Oracle

Getting the Interview

35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details First round of telephonic conversation, followed by extensive and in-depth face to face discussions.

Interview Question – Nothing as such unexpected. But was asked to create overall design/implementation details.   Answer Question

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2012.

Interview Details First recruiter finds my resume on Linkedin and she gave me a call, described what job it is, have a simple English communication, and asking me to think about for days. Then 2 days after we have another call, and I gave her my resume, and the process began. About 1 week later I got an phone call from the team, after about 30 minutes phone call, we have a 2-3 hours interview. This is first round interview, 4 rounds including 1 paper test.

1 week later I've been told I passed the 1st round, and next round will be an online meeting with managers in US. It was last about 1 hour
2 weeks later I got the offer.

Interview Question – no such questions   Answer Question

Burlington, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2012.

Interview Details Applied online and got a call two weeks later. Basically going through my work experience and was told I will be contacted shortly. A week later HR arranged for in person interview that lasted 3 hours. Mostly technical questions. Abstract vs interface etc.

Interview Question – there was no difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got what I wanted

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details multiple technical rounds, Manager round and HR round. Not so hard to crack. Make sure you are confident on what you answer.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

Interview Details I submitted my resume at the University Career Fair in September 2013, and got contacted within a week. Scheduled an onsite interview without any phone screens. I was interviewed by 6 groups on both the Redwood city and the Santa Clara campuses. After the interviews the HR asked me to rank the groups according to my preferences.
I got the feedback within 48 hours, and I got in the group that I was most interested in.

Interview Question – What would happen during a page fault?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was very competitive. I didn't negotiate.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2012.

Interview Details One Technical Screening Round - [On Phone]
Followed by series of face-face technical rounds regarding technology, design approach, algorithm writing, architecture and few aptitude questions. There is no separate HR or negotiation round. This was for oracle ADF team, wherein, questions were mostly based on algorithm, complexity and then inclined towards J2EE frameworks (mostly JSF). The interviewers were very good and I enjoyed the whole process. They released the offer letter after 40 days.

Interview Questions

• When you are developing a web portal for which contain sensitive information, how should you maintain the session?   View Answer
  • For my previous question I gave the answer to be a combination of session object at the server side and using encoding for securing sensitive information. Then, interviewer asked that, Session object also uses cookies/url re-writing for maintaining the state based on the client browser settings, then how is it secure? as you said that cookies are at client side and URL re-writing has its own problems like following any link to outside application and then coming back to the application which will not have the encoded user state in the URL?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details Total 5 rounds of Interview.
3 Technical rounds + 1 Techno-HR+1 HR round

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details I was acquired through an acquisition. No process involved.

Interview Question – Unsure of fate as the new company was taking over. In the end it was smooth.   Answer Question

Broomfield, CO (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Oracle in August 2013.

Interview Details This was the most efficient interview process I've ever seen.

The HR phone screen was a standard 45 minute conversation with the recruiter. They made the decision to move forward within just a few hours.

The technical phone screen was with the Senior Engineer, hiring Manager and Manager's boss. Each had their own technical questions - the Senior engineer asked challenging technical questions about the Java language, the manager asked about schedules, project decisions, etc, and the Manager's boss asked about interpersonal skills and experiences. It was gruelling and I thought I had failed. They made the decision to move forward within 1 hour.

The on-site interview was most impressive: The hiring manager brought his entire team into a conference room and asked "Tell us about yourself". That allowed everyone to hear about me and we didn't need to go over my experience 6 times. Then all except 2 engineers left and they asked hard Java questions for a while, and then 2 others relieved them and asked more hard technical questions. Then the hiring manager came back and asked if I had any questions for him and then it was all over. Only 2 hours and they had a pretty good sense of what I could do. The downside was that I didn't get as much of a chance to learn about them as I would have liked. The best part? They made their decision and contacted me with an offer within two hours.

Interview Question – Here's an obscure piece of code. What will be printed at line 27? (actually, I got this question several times, but thankfully they didn't use messed-up variable names). They also asked about infrequently used language features: "Transient", "Volatile", "Finalize", etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me a lower, but competitive salary, so I decided not to try to improve that. I did request more vacation time (which they were able to accomodate) and I also asked that they more their offices closer to my house :-) (they declined, but did agree that I could work from home sometimes).

Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2009.

Interview Details There was a phone screen followed by three rounds of personal interviews. Expect a lengthy process, it took about one month before I got offer in my hand.

Interview Question – They ask you to write code on the board, they give you few puzzles to slove.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offer low salary at first, I had to bargain to get more salary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Senior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.