Panera Bread Cashier Interview Questions

Updated 4 Oct 2014

1.8

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

I came in early around 9. The General Manager was busy working on the outside. So a cashier went to go get him. He came up to me, and shook my hand and asked if I wanted coffee. We sat down and I got hired after he asked three questions. He's a really nice guy. And I had a great experience.

Interview Questions
  • Can you handle rude customers?   View Answer
  • How is this job similar to your other jobs? And what did you like about it?   View Answer
No negotiation. He offered me more money than I intended on getting.

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

I was looking for a job, and I happened to mention it to one of the cashiers who asked what I was up to that day, she immediately grabbed a manager, who sat down and discussed my background and previous experience. I was strongly encouraged to submit an application. I submitted the application --which consists of the typical application related questions, as well as a personality fit assessment. I followed up about four days later and was brought in for my first interview. The interview lasted about ten minutes, and the interviewer seemed really positive, scheduling my second interview for the following morning. I went in for the second interview, I spoke with an even higher level manager, the interview lasted about a minute before he offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Questions held an unexpectedly personal nature -- Questions about non work related hobbies, personality traits, and other personal information   Answer Question
    If you've got some experience, push the pay scale range a little bit above what you want, (and think you actually deserve) and negotiate a lower deal, hopefully more than your minimum.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in September 2014.

I went in one day and saw they had applications out. I took the time to fill it out in store while eating and when I was finished I brought the application to the manager. She reviewed it right there in front of me and asked if I had time for an interview on-spot. After the preliminary interview I was asked to come back in a week, where I was interviewed again and got the job. A week later I got my schedule and did a session at Planet Bread before I started working.

No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Panera Bread in September 2014.

I got called in for an interview for a Panera Bread that was opening up near my home. When I got to the interview, 15 minutes early, the man who interviewed me was plain terrible. For starters, he didn't bother to get up to greet me, just called me over. And he didn't look ME in the eyes, despite the fact that I was looking at him the entire interview. He also rested his head on his hand and stared at his laptop for pretty much the entire interview. And to top it all off, he didn't tell me anything about the business, the position, or even where the store was being built because he hadn't bothered to find out. I got offered a position, and I turned it down. I wasn't at all impressed with this company based on how I was treated at the interview.

Interview Questions
    • "How do cashiers go above and beyond"
      I answered this question with the basics, plus added some things that I thought of quickly, and the man wasn't impressed, instead kept asking over and over that same question until I told him that I can't think of anything else to add.
        Answer Question

I was treated very poorly and was very unimpressed.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2014.

I Applied online and received a call the next day.Two days later went in for an interview and was offered a drink.The interview was relaxed and laid back.I got hired on the spot.

Offered $8/hr

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in September 2014.

I applied for the job two weeks before getting the call for the interview. I really enjoyed the interview, the managers were nice, and seemed really excited to have me there. They even offered me the job and told me that they would call me to let me know when orientation is.

Interview Questions
    I'm still working on it.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2014.

The manager was super rude. He definitely didn't care at all, I had an interview, and he wasn't nice at all. He never smiled, or anything. Never will I probably go back again.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

It went really well; the general manager took my interview and he said he would like to see me working there in the future. I was supposed to get a follow up call for the second interview but didn't. I called back a few days later and left a message, to see when I was supposed to come in next, but they did not reply back to my message.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in January 2014.

It was fine. Not the best.

Interview Questions
    • They kept asking how old I was. It was kind of insulting after repeatedly telling them.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2013.

Had one on one interview. Everything was very standard; tell me about yourself, previous work experience. We discussed training, projected start date and pay. Was told I would train in different areas and not to expect to full time work. I was offered the job and am awaiting to find when I will begin training.