Paychex

Updated 22 Nov 2014
Updated 22 Nov 2014

3.1

Sales Assistant Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Paychex has a long interview process so be patient it is worth it. You start off by having a phone interview. If they like you they will ask you to come in for a in person interview. Typically a potential employee will have several in person interviews before they give you an offer. Once you are offered a job you have to pass a drug and background test.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time that you made a mistake at work and how did you correct it? What did you learn?   Answer Question

401k SALES Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Three interviews - Sales test it was decent process they even do a ride along to make sure you see a day in the life - what they dont show you is the stress micro management and shaddy sales training

Interview Questions
    Everyone gets 42-47 base - recruiter says you can make 100k Plus if you hit the hard to hit quota you make abouy 72-77k !

Territory Ready Representative Interview

Briefly spoke with a recruiter. At first he thought I was a man (my resume clearly shows I am a woman) this tells me he did not read my resume. During the "interview" he asked me basic questions that I answered with no problem. After these questions he informs me he has no available positions in my area. (Then why have me answer your questions for a job opening that no longer exist?) The whole process was bizzare and very misleading.

401 (K) Specialist (Entry Level) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Paychex.

The hiring process consisted of a phone interview, one-on-one interview sessions, and a panel interview. I also had to take a short math test. I also interviewed in a few other departments before I got this offer. The departments that didn't take me passed on my resume to another department where they thought I would fit better. That was nice! Not too many companies do that.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate the salary. I took what was offered, which was about $25,000 in 2004. It was an entry level position in the 401(k) department.

Payroll Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paychex.

There is an initial phone screening and you have to pass 2 tests that test general math skills and problem solving. After that there are 3 interviews. My first and 2nd interviews were back to back on the same day. First interview with one supervisor, second interview with 2 supervisors, and third interview scheduled for a later day with the manager. After that you have to pass a drug test/background check. Very involved, but they want good people

No salary negotiation

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex in November 2014.

Started off with a recruiter contacting me on LinkedIn. The first step after that was a phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes. After that I was asked to take a skills assessment. A few days later I was contacted again by the recruiter who set up an interview for me with their District Sales Manager. They were very flexible with the interview and the manager was able to meet me near my current employer's office. A few days have passed and I am currently still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Role play with me how you currently try to sell you company's services.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex in November 2014.

It's a process of four interviews. I applied online and within a week received an email to schedule a screening interview (30 min), then about another 2 weeks later I received a phone call to schedule the second phone interview, conducted by the department manager (45 min). About a week later another phone call to schedule an in-office interview with more managers (60-90 min) and several days later a final phone call to an invitation to meet the rest of the department and have a small panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • VERY specific CA state law questions and how I have used them. Totally not expecting this.   Answer Question

Core Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

I was initially contacted by a Paychex recruiter, who contacted me for all of my interviews (4 total, including ride-a-long - which was also an interview). The process went something like this:

- Battery of Sales/personality testing (2 days total)
    - 1st Interview - Conducted by a Sales Rep who was being groomed for promotion (approx. 1 hour)
    - 2nd Interview - Ride-a-long with a top rep in the company (approx. 3-3 1/2 hours)
    - 3rd Interview - Conducted by District Manager and Sales Rep who conducted 1st interview (approx. 50 mins
    - 4th Interview - Regional Manager (approx. 50 mins)

Very professional - yet relaxed atmosphere. People seemed pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) Method questions

Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled that situation - keeping in mind STAR responses.
        View Answer

Core Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Paychex.

The process started with a quick phone call from the recruiter. It was followed by a test and then 2 separate interviews plus a field ride. The last step was one last interview with the zone manager.

No negotiation

Java Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex in October 2014.

I applied through my college's career site. I got an interview call within a week. The interview was on-campus. All the questions asked were basic. But there were a lot of questions: Java, SQL, behavioral. 1 week later I got the offer.

Interview Questions

I was waiting for offers from other companies and they did not provide me with an extension to accept the offer