Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle
- Software Engineer (116)
- Applications Engineer (55)
- Member of Technical Staff (54)
- Associate Consultant (48)
- Senior Software Engineer (47)
- Business Development Consultant (46)
- Inside Sales Representative (41)
- Applications Developer (40)
- Sales Representative (35)
- Senior Member of Technical Staff (32)
- Software Developer (24)
- Consultant (23)
- Business Analyst (18)
- Principal Consultant (17)
- Senior Applications Engineer (17)
- Sales Consultant (17)
- Engineering (16)
- Senior Consultant (15)
- Account Manager (15)
- Applications Sales Representative (15)
- Intern (14)
- Hardware Engineer (14)
- Senior Sales Consultant (13)
- Director (11)
- QA Engineer (11)
- Sales Manager (11)
- Associate Sales Representative (10)
- Account Executive (10)
- Product Manager (10)
- Principal Software Engineer (10)
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Oracle (Melbourne) in March 2015.
It was a formal process though online application and inside recruiter following up to determine initial qualification. Once through this hate a meeting was set with the hiring manager. This went ok and good report was generated. I have a follow up meeting with The Pre Sales manager. The last interview will be with the VP.
- How do you migrate from selling an on premise solution to that of a SaaS solution ? Answer Question
- Declined OfferDeclined Offer
I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.
The initial response to my application was quite quick (the next day) but the follow up phone call did take its time. The questions that they were asking were quite generic and did not pose any real difficulty
- why oracle? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAccepted OfferPositive Experience
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Oracle.
A very thorough process. You education history Is checked as in everyone is called to confirm resume details. There are a number of interviews to predict how you will fit into the team. The most enjoyable are the technical questions when you get to that stage. I would advise that being truthful and be yourself is the best advise ever.
- It is not like the ridiculous questions you get from Google. But specific questions related to the role you are applying for. Answer Question
Lopsided, here is the offer very little room for movement.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Oracle in September 2013.
My university contacted me to apply through Oracle's internal HR.
After this, there was a scheduled informal phone interview.
A formal interview was conducted a week after with one of the senior directors.
Conclusively, there was a face-to-face interview with the senior director and one of their team members.
- Nothing too unexpected, just generalised questions about myself and why I wanted to work for oracle Answer Question
- No OfferNo Offer
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day – interviewed at Oracle.
unstructured for a company as global and rigorous as it manifests to it customers
asked by one hiring person why I was there - he didnt know his snr manager asked for interview
his direct manager got the role being interviewed for incorrectly
- why do you want to be a pm here? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Oracle (Sydney) in July 2012.
Long Hiring Process. Start date was unknown until the week I started, as they had internal issues. Wen to a meeting on Oracle's behalf before actually being employed.
- How would your experience translate to Oracle processes Answer Question
They would not negotiate on salary.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Oracle (North Ryde) in April 2012.
Mostly successful - the phone screening is good, group assignments are a bit of a joke but pretty straight forward and the first interview was fine. The 2nd interview was shocking - there were a panel of 3 people (1) had already interviewed me the other 2 were bombarding me ripping apart my resume verbally and attacking me. It actually felt more like I was being tortured than an actual interview. They didn't ask one sales question or even try to measure my sales potential at all.
- What industry sector do you think will have the biggest impact on GDP? 1 Answer
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Oracle (Sydney) in June 2011.
Multi-tier interview: Manager > Senior Sales Consultant (technical interview) > Senior Management > Principal Manger.
After all successful interviewes, the internal approval process was long and tedious, with heaps of cv validation checkpoints.
- 4 pages long answer of technical solutions questions Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Oracle (Melbourne) in June 2010.
2 discussions with senior ranking officials focussing on both the technical and business process components
- None Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Oracle (Sydney) in February 2010.
Fairly straight forward. Alot of situational type questions. Ask questions on previous experience and why I beleived I would be a suitable fit for the role. Asked to talk through my most proudest sale.
- What are the 3 personal values that you hold most dearest? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review