Oracle

24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Physical Design Interview

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

Interview Details For new graduate employment, one phone interview+one on-site interview

Interview Question – phone interview, since graduate employment without much experience, some problems appeared in the advanced process technology seems no way to answer.   Answer Question

HW Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details Standard process. Got call when I was in college. Met multiple teams, questions were mostly standard questions for instance Fifo design, tomosula algorithm, some puzzles etc
Interviewed with around 3 teams in same day, ~8 hours of interview quite a few questions were repeated among teams as they seem to have standard questions.

Interview Question – TOmasulo Algorithim   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was more interested in system SW & got another offer from competing organization

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in October 2010.

Interview Details Hiring was off campus career fair at Stanford. In interview I had to answer coding style questions, RTL verification questions, circuit timing questions, etc.

Interview Question – Question in arbitration.   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

Interview Details The campus recruiter distributed my resume to several hiring managers and within a week I got phone calls from several managers. They all basically told me about what their group does and learn about my technical background. Then if you show interest in their positions they will tell recruiter to arrange an onsite interview. During the onsite they didn't ask too much technical questions but just talked to you further by introducing their group and asking more details about your phd work and course work.

Interview Question – Setup time hold time violation definition, solutions... How would two closely placed wires interfere each other.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not too much space to negotiate

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

Interview Details One phone interview followed by one onsite interview. In the phone interview the manager basically asked me questions on the resume. One week later I got the onsite interview. There are 3 groups and each group has 4 interviewer. The questions are not hard. Such as setup time hold time, noise margin, power, etc.

Interview Question – Adjust the duty cycle of a clock   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Oracle in December 2009.

Interview Details Interviewing and hiring process took a very long time. Although the hiring manager kept in contact during the process and apologized for the delay.

Interview Question – None really, just the basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, they offered you a salary and you either said yes or no.

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Interview Details Online application, got three phone interviews within two weeks. The calls are from different groups of their harware design team. The questions are not hard, mostly related to your projects. I remember there are logic design, layout, data structure and so on. No tricky questions overall, just some basic stuff.

Interview Question – No tricky questions overall.   Answer Question

Hardware Developer Interview

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in May 2013.

Interview Details The interview process is long and slow overall. Went through about 5 phone interviews in a span of about 4 weeks. First phone screening was with HR, then hiring manager, then a bunch of other senior engineers and finally an on-site interview with 4 different engineers (some of which I've spoken to on the phone before). Still a couple of weeks to wait for the approval from upper management after the unofficial acceptance from the hiring manager. A background check was also performed.

Interview Question – No tricky questions overall, most stuff can be found online. Very typical entry level engineering questions such as solving a circuit using KVL/KCL, simple MOSFET applications, simple flipflop applications, draw a simple state machine, and demonstrate basic understanding of circuit boards.   Answer Question

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Senior Hardware Engineer
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in November 2009.

Interview Details really good screening

Interview Question – computer architecture, cache state transition   View Answer

Software Engineer IV Interview

Software Engineer IV
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in July 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview was technical. Coding questions on binary trees, find the error in some code. Also on mutex, locks, memory management.
Onsite interview was also some coding on bitmaps, binary trees, mutexes.
Not too difficult. People were nice.

Interview Question – A puzzle   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was lower than market.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle interview questions and advice in Santa Clara, CA. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.