PNC Financial Services Group

Getting the Interview

41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details Phone interview asking about experience, then met with Branch Manager

Interview Question – Where do I want to go with my career.   Answer Question

West Dundee, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2011.

Interview Details initial phone interview, followed by an assessment then a face to face interview, sometimes followed by a second face to face interview

Interview Question – Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and you overcame it?   Answer Question

Interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview Details Filled out the application online, and received a phone call from the local "recruiter". Short phone interview with simple questions such as: "Why do you want to work for PNC", "Have you ever had to up-sale with clients". This led to a face-to-face interview with the bank manager and head teller at the branch I applied for. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of sales, team and leadership questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you had a project, and it didn't end well? Or you didn't finish it on time?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Teller Interview

I applied online and interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details Great Hiring and Interview process they involve everyone needed.

Negotiation Details – Not stressful or hard they were very firm!!

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details HR rep calls you and does a quick phone interview then sets you up with the Branch manager for a formal interview at the branch you will be working.

Interview Question – Was there a time you ever went out of your way to help a customer? When? What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate hourly wage

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2012.

Interview Details The phone interview ran for about 10-15 minutes. We reviewed the job description and then compared it with my resume. My Interview process is tomorrow at 6pm. It is a group interview.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was when they asked for my hardest decision with my last job.   View Answer

Teller
Bloomfield Hills, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2013.

Interview Details Did an online app. Was emailed less than a week later to set up a telephone interview. The recruiter mainly told me the starting pay and asked why I wanted to leave my current job. He sent me a link for an assessment. After I finished that I was sent a link for an application. A few days later I got a call to set up another phone interview. That interview was questions about my strengths, qualities, etc. I was contacted by phone again to set up an in person interview. I completed that. The interviewers were very informative. Was sent an email the following week notifying me I was not selected for the position.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for our bank versus other banks?   Answer Question

Whitehouse, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2012.

Interview Details I had a phone interview first with questions about my previous experiences. They wanted to know what I did at my previous jobs and why I left. Next I was setup for an in person interview with the Branch Manager and Teller Supervisor. The interview was over an hour but it was a very positive experience. The Branch Manager had a lot of questions about my sales and customer service experience. They explained the process of becoming a teller and what the job includes. The Teller Supervisor asked me questions about my cash handling experience.

Interview Question – I think the phone interview was more difficult because they asked those same questions of explain a customer service issue and how you dealt with it. It's hard when you are on the spot to remember details and quickly explain it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called and offered me the position

Interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview Details The interview was quite simple, and you are contacted after filling out an online application. When you walk in the branch, everyone is dressed professionally and you immediately sense that these are very genuine people. The interview was brief, just going over the resume information. They want to get a feel for how well you will fit in, because the company is made of very close knit groups of employees.

Interview Question – We're looking for a real firecracker to keep the atmosphere in the office booming, are you a good fit?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase for this job; all salaries are on a tiered system.

Interview Details Basic questions regarding cash handeling

Interview Question – How you take care of customer needs   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PNC Financial Services Group

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group Teller interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees and interview candidates.