Party City Interview Questions

Updated 28 Sep 2014
Updated 28 Sep 2014

2.0

Seasonal Halloween Interview

Applied online and got a call a week later towards the end of September. The interview was about 10 minutes and pretty basic, mainly concerning my availability and a couple scenario questions. Most of the new people were my age, either in high school or college.

Interview Questions
    • Some Halloween related ones like "How would you decorate a yard for Halloween?" and "What does customer service mean to you?"   Answer Question
    None, it's minimum wage

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Party City.

I applied online and the process took about two days. If you get a call back you pretty much have the job. The interview is very easy no difficult questions. They basically ask about your work experience and your availability.

Interview Questions

The pay was too low and there were no set hours. You could be only working 10 hours and get paid minimum wage. The banners outside the store are lies. The pay is not great and there is no flexible scheduling. There is no direct deposit for seasonal workers

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City in September 2014.

I walked in, asked for an application on Tuesday, it was very basic, talked to the assistant manager, asked some question and got called the next day to set up an interview Saturday.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gastonia, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gastonia, NC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Party City in September 2014.

I saw a now hiring sign on the door, walked in asked a cashier for an application, filled it out in store and turned it in the same day, i've had two previous jobs (subway and mcalister's deli) so i put those down, i also put i have excellent customer service and communication skills, i received a call about an hour later asking could i come in the next day for an interview (i was informed that it was going to be a group interview), i agreed (the interview was at 3pm) (it was myself and 3 girls) he started off with yes/no questions and then asked us questions like what would our previous employer say about us?, describe with customer service means to us etc. then he said he was going to talk to us 1on1 so i was second, he asked why should we hire you and not the others? my response was "bc i'm always reliable, i listed my skills, said that i look for a role model in my manager to teach me and eventually end up where they are and so on. i shook his hand and left and about two hours later received a job offer.

Interview Questions
    a week off for christmas cruise, easy process.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Party City in September 2014.

I applied to party city about a week ago, and got a call back. Had my interview same day and was hired on the spot. All together it was a very fun expirence. she asked me questions like what would you do if there was a rude customer and how would you help dress a customer for Halloween. It was a very nice interview relaxing and fun!

Interview Questions
    • How would you dress a customer if they can't fit in a regular costume?

How would you react to a rude customer?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation minimal wage is what you get and that's fine with me!

Halloween Part-time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Party City in September 2014.

Applied online and received a call a month later, got a call and went to the interview didn't take long only 15 minutes. I was asked why I wanted to work there, what did I dress up for halloween last year and if you can work well with customers. Was hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for party city?
      What did you do last halloween?
      Mainly questions about customer service
        Answer Question

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elmont, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmont, NY (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Party City in September 2014.

I applied online. Process took 2 days. Got a call to come in at 11:30. I came pretty early around 10:49 because the way the buses run. The manager was so funny and cool. He asked me simple questions. The interview was a piece of cake. Just make sure to think before you talk and stay calm as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose this location? And why do you want to work at this location?   View Answer
    • What was you for halloween last year?   View Answer
    • What did you do for Halloween last year?   View Answer

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corona, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Party City in September 2014.

I filled out my application online over the summer and walked in the store the beginning of august but at that time they had not started prepping for the Halloween season yet so they told me to come back in at the beginning of September. During the second week of September I walked in again asking for a manager but she wasn't there but another manager said they were making calls that very week so I waited about a day or two and sure enough the call for an interview came. For the interview I wore dress shoes, dress pants, and a collard shirt with a tie. Walking in dressed up I was greeted by an employee and she asked me if I wanted to see a manager. Unfortunately the manager had just left but would be back shortly so they said to take my time and walk around the store and enjoy myself. Eventually the manager who wasn't doing the hiring took me to the back and was very nice and asked me to fill out an availability sheet. During that process employees would drift in and out and they were all having a great time. The hiring manager came in about five minutes after that and the interview started. She went on about what party city is about, their job, how they differentiate from other retail stores, and so on and so forth. She asked me three questions not in succession.
    1. What do you think good customer service is?
    2. Do you have any questions for me?
    3. Would you like to be a Halloween Sales Associate for Party City?

Interview Questions
    • Understand good customer service but be prepared for any other interview questions. I was surprised when I didn't get asked much else.   View Answer
    No negotiation, flat rate of $9.00 per hour.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City.

The general manager called me in to do an interview and when I got there he greeted me at the door and took me to the back. He started with the basic questions that where on the application then started getting into the more complex things. He told me he had two more interviews to do and that he would call me. By that night he called me offering me the position and I went in the next day for paper work and training.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kissimmee, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Party City in August 2014.

I applied online on their website and got a call back about three or four weeks after.When the manager called back we set a date and time for the actual interview and, and when i went i showed up maybe a few minutes early, which was a big pointer for her, and the interview lasted only about 5 minutes tops. I was nervous in the beginning but she was kind and helpful knowing it was my first interview.

Interview Questions
    • none, the manager pretty much guided me through the whole interview, they were all basic and easy to answer.   Answer Question

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!