Party City

Updated 14 Feb 2015
Updated 14 Feb 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Party City in October 2014.

I applied online on their website and got a call back about three or four days later. Manager called me back and we set up a time for the interview. I got there about 10 minutes early and I was super nervous. The manager called me in and was super nice. The interview lasted about ten minutes. I didn't prepare as much as I should've but it didn't go as bad as I though it would.

Interview Questions
  • mostly basic questions, some situation questions, "What does good customer service mean to you
    ?"

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Party City

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gastonia, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gastonia, NC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Party City in September 2014.

I saw a now hiring sign on the door, walked in asked a cashier for an application, filled it out in store and turned it in the same day, i've had two previous jobs (subway and mcalister's deli) so i put those down, i also put i have excellent customer service and communication skills, i received a call about an hour later asking could i come in the next day for an interview (i was informed that it was going to be a group interview), i agreed (the interview was at 3pm) (it was myself and 3 girls) he started off with yes/no questions and then asked us questions like what would our previous employer say about us?, describe with customer service means to us etc. then he said he was going to talk to us 1on1 so i was second, he asked why should we hire you and not the others? my response was "bc i'm always reliable, i listed my skills, said that i look for a role model in my manager to teach me and eventually end up where they are and so on. i shook his hand and left and about two hours later received a job offer.

Interview Questions
    a week off for christmas cruise, easy process.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hyde Park, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hyde Park, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Party City in September 2014.

I applied online. A few days later, I got a call from one of the managers, for an interview a few days later. I got to the interview a few minutes early. One of the managers took me to the back room, noticed that I worked at a party city while in college for the past 2 years. He didn't ask me any questions, more like a conversation. The only questions I got asked were my avaliblity and if I would mind being on a latter. He told one of the other managers I was really outgoing and sweet and was going to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • What did I previously do while working at Party City?
      What was my favorite part?
      Do you mind going on a later?

Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Started me at $8.50.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Party City in August 2014.

I applied online on their website and got a call back about three or four weeks after.When the manager called back we set a date and time for the actual interview and, and when i went i showed up maybe a few minutes early, which was a big pointer for her, and the interview lasted only about 5 minutes tops. I was nervous in the beginning but she was kind and helpful knowing it was my first interview.

Interview Questions
    • none, the manager pretty much guided me through the whole interview, they were all basic and easy to answer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atascocita, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atascocita, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Party City in September 2013.

It was a fairly short interview. Only about 15 minutes long. I applied online and received a call for an interview for the next day. Friendly store manager, and it is a decent company to have your first work experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Party City in September 2013.

The interview was very awkward and you sit in a table located IN the sales floor, where customers can see you being interviewed as they shop around. The questions were so bland like, "Do you like helping people with parties?" and "How many times do you go out in a month?"
    I really did feel like the hiring manager was just throwing random questions at me and in the end, I got hired.
    After I got hired, in about... maybe, a week: I was called in to the break room where the new employees and I were made to watch a video about how the work area must be kept and how we can best help the customers. It contained a tutorial on lifting heavy items and heavy boxes, how to speak to customers without scaring them or making them feel uncomfortable, and how to clean up spills.
    The video was so old, it looked like it was made in the middle 80's

Interview Questions
    • Has there ever been a time you had to take charge and supervise a certain amount of employees and if so, how did it go and what did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Party City in September 2013.

The interview was very easy general questions, nothing complex.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA (US)

interviewed at Party City in September 2013.

Submitted resume online, got a call to set up an interview. Got the job. The interview was like any other retail.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer who wanted you to do something out of store policy?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mays Landing, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mays Landing, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Party City in September 2013.

Very laid back interview with manager and assistant manager. We ended up joking around about random stuff that had nothing to do with the interview. They hired me on the spot and i started orientation a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly questions about your background. Asked if i hosted alot of parties, if i liked Halloween, how i dealt with stress and a busy store.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, $8.00 an hour

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matteson, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Matteson, IL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Party City in July 2013.

I walked in and applied. I was told to come back in a few days for an interview. This was my first interview, so I was really nervous. The lady had to try to get answers out of me because I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't prep the night before.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer is looking at birthday balloon, what do you do?   View Answer