PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions

Updated 27 Oct 2014
Updated 27 Oct 2014

2.7

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

there were a total of four interviews.
    Two online, one telephone, and one in person. the telephone and online interviews were simple enough. The in-person interview was a joke. If you are not a minority, don't expect to be hired in any management level positions. Just keeping it real.

Interview Questions
    • Do you get along with people of "different" backgrounds?   View Answer
    They were pretty set on pay and benefits... Not much wiggle room.

Teller Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Orange, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Orange, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Filled out the application online, received and e-mail a few days later asking me to set up a phone interview. They only gave me 2 times with 30 minutes I'd need to be available for. I replied to the e-mail with my chosen time slot. Received an e-mail at around 2:00am the next morning asking me to confirm the time (which I couldn't because I had already done that). The day of the "interview" came I received a call within 10 minutes of the scheduled time. The person on the other end of the phone was rather rude, very short with me, cut me off several times and very unprofessional. The "interview" lasted no more than 8 minutes and I was told I'd receive an e-mail follow up if I was selected. I received the e-mail but I decided not to pursue employment with PNC based on my experience with the person over the phone.

Associate Trust Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Initial communication came through Linkedin. The recruiters were wonderful and stuck to their word. Gave continuous updates and were accommodating - worked around my schedule to get interviews scheduled. Lengthy process; took a few months, but was told that from the beginning.

Interview Questions
    • What's something about you someone wouldn't expect?
      What does your career path look like to you over the next 10 years?
      How did you handle a team member who wasn't a team player?
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

Nearly all behavioral questions. I had a first round that was purely to check to see if I was a real person, followed by the superday which was a series of behavioral interviews. Emphasize the "tell me about yourself" and the "well what do you know/like about my group" area of questions.

Capital Markets Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

I applied through my college career center. I received a first round interview where it was largely behavioral with some questions about financial statements and current events. I was invited to the super day the following week. There was a reception the night before where you got to meet and talk to some of the current PNC employees. The super day consisted of 4 interviews (2 on 1) with the different groups at PNC. Afterwards, if a specific group is interested in you, you will receive an email to continue with next steps.

Finance and Accounting Development Program Interview

First I went through a round of on campus interviews. After being selected for their Super Day, I went to a pre-interview day reception to network and learn more about the company. In the super day, I had three interviews. They were mostly behavior based questions and it was a lot of talking about your resume. Nothing was too challenging.

Interview Questions
    • Why is different about PNC's balance sheet or another financial services company's balance sheet compared to a regular industry company's balance sheet?   Answer Question

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Filled online application, had a call for phone interview followed by group interview... Then i was selected among the lot to meet the branch manager at my closest location for another phase of interview. Their system was pretty smooth. You need to have a good understanding of banking products and sales. If you have previous banking industry experience, then you will be an Ideal Candidate for them!!

Interview Questions
    • Your knowledge about banking , what have you done in selling banks products, how to handle difficult clients, a lot of questions so prepare very well!!!   Answer Question
    Basically you need to negotiate a little bit but don't stress so much!!!

Financial Advisor Interview

Be ready to role play a client scenario. Expect an objection and be ready to overcome it. Also be prepared for at least four interview. Two with the investment managers and two with bank side managers.

simple

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Hiring is pretty simple. If you get them to call you (which can take forever). They ask basic questions and generally it takes about 20 minutes. Nothing was really out of the ordinary. Mine happened at the manager's desk in the lobby not in an office away from everyone.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time that a customer was upset with you and how you solved the problem.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

had one phone interview were they asked very broad a basic questions about past work experiences and environments. Also asked what my future schedule was like and how I handled the work environment myself. After was told that I would have a personal interview in order to be offered the position.