PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions

Updated 23 Apr 2015

2.7

Loan Support Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

Short phone interview and in-person interview with a panel of two managers of the Commercial Loan department. There was little discussion about the pay scale, which made it a little difficult to negotiate a salary in the first interview.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in the position when you were in the application process?   Answer Question
    • Do you think you work better with a team, or individually?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a situation if you caused a mistake/how would you explain to the client what happened?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Holland, MI (US)).

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call later that week that basically clarified my work availability. Another phone call the next week talking about work experience and basic interview a questions. Finally had an in person interview with the assistant branch manager. Then later that week with the branch manager. Got a call later that day from the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating available. Was told my hours and pay rate.

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Although, I was early the interview started late. The manager didn't seem to be experienced enough or open-minded enough to be conducting an interview. This manager didn't possess certain skills and openly seemed to attempt to find something "wrong" with my resume. After naming all the qualities that were being looked for and it being confirmed that I have them, I began to consider that this manager may have been looking for something specific that would be more discriminatory. By the way that certain sentences were phrased and views expressed I believed that I may have been discriminated against for example, I was expected to be less professional and less intelligent based on my ethnicity.

This manager didn't possess certain qualities that I have seen of a great interviewers and seemed to have already come to certain conclusions about me and my experiences before any questions were asked (the facial expressions showed this) and those conclusions were kept even after I provided a way for the reasoning to be understand in its entirety. The interview was conducted recently and therefore it is too early to be presented with an offer at all.

On a side note, I was greeted exceptionally well by the tellers. They were professional, friendly, and extended those same greet traits to each and every customer that I saw come in.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The interview wasn't too difficult. They asked typical questions and the interviewer was friendly. My only complaint was about the actual job posting was a little misleading. The role was totally customer service and you would be on the phone the entire day but you really didn't get that from the description.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was pretty easyy the questions were very easy. Had a phone interview then went into their building. Overall it was a very good interview. I am glad that I decided to go through this application process

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Jersey City, NJ (US)).

Interview

Interview process was pretty smooth and punctual. The first and foremost was the phone interview, which lasted around 15 minutes. About a week later, I was called in for a one on one interview with the branch manager and approximately a week after that, I had my final interview which was with the district manager. Once I was done with the final interview, they offered me a position exactly a week later.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you overcame a difficulty/problem?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to respond to an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Training Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

Short personality assessment required to go with online application. Initial phone interview with potential manager then another phone interview with that person's manager (both were located remotely). PNC then chose 2 candidates to give a teaching presentation to a panel of potential co-workers, manager and two regional managers. A Q&A session followed the presentation.

Interview Questions

• Give specific example of a situation you had to address when a co-worker would not do what you asked. How did you resolve the problem?   1 Answer

Salary offered was not in line with industry standards for this type of position

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted for a brief phone interview from the HR person. She asked me about three behavioral questions before inviting me to a super day event happening in Pittsburgh. The super day was a two day process happening at the Westin Hotel. The first night was an informal marketing night. You had the opportunity to talk to executives and ask how they like PNC. The next day was a formal interview. It was three, twenty five minute interviews. These interviews were extremely relaxed. They were formatted like a conversation, each interviewer asked three questions each.

Risk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then on-site interview. First, HR did the phone screening and asked questions about the reason why are you leaving the current company. After the first step, a hiring manager did the phone interview with me.

Interview Questions

• briefly work through the project I have done and some technical skill when building statistical models.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Phone interview. Then online test with some pretty bizarre questions some having nothing to do with the position. Passing that you get invited to a Group interview of about 40-50 potential employees. Had to speak about yourself in front of the entire group about yourself and your backround. About 10 managers split people up into groups of 4 or 5. They then go around the group and ask interview questions. Pretty awkward. Then they take everyone on a tour in the call center while people are taking live calls. I was originally offered the job then they called me back 5 min. later to tell me that they decided to not extend the offer to me. I was floored and speechless. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question