Oracle Sales Consultant Interview Questions

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through head hunter. He told me the company is very aggressive in filling up vacancy these days, and some hiring managers did told the head hunters that they may have to hire less experienced/talented people in order to maintain the head count.

I was interviewed by a manager who told me he has technical background, however, I wasn't faced with technical questions much. Instead, most of the questions are related to my own job background and particular projects which drawn his interest. Anyway, he was a nice guy to me to talk with.

Interview Questions
  • How do you persuade a customer who is not happy with Oracle?   Answer Question

I decided in not working in IT vendors but rather go for banking and finance in-house.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Contacted the recruiting manager through career fair at my college. Interview was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions asked were about team work experiences and how I handle a difficult task/hardship.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Originally meet them at an on campus meeting, from there they immediately offered me an on the phone interview. From there I proceeded to have multiple phone interviews with them. It took them quite a while to get back to me after each interview. After my first interview I thought I had not got another interview as it took them multiple months to get back to me.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. Just why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

The interviewing stage is so long. Too long. There is three to four rounds of interviews, which includes a final presentation. The fist few interviews are basic HR interview and are pretty easy. Then a manager will either come to you or you will meet them somewhere, all of the travel is taken care of for you. The final round is not about your product knowledge but more of how you present and general industry knowledge.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

Some what slow process. Very involved interview process with multiple members of the team and their leadership

Interview Questions
    • Would I be willing to take a cut in base pay with potential to make more on future commissions   Answer Question

Consulting Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in May 2013.

Phone interview, went well, the first face to face interview went well and then met with 3 hiring managers. Great company with new changes coming.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Was recruited via LinkedIn. Was recruited by Workday at the same time. Two completely different experiences. Oracle had the recruiter interview me by phone first. Next came a short interview with my potential manager. Each interview was maybe a half hour. Finally they flew me out to Atlanta to interview with another manager and the director of consulting. I was required to give a 15 minute presentation just to make sure I was up to the task, and to check my delivery. They told me if there was an offer it would come in a couple weeks, which was nice because they didn't leave me hanging. Two weeks later came the offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I expected to handle moving from a smaller company with 14,000 employees to a large company like Oracle with 120,000 employees. Didn't see that one coming.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was rough. They were hiring a lot of people and didn't seem terribly interested in moving the number.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in February 2013.

Applied online through Linkedin
    phone interview with recruiter
    phone interview with manager
    presentation with group including managers and other sales consultants

Interview Questions
    • Present some type of technology to us for 30 minutes over webex   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

Contacted initially by a recruiter for a phone interview (phone screen). About 30-40 minutes on the phone. Got an e-mail within a week about an in person interview which was comprised of two 30 minute interviews and a 20 minute presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Behavior based interview - none were that unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

phone interview and then in person presentation

No negotiation