check of qualitfications
Understading of expectations of position and challenges

Interview Question – What was your biggest challenge at your previous position....?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy going

Senior Solutions Consultant Interview

Senior Solutions Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details Expect it to take about 3 months. The communication is terrible.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was brought into the company through an acquisition and there was no negotiation phase.

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Reading, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at OpenText in January 2013.

Interview Details Not applicable. The "Hiring" process is usually by aquireing your current employer

Technical Architect Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenText in January 2010.

Interview Details Nearly 5-6 rounds of interview, including telephonic, 2-3 rounds of technical rounds, manager, hr and CEO round

Interview Question – Questions are tricky to answer as mostly the questions brings out the working skills   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Washington, DC (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at OpenText in December 2011.

Interview Details Phone and in person

Negotiation Details – short

Interviews for Top Jobs at OpenText

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OpenText interview questions and advice. All 38 interview reviews are posted anonymously by OpenText employees and interview candidates.