Party City Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
85 interviews

2.0

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City in August 2014.

I applied in person and was called about an hour later for an interview about a week away. The interview went well and the questions were relatively easy (mostly about availability). I was available any time after 9:30 and open on Saturdays and Sundays but wasn't available at all for an entire week during October but I was still offered a position.

No negotiation, minimum wage

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Party City in September 2012.

I went in and filled out an application. They called me a week or so later, and set up an interview for the following day. I came in early, the assistant manager asked me a few basic questions. Was told to come in the next day to talk to the manager, he told me to come in the next day to start training.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kissimmee, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Party City in August 2014.

I applied online on their website and got a call back about three or four weeks after.When the manager called back we set a date and time for the actual interview and, and when i went i showed up maybe a few minutes early, which was a big pointer for her, and the interview lasted only about 5 minutes tops. I was nervous in the beginning but she was kind and helpful knowing it was my first interview.

Interview Questions
    • none, the manager pretty much guided me through the whole interview, they were all basic and easy to answer.   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City.

The general manager called me in to do an interview and when I got there he greeted me at the door and took me to the back. He started with the basic questions that where on the application then started getting into the more complex things. He told me he had two more interviews to do and that he would call me. By that night he called me offering me the position and I went in the next day for paper work and training.

General Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Party City.

Phone interview with HR. The next step was an interview with the DM. He called about an hour later to interview with the Regional and Regional HR managers who happened to be in town visiting stores.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral based questions about past experiences to determine your reaction to pressure situations.   View Answer
    There was not one offer was what I requested.

General Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Party City.

The process seemed similar to other companies; a telephone interview with recruiter, then personal interview with DM and then phone interview with RM, background check process. The DM interview was good and detailed, including a walk of the sales floor together.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult for me was when asked about my weaknesses. It's always hard to define weaknesses in an interview.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Party City.

You will need to be engrained in customer service. You will need to know what planograms are. You will need to know how to handle difficult situations.The last interview is done using a podcast on your computer.

Interview Questions
    No salary negotiation possible.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hurst, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Party City in June 2011.

The first manager I worked under was Chris. He was quick with the interview due to it being busy when I arrived, but he asked me great questions that I knew would benefit him in hiring me. I knew how to upsell and have wonderful customer service. I learned within just that interview what he was looking for. I grew to be have perfect customer service skills/

Interview Questions
    • None unless you count that the first time I heard the term "upsell" was during this interview.   View Answer
    No negotiations necessary aside from only being able to work afternoons and he started me at $8.00/hour

Seasonal Halloween Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City.

applied online,got a phone call three days later.interview with one of the managers was easy and relaxed.spoke about school,availability,experience.received a call two days later to come in a sign paper work.it was a seasonal job so they were basically looking for extra help for Halloween.

Interview Questions
    • none.mostly questions about availability and experience.   View Answer
    none

Crew Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Party City.

they call u in for interview process tell company rules regulation offer you the job then u do a 3 day training for 4 hours then they put u on a regular schedule u also take these test on the computer of what u learned over the 3 day training process

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!