Panera Bread

370 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Panera Bread Associate Interview

Panera Bread Associate

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2014.

Interview Details Really easy process not too many questions. Quick and simple interview. Hired on the spot. Asked to come back next week for information and uniforms. Overall very easy interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Panera Bread

Interview Details Meet with several managers. Have to go online and fill out an application and you can call or come in to check the status of you application. Once that is done you should know weather they would like to follow up with an in person interview.

Interview Question – fairly straight forward question.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details Basic questions, ie. "Why do you want to work here? How long do you see yourself with the company?" Nothing too complicated or requiring much thought. Very simple process: Do well in the interview, sign the papers a few days after a background check.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult for experienced workers, new job seekers may not even have too much trouble   Answer Question

Associate Trainer Interview

Associate Trainer
Greensboro, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2010.

Interview Details Really simple interview process. Sat down with the store manager. Less than 30 minutes long. They called me within days of applying, then hired me the day after the interview. You train for a few weeks, learn the menu, and how to make all the food. Some stay on food prep, some move to cashier/bakery.

Interview Question – "Why should we hire you?"   View Answer

Night Baker Interview

Night Baker
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and received a call about a month later for a interview. I was asked normal interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. I was also asked quite a bit about the company. The Hiring Manager was very friendly and professional. I was then told more about the position and about Panera. How they donate to food banks or shelters nightly. I am hoping to hear back soon about the job and look forward to working for this company.

Panera Bread Associate Interview

Panera Bread Associate
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2014.

Interview Details Initially seemed an upbeat and friendly workplace, but it didn't last. Turning in the application and getting an interview wasn't a problem, it was the managers following through with their appointment for the orientation (that they themselves set up) that was problematic. The first time I went in for the orientation, they were "in the middle of an audit" and were too busy to do it. Okay, annoying that they didn't call me before I drove all the way out there, but people make mistakes (but honestly, shouldn't they have been more prepared for their audit instead of rushing to get everything as presentable as possible the day of? Not good in my book, because they have at least all month to do these things). Rescheduled the orientation at a later time, but when I came back for that one, I was once again turned away because the manager wasn't even there, and again, they failed to notify me until after I got there (which seems to me they probably didn't even know I was coming *again*). This time I was more than annoyed at their display of total incompetence, and, not one to put up with nonsense more than once, I abandoned my pursuit in working for an entire organization that will now forever have a black mark on it's name.

Interview Question – What do you like to do outside work?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – See above.

Customer Associate Interview

Customer Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details I applied online and got a call the next day to come in for an interview with one of their managers. The following week I went into my interview and the manager asked a couple questions about why I wanted to work there and it took all of 5 minutes. Then she said she'll call me if they want me to come in and interview with the main branch manager. She called me about an hour later and I scheduled to come in the next week. Interviewing with the head manager became a difficult because she had to leave for an emergency right when my interview was and I spoke with another manager and she said they liked me so much that they'll hire me, but they can't do it right now. I called two weeks later to schedule a meeting with the head manager again but there was no available time.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Panera?   View Answer

Associate Trainer Interview

Associate Trainer
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2010.

Interview Details Interview with manager it was really easy, you fill in an application online which takes forever to do, they call you in and the process takes about 30 minutes. They generally hire you on the spot and then ask what hours you are available

Negotiation Details – None

Night Baker Interview

Night Baker
Brookfield, WI (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online not knowing much about this company besides that they sell tortellini. I was called for an interview that week as well as an observation. I had one interview with the district manager. It consisted of very basic questions. After the interview they set up an observation to see if you will like the job. It is two hours long and consists of standing around by an oven while they "teach" you how to "bake." Keep in mind that they do not make anything at the cafes; it is all made at a factory and shipped in (not confidential information, they will tell you this during the observation). After the observation they will sit you down and see how you feel about the job. If you like it, and they like you, then they will make you an offer. It is important to know about this company before going in for an interview.

Interview Question – Imagine you cannot complete your duties for the night. What do you skimp on? Sanitation, quality or completing all tasks?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Depends on experience and what shift you are willing to work.

Line Prep Interview

Line Prep
Metairie, LA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2012.

Interview Details the store was just opening and all you had to do was go up there get a card and apply online, I got a call the day after, went to interview, had a second interview, the process was really quick and easy, they did not allow you to negotiate very much because they were hiring a lot of people trying to pay them all the minimum.

Interview Question – why should we hire you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none at all.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!