Oracle

Getting the Interview

1,106 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Support Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details A very thorough process. You education history Is checked as in everyone is called to confirm resume details. There are a number of interviews to predict how you will fit into the team. The most enjoyable are the technical questions when you get to that stage. I would advise that being truthful and be yourself is the best advise ever.

Interview Question – It is not like the ridiculous questions you get from Google. But specific questions related to the role you are applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Lopsided, here is the offer very little room for movement.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2013.

Interview Details My university contacted me to apply through Oracle's internal HR.

After this, there was a scheduled informal phone interview.

A formal interview was conducted a week after with one of the senior directors.

Conclusively, there was a face-to-face interview with the senior director and one of their team members.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected, just generalised questions about myself and why I wanted to work for oracle   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in July 2012.

Interview Details Long Hiring Process. Start date was unknown until the week I started, as they had internal issues. Wen to a meeting on Oracle's behalf before actually being employed.

Interview Question – How would your experience translate to Oracle processes   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate on salary.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details unstructured for a company as global and rigorous as it manifests to it customers
asked by one hiring person why I was there - he didnt know his snr manager asked for interview
his direct manager got the role being interviewed for incorrectly

Interview Question – why do you want to be a pm here?   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in June 2010.

Interview Details 2 discussions with senior ranking officials focussing on both the technical and business process components

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Sydney

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in June 2011.

Interview Details Multi-tier interview: Manager > Senior Sales Consultant (technical interview) > Senior Management > Principal Manger.

After all successful interviewes, the internal approval process was long and tedious, with heaps of cv validation checkpoints.

Interview Question – 4 pages long answer of technical solutions questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Internet Sales Consultant Interview

Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Interview Details I received an email through my university department that Oracle was looking for hires, so I forwarded my resume. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, who was very negative about my demeanor and told me that I would have to improve when talking to the hiring managed. Briefly introduced myself to the recruiter at the career fair the following week. After the career fair, they invited everyone who had spoke to them to pizza that night. Following this, I received an invite for a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I did the following week. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. The manager seemed completely uninterested in my background and really just wanted to make sure that I knew what I was getting myself into. I got a call later that evening telling me I had got the job. Overall, the whole experience lasted less than 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult, it was all straightforward situation/behavior questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because I could tell from the entire recruitment process that they were not interested in my background or skills, they just wanted warm bodies to fill this position. It seemed WAY too easy to get this job, and thus it appeared that it was a undesirable position. I know several other people who took this job coming out of college, and are now actively looking for other jobs because they didn't like this one.

Software Engineer (Software Developer II) Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted by the hiring manager the very next day. He talked to me about his team and their products. He asked me a few questions about my background to see if I would be a match. He then scheduled three technical phone screens with senior developers. (Posted the questions below).

Once the phone screens were done, I was given a five hour coding exercise in Java. Once I submitted the code, it was reviewed and withing two days, I was called in for an on-site interview at Dallas.

Onsite interview consisted of three technical interviews with two of the same people who already interviewed me on phone, and one new member of the team. I also talked to the Director, Senior Director and VP during the day.

Then they took me to a team lunch, where everyone from the team were present; it was a really long lunch and not the typical lunch interviews you see in an onsite interview. It was fun.

After the lunch, there was a group interview. The manager, along with 3 other senior developers from the team interviewed me in a conference room where I was asked a lot of technical questions, asked to write algorithms and two or three behavioral questions as well..

Once the group interview was over, the Hiring Manager took me around in his car to take a look around the north Dallas area for about an hour. Another new thing I have noticed in an interview.

Later the very next day, I was told that they are satisfied with me and talked briefly about the offer. I was able to negotiate a few thousand dollars. However I could not get any relocation / joining bonus.

The background check was started and it took one month for it to complete. The manager approval process was happening in parallel. Once the background check was done, I received an email with the offer notification the very next day.

Overall it was a pleasant experience interviewing with this team. They were more friendly and open minded than any other team(or company) I have interviewed with.

Interview Question – Phone interview 1:
1. Questions about my projects and work experience
2. Questions from Java - OOPS concepts and multithreading - Nothing unexpected.
3. Some questions about web services and SOA.

Phone interview 2:
1. Questions about my previous work experience
2. Lot of java questions - again, nothing unexpected
3. A simple algorithm question, where I was just asked to orally tell him how I solved a particular problem
4. Questions about design patterns

Phone interview 3 and 4:
1. Questions about my project
2. Software Security concepts
3. Some cryptography and OS related questions
4. A coding question to validate structure of a URL

On-Site interview questions:
1. A puzzle about what doors will be open and closed when 100 people visit all of 100 doors, with some conditions. I don't remember it exactly.
2. There are apples with same weight in each of the ten boxes except one. Find out which box it is using just one use of the weighing scale.
3. Lot of questions on Java
4. Write a program that would take a phone number as input and validate it
5. Implement the functionality of Math.abs() in a single line
6. Design an elevator system - OOPS design
7. Some more algorithm questions that I don't remember
8. One of the interviewer had a print out of java code samples and asked me what the output will be and what code fix has to be done etc...
9. What are the five most important things you expect in your job?
10. Where do you see yourself in 2 months after you join the team, 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years.. lol
11. A puzzle where there are two people where one person always lies and the other person always tells the truth. We should ask them a question and get the right answer. We should ask just one question.

I remember only so much...
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hiring Manager talked to me about the offer package and I was kind of satisfied with the offer. However, when I received the offer letter, I was surprised to see they had offered me more(just a few thousand dollars) than what was discussed.

TAM Interview

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details It was a three step interview process. I was infront of a panel of managers. I was questioned about my experience and my knowledge.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a matching algorithm.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Interview Details Several phone interviews with different people on the team. One was another software engineer, one was (I believe) a software lead, and one was the project manager. It seemed like each person had their own version of a technical "quiz", one was spoken-word and one was actually coding where you had to log in and send them code. What made it a negative experience was that it seemed like they took several days between each one, for no good reason, when each of them claimed they'd get back to you in a few days. After the first technical interview, I didn't hear from them for over 40 days. I had given up but then got another call, and yet another technical interview (with overlap from the first one), then another several days of waiting. Seemed VERY disorganized, like none of them actually talk to each other, and my name got lost in the shuffle.

Interview Question – Technical interviews were all over the board. Basic traversals of loops, pushing/popping data out of data structures, all the way to design and requirements stuff.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle interview questions and advice. All 1,106 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.