Panera Bread Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
Updated Aug 23, 2014
389 interviews

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Williamsburg, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA (US)

The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Panera Bread in May 2014.

Sent my Resume to the district Manager received an a initial integer view which went well, I was offered the position but declined it because they dragged out the paper work.

Interview Questions

They dragged out the paper work process and the training.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tacoma, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

Took two or three weeks. Got a phone call and scheduled an interview. Was offered a free drink and sat down with the shift manager. She was friendly, gave a run down of the store and what position they were looking for. First she asked about my schedule, then moved on to pretty basic interview questions. Was told they'd call back to schedule a second interview.

Cashier/Barista Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I loved working at Panera but the only down side to me was closing and having an immature manager. Once you fill the application out online, I had called up there and one manager contacted me the beginning of the next week. The interview process was relatively simple, just smile and answer questions honestly which just pertain to work experience and why you feel your a good fit to deliver 'Panera Warmth'.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with irate, irrational customers?   Answer Question
    • What should you do if you witness another associate or even a manager stealing.?   Answer Question
    You start at $8.00 an hour but after 6 months you get a raise and if you become a trainer you get an additional raise, so there is definitely room for growth at Panera Bread.

Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Had one interview a few days after applying. I was interviewed by the manager and hired on the spot. The interviewer was very nice and professional. After I was hired there was an orientation where they just showed me around the store and did paperwork.

Interview Questions
    Make sure you know that they don't give you the position you interviewed for. You have to start by working in the food preparation.

Associate North Druid Hills (Atlanta) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  North Druid Hills, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in North Druid Hills, GA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2012.

I applied online, and was called two days later for a interview. I arrived 10 minutes early, and was told that it would be just a moment. I sat down, and waited over 30 minutes before the interviewer approached me, and stated that he was doing some paper work and would be with me in a moment. Finally someone else approached me (different person) and interviewed me for 6 minutes. She didn't say goodbye and I wasn't able to ask questions since she turned and started speaking to someone else. She seemed as if she didn't want to be there and was bothered that she had to interview me.

Panera Bread Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2013.

It was very professional. He was nice and relaxed. He made me feel at ease and introduced me to everyone and made me feel welcomed. Asked me a couple of question. Explained what the uniform was and where I was going to be working at. all in all it was a positive experience.

General Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2010.

I had 2 interviews. The 1 st one with a GM 2nd with a DM nothing to in depth with either one. Both were exceptional fellas. They were both very positive about the position I was applying for. Both seemed to be quite happy with their current states.

Interview Questions
    They were able to get me close to what I needed.

Crew Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Panera Bread.

They gave me a cup to get a drink and they asked basic questions about my past experiences. There was not many hard questions and took less than 15 minutes. The manger really acted like he didn't want to be there and told me they are interviewing many people and to call back in 3 days to check on my application.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I must have applied at a good time or a time when they were really short on help, because all three Panera locations I applied to (online) called me that day to set up interviews. I was completely surprised because I am use to companies taking almost a month to contact me. I still have one interview to go, but so far both interviews were very positive experiences. This is high praise from me because I am introverted and hate interviews and "selling myself."

Interview Questions
    • What would your friends say your strengths/weaknesses are?   View Answer
    No negotiation on my part. I think if you're a really good fit or have previous experience at Panera you might be able to negotiate. I chose not to try.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2014.

I applied a few months before my interview but I was not considered because I did not have prior experience. I later received a job at another restaurant so I updated my Panera application online. I was called back almost two weeks later. I interviewed with one of the managers and it went well. He asked me to come back the next day to speak with another manager. After speaking to the other manager the next day, she offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!